Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.14.0

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Fast_Pickle said:

so you're mad other players get to have a better experience equal to your own and other players now get to enjoy arcane helmets without needing to spend 2000 platnum for an old helmet. Exclusive content is already stagnant enough as is and no one needs you to encourage the idea that people should be punished and left out.

Not really, as I said its something just to be proud of, I mean remember de old kill leaderboards? Well players on the top got emblems to keep forever before the leaderboards feature started reseting weekly, it was something to be proud of like a "I did this 4 years ago, and I still have it, it doesn't affect anyone and I'm happy". I don't really care about arcanes released in PoE, in fact I like that idea since players didn't get to enjoy that content as it was only raid exclusive. What my point is here is talking about the "punishment" because it is that, a punishment for using an old gear that I got myself when that gear was a thing. Now, if an arcane helm costs 2000p well its up to the buyer to buy it or not, thats none of my business, IMO they shouldn't even be tradeable between players.

2 minutes ago, Dragonwarp2510 said:

Now, if an arcane helm costs 2000p well its up to the buyer to buy it or not, thats none of my business, IMO they shouldn't even be tradeable between players.

I absolutely agree.

But if we want to address leader boards, the core issue might be "does any player have a reason to climb those leader boards?"

most of this game's  big incentives for good memorable rewards like you got are just, gone. and its not just the arcane helmets. like WHY would you climb leaderboards or do any high level content.

you know what you get for doing "high level". a sculpture. every day. just another bad, forgettable reward, just 400 endo under from the bad 4k endo and just as bad 6k kuva. because doing ANYTHING else is just grinding for credits and ducats, because what else would you do? no mission/node is going to give you anything special and if it can it will fight you tooth and nail with 0.003% drops

1 hour ago, LazyBunnyKiera said:

The first target in the chain (primary target) the damage ramps up, starting at 20%(it got boosted from 10% to 20%)
However each enemy in the chain will remain at the 20%. So as the damage on #1 ramps up, #2,#3,#4 along the chain, don't get ramped up damage. I put in a big report here, 

This isn't really an issue with the ramp-up mechanic as a mechanic (I agree it's a nonsensical mechanic, but that's how DE wants it to work) so much as it shouldn't be applied to Amprex chains, just the main beam. The chains historically were reduced 50% damage per jump, with the chain damage being based on the damage the main beam was doing. You might want to file a bug report for the specific issue that Amprex chains don't ramp up and but receive the initial damage reduction from the ramp-up system, when they should be directly based off the damage the Amprex is doing with a per-jump reduction.

For the first time reading the comments on this forum i actually wanted a huge dislike button. Since there's none i feel the need to express my thoughts about the whole raid thing in text form.
The main two things for me in any game are some form of team play and challenging mechanic. Can live without one of those, don't play this game because i want all the shiny pixels, though I've got almost every mod / gun / frame. The raids were the first one, as for me Warframe isn't all that skill demanding. Now as a way of getting pixels raids were terrible, only 1 arcane a day each, horrible drop tables, bugs. In that respect Eidolons dropping arcanes are obviously better. Thing is after the Void 2.0 i see very little point in farming arcanes as just swinging a sword in every direction gets the job done in any <100 lvl mission. Another issue is the sad fact The Plains are also quite buggy. But the most important for me is Eidolon fight itself - it's tedious and boring: only 2 frames and 1 archwing can interact with Operator, the gun play on Amps is a joke, you have to avoid damage by looking at the ground but you have to look at the sky to shoot, you have to keep alive things you can't easily see unless they block your line of fire and the combination of night lighting and VFX is just hurting my eyes. Also the fact that you have to wait for the night in the first place.
The conclusion is - i won't be farming Eidolons. I see no reason that justifies suffering through all the bad things I've described.

7 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

3_Years_of_Improvement.png

These are my first 5 and recent 5 Law of Retribution runs. It is sad to see them go, and you should never stop improving. I respect Conclave, and I hope DE does not go after that next. I just wish we could improve this game without the consequence of ruining it for thriving communities. Rest in peace The Warframe Raid School Bus, Trial-centered clans, and those who have little incentive to continue playing this game that becomes easier with every update.

P.S. Why in God's name would you nerf Cycron...

I used to play them everyday and I enjoyed them specially because I did it with really good friends. After a lot of them stopped playing or went on month long breaks, I stopped doing them and now that some have returned, but the majority are still not playing, I find no joy in them. 

I'll miss the nostalgia, and just like when dark sectors 2.0 comes back, if raids ever come back, I'll always look back to the good old days... 

Rest in piece memories... 

I need to know who is the guy that designed those horrible warframe skins with insect legs affected by a serious case of malnutrition... Please DE sell the weapons skins separately to the rest of the set if you are going to put on the market something so UGLY!!! x.x

1 minute ago, Smertyuk said:

The main two things for me in any game are some form of team play and challenging mechanic.

Thats what a lot of people do not get or will never understand. AND WILL BASH OTHERS FOR IT.

people DID play this game's raid for a daily challenge and team coordination, the base game just a way to improve their raid finish time.

don't give up like I have though. they highly plan on replacing them with a new kind of trial. when the Rift time trial hits maybe the game will be worth its play time.

I just went to the simulacrum and did some Amprex testing. I'm seeing no ramp-up or ramp up damage reduction on chains. Chains from the main beam are doing half the damage the main beam is, as they should. Secondary chains are halved again, and so on. When the main beam crits, the chains crit. When the main beam orange crits, the chains orange crit. It's not being hidden by chained enemies 'ramping up', either, it's just not present. You can test by shooting a single enemy until you're at 100% damage, then switching to a new target in a group outside of chain range of your initial target and seeing that chained enemies are taking damage proportional to what you're doing to the new target.

That said, while there's no ramp-up bug, I did find something unexpected and unfortunate. Amprex chain damage is not taking into account headshot or headcrit damage, which seems like a bug when the chains are supposed to be based on the damage you're doing. It also removes an element of skill from the weapon, and in fact encourages me to shoot the enemy wherever it will deal the least damage, so I can stick to one target longer.

edit: I've filed a bug report for this.

Hey, I appreciate that you guys made Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach optional now for Amprex and Atomos, but do you think you could up the bounce range a little?  These ranges aren't great.  It's short enough that I may as well whack them with my melee instead.

2 minutes ago, ArcusVeles said:

Hey, I appreciate that you guys made Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach optional

"optional"

>>"optional"

They were optional before and added utility, now they do nothing. you seem to be under a big illusion they were giving you some kind of special choice

and if you ask what I mean, they dont give you more chains OR hit more enemies. Both mods do NOTHING

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but with the latest patch my Phage has a noticeable bug. About 3 out of every 5 firings, the tentacle beams do nothing. Literally nothing. They pass through enemies without damage or impact, and no combination of mods (or even removing all the mods) seems to matter. I've been toying around with it in random missions the last couple hours, and seemingly this is just a bug. 

Just wanted to put it here for others Incase it was noteworthy for discussion. 

Thanks for the great updates DE and thank you for all the awesome changes you've made lately! 

RIP Raids, but I understand why they're being removed. Cheers <3

2 minutes ago, Fyrscha said:

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but with the latest patch my Phage has a noticeable bug. About 3 out of every 5 firings, the tentacle beams do nothing. Literally nothing. They pass through enemies without damage or impact, and no combination of mods (or even removing all the mods) seems to matter.

what if I told you this was actually intended and this was a nerf patch and that most beams are kinda garbage again

35 minutes ago, ArcusVeles said:

Hey, I appreciate that you guys made Ruinous Extension and Sinister Reach optional now for Amprex and Atomos, but do you think you could up the bounce range a little?  These ranges aren't great.  It's short enough that I may as well whack them with my melee instead.

I'm also sad to see Amprex's jump-range not affected by sinister reach anymore, but lez be honest the Amprex is even more "el superbeasto" than it was, and the boosted jump-range was pretty ridiculous lol

Just now, Fast_Pickle said:

what if I told you this was actually intended and this was a nerf patch and that most beams are kinda garbage again

Then I wouldn't believe you knew what you were talking about, because I use beam weapons constantly and I've used them all week. They are devastating compared to how they were before the re-work.

yea they were, before this patch. then came this patch.

i tested most of the beam weapons after this patch and they are still very good, barely noticing any difference rather than a higher range? 

yea they were, before this patch. then came this patch.

Oh gotcha, I see what you were saying now. I'll do some more tests with my faves tonight, see how they feel now. (My usuals are Amprex, Phage, Synapse, and Nukor)

Just now, Fyrscha said:

Oh gotcha, I see what you were saying now. I'll do some more tests with my faves tonight, see how they feel now. (My usuals are Amprex, Phage, Synapse, and Nukor)

its the amprex you are going to need to look at the most, phage seems to be victim too for some reason

2 minutes ago, Dexmasa said:

i tested most of the beam weapons after this patch and they are still very good, barely noticing any difference rather than a higher range? 

certain weapons were taken to a back alley and hit with a metal bat, many beams are still intact but some suffered greatly

7 minutes ago, Fast_Pickle said:

its the amprex you are going to need to look at the most, phage seems to be victim too for some reason

Just tested my Amprex. I shredded 8 lvl 100 Bombards in half a magazine. I don't think it's nerfed lol

Archived