Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Sourced: Octavia Augments

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, Koler93 said:

Resonator:

CC Augment: Enemies instead of attacking Roller follow it creating a conga line.

Reveal hidden contents

It already does this. 

The Resonator emits a charming aura with a minimum radius of 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 meters, causing enemies to cease all aggression and follow the Resonator's travel path until the ability expires

An augment for her Amp! I dont have a name for it but i do have an idea

• Instead of granting a damage boost to any Tenno on the AoE of the Amp, they receive a health / shield / armor boost.
  • Note that I mentioned specifically boost, not actual healing. Why? Because, despite it could move Octavia into more of a Support Frame, I believe it would make her a must have frame or simply just too op.
  • Of course, the percentage or quantity its boosted is modified by how much strength it's on the build.

The why I thought this: one huge disadvantage Octavia presents is the fact she has VERY low survivability. She can be easily one shot by any enemy beyond lvl 40 without mods and almost one shot by any enemy beyond level 60 with mods. Besides, she already grants a LOT of damage with her other abilities as it is. Adding more damage to her might come out in too op and basically create more braindead Octavia players instead of active Octavia players that use the buffs and rhythm accordingly

1 idea: wake up and dance

the augment mod on the metronome

heal your teammates 1 hp/20% of your power - 1lv

4 hp/25% of your power - 2lv

5hp/30% of your power - 3lv

(every second) 

:laugh: and just be happy because your teammates sill angry ,because your radius so small:satisfied:

so thats all

All I want is for Resonator to pick up items so I don't have to go hunting for every drop from things it has killed in random rooms during Survival missions.

On a more serious note...

Rejuvenating Chorus - Amp Augment

"Every beat of Octavia's Mandachord that creates excess noise needed for Amp [heals and/or restores shields] to allies within Amp's range."

As anyone who has ever played Octavia knows, Amp's instantaneous damage multiplier is determined by the surrounding noise from all sources, generally largely generated by Octavia's other abilities (Mallet/Resonator/Metronome). While I'm not fully sure how DE has the game handle calculations on noise level to Amp multipliers, I do know that there are instances where I don't necessarily need all three abilities running in order to achieve max damage multiplier. While keeping all three primary abilities running has its perks, I figured there also could be extra incentive/reward to not only maintaining all buffs, but for others to stay within Amp's range like those pesky squadmates that don't want to stay grouped during Survival missions or to (theoretically) incentivize the Octavia to more strategically place her Amp if she doesn't have the tools to keep it up constantly.

If we stay on the idea that Octavia is fundamentally a support frame, the easiest thing to do to reinforce that would be to give her an Augment that gives her the one major thing she doesn't have as a support - healing or shield regeneration. Putting this on Amp frees up more creative Augments for Octavia's other three skills, which would allow for a switch-up of how the frame is played while still allowing her to gain a fundamental support concept if desired. It also provides a more tactful way of putting healing/shield restoration in Octavia's kit, even if it's not too difficult to achieve with the correct builds. Obviously the Augment doesn't have to restore both health and shields, or it could be a minute amount scaling somewhat off of how much excess noise generated.

What I kind of would like to see has already been mentioned. But I would love to see an augment that lets Octavia be more mobile. I have a hard time just standing around letting my group get benefits from my metronome and not feeling like I don't have the freedom to move around. I think the buffs from Nocturne and Vivace should still have to be manually triggered by squad members, but an augment that lets Octavia dance and fight to her own songs and benefits the squad with shared Opera and Forte buffs with her own movements would encourage a more active play style and let other squad members focus more on their own roles instead of trying to stick close to Octavia and time actions to her songs for Opera and Forte buffs. I think the buffs she gives with her own actions should be weaker than if a squad member were to time to her song themselves, but the squad also wouldn't be penalized for her missteps either.

Surround Sound: Amp instead spawns speakers spread out over multiple locations in an area and creates pockets for squad members to fight in with the benefits of amp.

Resonator: If recast while still active it can explode and do a small radial blind like a disco ball. But that's kinda too much like Mirage honestly.

I'm trying to think of things that don't involve healing. I love love love Octavia but I don't think she needs any kind of healing power. She already brings so much to the table that letting her heal on top of it would be overkill.

Edited by (PS4)Niashi

I believe Augments should be optional that only offers different gameplay for frames and not to make them stronger I'll probably get sht on this but whatever here's my idea

The augment is for mallet. Damage is removed(yep kill me). Heals everyone instead in the AoE. Everything is the same but instead of damaging enemies, allies and you will be heal over time in the circle, kinda like renewal but w/o armor and energy drain. It also kinda forces the octavia players to actually use their weapon YEP. Lets be honest this frame is just too strong that she doesnt need any weapon to kill everyone and you know it. The augment wont be "a must have" but it also changes octavia from being the kill everyone w/o using a weapon while spamming crouch somewhere while also buffing everyone in the team frame to a pure support frame. The ball + mallet will basically be a healing ball.

I really hope you guys wont even consider to put the healing that are being and will be suggest on her AMP or Metronome. I mean what are we looking here? A frame that can kill everyone w/o weapons, has invi, she can provide invi to everyone which is something that loki ash(w/o augment) or ivara cant even do, energy restore buffs, damage buffs, and we're gonna add healing? I think you will understand where I'm coming from right? Thanks!

Hypnotizing Metronome: 

Metronome gains an additional passive ability that activates every 5 seconds Metronome is currently active that gives a chance to hypnotize enemies within sound range using the Mandachord's melody temporarily turning them into allies. Range of the passive ability can also be increased by Amp.

Metronome Mashup:
    ◆Octavia's Metronome ability now provides a bonus effect based on the last two activated buffs.
    ◆The effects last for the duration of Metronome(*), and the duration of the effects can be refreshed by recasting metronome(*).
    ◆This can happen up to 3(*) times, at which point you can not activate any more bonus buffs until the existing ones expire.
    ◆Bonus buffs do not stack.

Buff combinations and results:

Spoiler

◆Nocturne(Cloak) + Opera(Multi-shot) = Silenced weapons(*)
    ◆Nocturne(Cloak) + Vivace(Speed) = Power range buff(*)
    ◆Nocturne(Cloak) + Forte(Melee Damage) = Finisher damage buff(*) (Either all finisher damage, including slash procs, or just stealth kill/ground finishers)
    ◆Opera(Multi-shot) + Forte(Melee Damage) = Gun damage buff(*)
    ◆Opera(Multi-shot) + Vivace(Speed) = Gun fire rate and reload buff(*)
    ◆Forte(Melee Damage) + Vivace(Speed) = Melee attack speed buff(*)

Options for effect triggering: (Final decision is to be made by DE and/or the community if this augment is chosen.)

Spoiler

Option 1: Bonus effects trigger only when you activate the main buffs, and not when you refresh their duration.
    ◆Allows daisy chaining of bonus buffs.
        ◆Example: Activating Vivace, then Forte, then Opera, then Nocturne results in the Melee attack speed buff, Gun damage buff, and the Silenced weapons effect being activated in that order. (Vivace + Forte -> Forte + Opera -> Opera + Nocturne)

◆If a main buff runs out, it can be used to activate a bonus buff again.(*)
        ◆Example: Activating Nocturne, then Vivace, then waiting for Nocturne to run out, activating it again, then activating Opera results in the Power range buff and Silenced weapons effect to be triggered in that order. (Nocturne + Vivace -> Nocturne + Opera)

Option 2: Bonus effects can trigger when you activate or refresh the duration of the main buffs.
    ◆Requires a main buff to be refreshed or reactivated in order to use it to trigger another bonus effect.
        ◆Example: Activating Opera, then Vivace, then refreshing the duration of Vivace, then activating Forte results in the Melee attack speed buff and the Fire rate/Reload speed buffs being triggered in that order. (Opera + Vivace -> Vivace + Forte)

(*) = Subject to change based on community feedback and DE's own decisions.

Edited by Anima_Messor

Emotional metronome:

Metronome augment,

Using an emote in tune with the metronome bestows a new effect called emotional support to Octavia and her allies

Emotional support; restores 5/10/15 health per second for 15 seconds

Probably could use a better name

Edited by metafilms36
Added personal comment

Sorry for submith 4 but i was thinking in this 4 for a long time ago. :sadcry:

• Afterparty(mallet):Increases duration per kill (.5, 1, 1.5) but decreases range (-10%,-20%,-30%)
  • --- Fever(resonator):A disco ball that floats in the air up from mallet,atract (15%,30%,45%) of the enemy fire, increase enemies movement speed (+20%,+40%,+&60%) and atract them to mallet. (That one would be my choise for submit)
  • Nice party(metronome): Heals if do a narta animation in his range (based on rithm & afected by strength mods)
  • Feel the rithm(amp):  Every (5,10,15) put (1,2,3) enemies to dance (or simply stunts XD)for (3,6,9) sec and generate litle pulses of (3,4,5)energy at the rithm of your song.

Sorry for my english. (im mexican). :satisfied:

20sy3rr.jpg

xsjY4Vg.png

Resonator Augment - Caesura

Re-activate to direct your Resonator towards the direction of your aim point. Hold to cause the Resonator Roller to detonate, dealing 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 Blast damage in a 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 meter radius around it.

• If the Resonator has a Mallet, it also detonates and the stored damage is added to the Resonator's total damage.
  • Amp also doubles the Resonator's damage and explosion radius.
  • While the Resonator is active, re-activating while aiming at a valid location creates a beacon in which the roller will then follow.
    • If no other beacon is created, the Resonator Roller will resume its usual AI.
  • Abiility needs to be held for at least 1 second for the Resonator Roller to detonate.
  • Bolded numbers are affected by Power Strength and Power Range.
  • Enemies within the Resonator's explosion radius are highlighted by Octavia's energy color.

Creator's Notes:

The Resonator Augment - Encore was designed to be a simple yet drastic Augment for Octavia. Already known for her powerful ability synergy which can lead to a steady amount of damage each second as her music plays out but even so requires a good setup in which all 4 abilities are active at once to maximize such effect. The Encore Augment was meant to be a way for Octavia to have a reliable way to damage enemies through an explosive roller. Combined with Resonator's charming effects, the Encore guarantees that any enemies following the roller will take the damage if they're close enough and when they do die, sets up Octavia for her next round of ability usage through the energy regeneration capabilities of the augment.

Creator's Notes 2:

Wanted to flesh it out a bit more by giving it something more than just an explosion and making it more interactive by adding the ability to order your Resonator Roller around (akin to Chroma's Guided Effigy Augment) which then allows you to lead your enemies to their doom or wherever you need them to and when the time is right, hold the ability to cause it to explode. No longer do you need to watch your roller where it is going and find a trail of enemies following it, it now follows you!

Creator's Notes 3:

Decided to remove the Energy Gain aspect of the Augment seeing as Octavia herself has an Inspiration Passive which grants around 30 Energy (at a slow pace, but can't complain with that) to herself and her allies. The name has also been changed from Encore to Bass Drop  Caesura which means a break or a pause, which is now fitting once the Resonator detonates. Encore was the ideal term I initially had before giving it the ability to be moved around since the Energy Gain aspect allows Octavia to re-cast a new set of abilities (hence an Encore) once it had ended.

Spoiler

I know we can should only submit one ability per player so I choose the one above but I just enjoy making these so if it's fine, disregard the ones found here - it is solely just to satisfy my creative juices.

Mallet Augment - Humming Mallet

Mallet can now be used on an enemy in which causes the device to latch itself on the target for 8 / 9 / 12 seconds, dealing 5% / 10% / 15% of the target's maximum Health with each beat.

• If the enemy target dies with remaining duration, the device returns to normal, hovering above ground and can be picked up by a Resonator Roller.

Creator's Notes:

The Mallet Augment - Humming Mallet is designed to become a destructive force on its own when used on targets, no longer requiring it to be charged by enemy fire, it instead deals damage based on the target's health.

Metronome Augment - Oscillating Beat

Whenever Octavia or her allies trigger Vivace, Nocturne, Opera or Forte - allies within range also benefits from the effects at 50% / 75% / 100% of the duration.

Creator's Notes:

The Metronome Augment - Oscillating Beat helps in giving your allies the necessary buff they need it they're having trouble keeping up with Octavis' rhythm. Sharing or refreshing their buffs while within the Metronome range allows Octavia's squad to maximize the bonuses by performing various actions together in range.

Amp Augment - Diminuendo

Amplifies damage dealt to enemies within the Amp radius while reducing their Armor by 5% / 7% / 10% each second they remain within range.

• No longer grants damage buff to allies within the radius but instead amplifies damage to enemies dealt inside the radius.
  • Resonator Rollers now proactively lure enemies within the Amp radius.
  • Damage amplifier remains the same as the base ability, scaling with the sound level of the environment.

Creator's Notes:

The Amp Augment - Diminuendo changes things up by allowing you to focus on enemies in a specific area, in which case - your Amp radius. This allows Octavia and her allies to have more freedom in movement as they are no longer limited by the Amp range they have to stay in order to receive the buff. This also allows Octavia to setup areas as choke points as enemies entering drastically take more damage.

Edited by Kai

Mallet augment : Protective impact
For each kill made by mallet, give 4% / 8% / 12% / 16% damage reduction to allies inside mallet radius during 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 second stack up 5 time

Edited by Aisu9

Resonator augment: Magnetic Resonator

The Resonator now behaves like a mobile Mag's Magnetize, attracting incoming bullets from all sources, including your own and your allies', and damaging all enemies inside the magnetic bubble. There is no damage multiplier, all damage that goes in is what gets dealt at face value (including crits and status). Bubble radius is half of that of a Mallet, but Mallet radius is not affected. Bubble radius can be double with Amp, since Mallet's radius doubles with Amp.

A simple, but effective idea. There could be a chance, that every drum beat that plays in your song could stagger enemies. Of course, this needs to be balanced, so instead of having each beat have the same chance, songs with less drum beats would have more of a chance per beat, and those with more beats would have less power. The trade off here would lie within the predictability of the ability, knowing when the stagger is more likely to happen, or just rushing in and hoping to get lucky with all drums blaring every second, with a ton of chances, but a low activation rate. Thought I'd just throw my hand in here. I think it'd be really fun if these augments could allow for more strategic use of actually writing your songs instead of just going for max DPS or stealth, add in some other factors. Anyways, thanks for reading!

22 minutes ago, Kai said:

Resonator Augment - Encore

Resonator can be re-activated to deal 200 / 350 / 500 Blast damage in a 6 / 7 / 8 meter radius around it. Grants 10 / 15 / 20 Energy for each enemy slain.

• If the Resonator has a Mallet, it also detonates and deals the stored damaged immediately.
  • Amp also doubles the Resonator's damage and explosion radius.
  • Bolded numbers are affected by Power Strength and Power Range.
  • Enemies within the Resonator's explosion radius are highlighted by Octavia's energy color.

Creator's Notes:

The Resonator Augment - Encore was designed to be a simple yet drastic Augment for Octavia. Already known for her powerful ability synergy which can lead to a steady amount of damage each second as her music plays out but even so requires a good setup in which all 4 abilities are active at once to maximize such effect. The Encore Augment was meant to be a way for Octavia to have a reliable way to damage enemies through an explosive roller. Combined with Resonator's charming effects, the Encore guarantees that any enemies following the roller will take the damage if they're close enough and when they do die, sets up Octavia for her next round of ability usage through the energy regeneration capabilities of the augment.

I will never use this augment. By the time its benefits are useful, it can't kill anything except Ratels, Maggots, and the like.

21 minutes ago, Raspberri said:

I will never use this augment. By the time its benefits are useful, it can't kill anything except Ratels, Maggots, and the like.

Take note - Mallets grabbed by Resonators as well as Amp also contributes to the total damage dealt in a burst. Resonators already deal damage by itself in small ticks while the huge aspect of it is the ability to charm enemies to follow it, it also slowly damages them which allows you to time your detonation when needed.

Edited by Kai

17 minutes ago, Kai said:

Take note - Mallets grabbed by Resonators as well as Amp also contributes to the total damage dealt in a burst. Resonators already deal damage by itself in small ticks while the huge aspect of it is the ability to charm enemies to follow it, it also slowly damages them which allows you to time your detonation when needed.

I kinda see where you're going with it, but what if the detonated Mallet does the killing blow and not the detonated Resonator?

7 minutes ago, laurasweet said:

only dmg? nah not much of a gameplay change i think

ATM, Octavia's Gameplay revolves around activating all of her abilities, crouching to the beat of Metronome and remaining idle as everything dies around you. Her abilities does not let her do anything interactive the way other Warframes do. The idea of a detonating Resonator Roller sounds like a good idea in my head.

Just now, Raspberri said:

I kinda see where you're going with it, but what if the detonated Mallet does the killing blow and not the detonated Resonator?

It contributes to the damage and counts as a Resonator kill (will add a note for that) - and gives you back the energy.