Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Sourced: Octavia Augments

[DE]Danielle

Autotune -  Metronome now only requires one action to be carried out per buff, for Octavia and her allies.  (Instead of multiple synchronized non-fluid keystrokes or actions forcing only specific melodies to be considered viable)

Hopefully this opens up Octavia's repertoire to a whole new field of non-screamy hits and possibly provides a bit more FUNctionality.  HEE HEE I'm so punny.

Healing Mallet

On each beat Octavia's Mallet will heal her and any allies in range for 5 / 10 / 15 / 20% of damage absorbed.

When a Resonator picks up the mallet it will travel between players in affinity range to better heal them.

Octavia.png

Octavia's music always sounds better to me when everything comes together to play the full song that's been created. So I thought why not have an augment that promotes using the full song to become more powerful and helpful to teammates by making everyone's buffs stronger and allowing teammates to move further away to complete their tasks while still getting the buffs from Octavia.

Edit: Putting some more thought into this idea it could work by using different parts of the song together provide different  buffs and playing all of them together provides all the buffs and a little bonus. For example:

Percussion + anything -> range increase (from sitting just in front of the drums in my band I know how loud those things are)

Bass + anything -> strength increase (I mean that bass drop can be powerful)

Melody + anything -> efficiency increase (a good song can energize people and improve performance)

Percussion + Bass -> Both bonuses + added blast damage to the mallet and resonator (its an explosive combination of music)

Percussion  + Melody -> Both bonuses + less successful syncs needed to get the buff from metronome (its easier to follow the melody when you have a steady beat beneath it)

Bass + Melody -> Both bonuses + charmed enemy's in range of Octavia's metronome ability take bonus damage for each note of the melody (they are being damaged by the siren song of the charming Octavia)

All music -> all bonuses + small chance enemies stop fighting and start dancing (Who doesn't enjoy dancing to a good song)

Considering the amount of buffs possible from this mod it may be a good idea to lower the maximum buff below 100% as that may be a bit too strong. for more balance it could be a rather draining mod to equip on the Warframe as well. Even in a weakened form I think this could be good fun to use.

Also while I'm here is there a chance we will ever get some jazz instruments for the manachord. I just want some sweet smooth jazz to beat over some peoples head.

Edited by Necronmat

Amp Augment:

Concerted Amp--Amp's maximum damage multiplier is increased by 1/2/3/5% for each ally within its range up to a maximum of 20%.

So for example, an Octavia has a 200% maximum damage multiplier base, then 1 player would boost it to 210%, 2 players would boost to 220%, 3 players would boost to 230%, and 4 players would boost it to 240%.

Stalking the waves that at some tilesets are really hard to see kicks the fun out of Octavia for me. I see people most of the time just ignoring the possibility of buffs and just do their own things. Some also feel silly trying to find the correct moves and hitting the beat. This would fix that. I think she would be better frame with this augment.

Metronomecon: Reverses the pulses of metronome making the pulses send the buffs Octavia performs the moves to in an area around her. Buffs stack but doesn't diminish.

Mentallical Resonation

Resonator Augmentation: Octavia projects her melodical mind into the resonator, assuming direct control of it for the duration at a cost.

Mod energy cost: 

Unranked: Assume Control of the Resonator at the cost of 20 Energy per second.

Rank 1: Assume Control of the Resonator at the cost of 17 Energy per second.

Rank 2: Assume Control of the Resonator at the cost of 14 Energy per second.

Max Rank: Assume Control of the Resonator at the cost of 10 Energy per second.

Notes:

• Energy Cost per second is affected by ability Efficiency.
  • Energy Cost per second is affected by Ability Duration. (Longer duration = reduced energy cost.)
  • Ability Strength & Range are unaffected as the ability by itself is affected by default.
  • Mallets are automatically picked up when a controlled resonator moves near one.

Trivia:

• Mentallical Resonation was inspired by the concept of Ivara's second Ability "Navigator".
  • The word "Mentallical" is a unique combination of "Mental", "Metal" & possibly "Metallica" if plausible.

Augment: "Echo Chamber" or "Reverb"

Whenever an ally (but not Octavia herself) activates a Metronome buff, the next AoE ability that they cast will be applied across the entire AoE of Mallet. The ally must be inside the AoE of Mallet for this to activate. Stacks with Amp and Resonator. If the caster's ability range exceeds the diameter of Mallet's AoE, the ability's strength is amplified instead (by X% per difference in meters).

Non-AoE abilities get a +Y% to power duration on the next cast instead. Must be inside the AoE of Mallet for this to happen. Channeled abilities get a +Z% to efficiency whilst a Metronome buff is active. Must also be inside the AoE of Mallet for this to happen.

Whenever an ally casts an ability that is reverberated like this, Octavia gains a random Metronome buff and her current abilities get a few seconds extra uptime. Getting the same buff stacks and enhances it's effects, up to a maximum of 3 times. 

Now I know you might think that this is OPAF but it would require a lot of team coordination to constantly get the most out of it. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Essemgee

Synchronized Metronome

Description:
Metronome can only be cast when Octavia does a Narta dance at the cost of [PH] energy per second. When active, all buffs will be given to Octavia and her allies within [PH]m range.

Explanation:
Basically, the augment makes her stationary when casting Metronome but gives everyone all buffs without the need for synchronising. This augment is more for team-based gameplay, using this solo will probably be almost impossible. I didn't put any values in the mod as I don't know what's the best values to use, but I think the range should be wider than Metronome's original range since Octavia is made stationary.

I foresee this augment to be a crowd clearing augment, so it might be better if Nocturne isn't given when this augment is used and buffs to only be active in Octavia's range, so players can focus on clearing the area while protecting Octavia instead of using Vivace to run off to the next location. 

octavia.png?width=203&height=300

To further explain: The idea is to further encourage the use of all her buffs, especially the ones that are a bit tricky to do (Opera and Forte), with normal builds that focus on being well balanced. Allies that are aware of this can exploit this as well, dealing a lot of damage in a very large and scattered area. As a result, an entire party may cause up to 8000 (base) Blast Damage.

This can alternatively be used with a large amount of negative duration and high power strength, focusing on proccing the Blast Damage immediately with Nocturne/Vivace, and leaving allies little room to proc the blast damage themselves. More reliable damage, but less focus on her other abilities.

Metronome Augment (Lullaby)

Octavia's Nocturne ability is now controlled by the overall decibel level in the room. If it is quiet, her and any nearby tenno are automatically invisible. If it is loud, the invisibility is removed. This would be useful for stealth and encourage an alternate play style.

I always wished amp could follow you. So an augment to either make amp an aura similar to metronome or give resonator the ability to 'carry' amp similar to how it carries a mallet.

Another idea would be to have amp not only increase the range of mallet but also allow it to increase the range of allies abilities.

Resonator seems to need a buff in some way. I think an aug to have enemies in range of it dance in place rather than following it would be good and possibly open enemies to finishers or stealth damage. Writing it out now i'm thinking that might be to OP, maybe decrease the range and have resonator always seek out non dancing enemies and have the dancing effect wear off after a short duration once out of range of resonator.

I've seen a lot of great ideas here in the few posts I've read. Alot of possibility with Octavia's augments. I look forward to seeing what you, DE, come up with. Keep up the great work!

My idea could be for either her Roller or Amp as the augment I have in mind would essentially allow her roller to pick up Amp, just like her mallet. However with some limitations, like roller will pick the first of the 2 or the closest one to it when its spawned. Additionally, it could add range and subtract duration of the rolling Amp to better match the rollers duration and allow a better buffing area as roller tends to move a bit erratically. This augment would further emphasise her 'bard/buffer' role.

Other quick randoms ideas would be 1) an augment for mallet, giving it some flat damage so in conjunction with the roller it can clear low-level missions 2) an augment for her roller that kills from the mallet (when on it) and kills on charmed enemies would extend its duration and the duration of the mallet if it's carrying it.