Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Sourced: Octavia Augments

[DE]Danielle

Resonator Augement:

Resonator deals increased damage for each enemy affected.

When Resonator picks up Mallet it will not grant additional damage anymore, but enemies will instead of getting charmed attack the Mallet on Resonator very aggressively.

37 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Doesn't Design Council, with some exceptions, typically do Augments?

Any reason this one is a public submission?

prob because her abilites is so public music and public colab based

I'll take a crack at it.  Octavia is one of the more fun frames for me and I did dabble with a couple augment ideas. 

Thundering Mallet- Mallet now inflicts a mix of Explosive and Electric damage that increases in frequency and strength based on absorbed damage. 

Uplifting Resonator- Resonator now flies around (like an osprey) and grants additional allies damage reduction based on the number of enemies charmed for x seconds. 

Inner Rythm (Metronome) - Enemies hit by metronome's pulse add additional duration to aquired buffs. 

Destructive Symphony (Amp) - Enemies killed in Amps range charge up a devastating attack that deals impact and puncture damage that is triggered when Amp ends or is recast. 

Probably not the best ones, but things I've been thinking about to make Octavia a little more interesting. 

Edit: I misread the rules. Guess it's too late now, not much point removing some of them due to the time passed since posting. 

Edited by Sajochi

I have 3 actually .

1) Road Show: Amp can now be picked, Range reduced to half when picked and energy drained with distance (similar to Volt shields) , or if not picked manually let roller pick it.

2) Rejuvenating Beat: gaining an action based metronome buff will heal player / ally that performed the action by x % .

3) Killer Encore: Killing enemies on rhyme will extend the timer of metronome by x seconds - should work similar to how other metronome buffs work - headshot kills grant little more % build towards extension.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

48 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

a2967118fd2ae8684ae1f8f6210e4529.jpg

This is an open-call for Octavia Augment ideas! With the release of the Octavia Maestra Collection in Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.14.0, we are asking the bonafide Mandachord experts out there to show the Devs their design chops. 

Augments have primarily been community driven, and with Octavia being the conductor of synchronized teamwork, she is no exception. We are collecting submissions across all corners of the Warframe community, and we look forward to seeing everyone collectively come together to share their ideas. That said, this is a mass brainstorming exercise and not a contest. The Devs will be picking their favorites where applicable! 

Interested in submitting? Here is what you need to know! 

• All of Octavia’s abilities are eligible (Mallet, Resonator, Metronome, and Amp)!
  • One ability submission per person. We want to give everyone the chance to submit, but also encourage you to really flesh out your Augment idea by focusing on a single ability.  
  • Tenno from all platforms are welcome to submit!  
  • Videos, images, and other concept media to support your Augment’s design are welcome! 

Submit your Octavia Augment ideas here in this thread! 

We are accepting submissions now until March 15th, 2018 at 2 p.m. ET! Once submissions have closed, the Devs will take a look at their favorites and consider them for Octavia’s first Augment(s)!

Photonic Mallet: Periodically, Mallet emits a blinding display of color that impairs enemies that have line of sight of the Mallet.

Considering how eye-bleaching Ocatvia's abilities are, having an augment that literally blinds enemies seems fitting x)

18 minutes ago, Aldrr said:

Here, I'll throw my idea into the hat too :)

Do the Flop!

Mallet (Percussion segment on the Mandachord) has a chance to stagger enemies. If the effect applies to an already staggered enemy, it triggers a knockdown.

Duration influenced by power duration

Effect trigger chance influenced by power strength

If the mallet yells it before activating it and made everyone do it warframes included then id happily use it for a giggle

Perpetual Mallet:

Throwing another mallet while mallet is still active will extend the duration of the first mallet.

Octavia is a warframe that likes to keep all of her abilities active as much as possible. With proper management, this would allow her to avoid the ramp up time of mallet, while using the saved time to cast her other 3 abilities and keep the beat going. The inspiration comes from Vauban's Vortex augment which has a similar effect, however Vauban doesn't have as much incentive to keep his Vortex up as he can just cast another. If this ends up being too strong, each additional mallet used to extend could have a diminishing return, so less duration added each time or reducing the damage by a percentage so the ramp up isn't as severe.

Edited by BORK63

Posted this in other thread earlier:

Roller Derby - Roller ball no longer picks up the mallet, and instead throws out multiple small roller balls that seek out single enemies to distract. If a Mallet is out, the Rollers will try to draw targets into its radius.

Edit: If a roller ball's target dies, it will continue to seek new targets until the duration expires.

Metronome - War song:

Reverses the waves, no longer granting buff to Octavia and her team mates, but inflicts de-buffs to enemies in range.

Vivace slows down enemies.
Nocturne highlights enemies through walls.
Opera reduces enemy accuracy.
Forte reduces enemy damage.

EXPANDING MALLET: For every damage it absorbs, mallet expands up to _meters (affected by range) reverting back to its original range after _secs of last absrobed attack (affected by dur)

HARMONIC RESONATOR: Enemies attracted by resonator gets disarmed and dances (affected by range)

CRIPPLING METRONOME: Enemies are slowed similar to nova's molecular prime while in range of metronome (affected by range and str)

AMP SONATA: Allies inside Amp range now also gives elemental damage depending on energy color (similar to chromatic blade) and healed by damaging enemies while inside amp (affected by range and Str for heal amount)

2 minutes ago, Recel said:

Metronome - War song:

Reverses the waves, no longer granting buff to Octavia and her team mates, but inflicts de-buffs to enemies in range.

Loooove this idea

Healing Note

Mallet Augment

Every Pulse of the Mallet returns (10%*PowerSTR) of the damage dealt to it as HP for allies within it's radius.                                                                                                            Allies and Octavia can now also damage the Mallet for (33%*PowerSTR) of the damage they deal to it. (Not affected by other Mallets, or CC abilities such as World on Fire)

Just now, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Loooove this idea

I find Metronome one of the most fun buffing abilities to use, since you can gain multiple buffs, but you actually have to do something for them, not just switch a skill on, so I thought it would be just as fun to use in reverse.

Posted this over on the Reddit Thread and gonna add it here as well.

Amusia - Metronome Augment  

In addition / instead of buffing allies Amusia brings disharmony to enemies in its range, reducing and disrupting their ability to act.

Vivace => Adagio: Enemies within range find their reactions slowed. % Slow similar to Molecular Prime.*    
Nocturne => Rhapsody: Enemy weak points become more noticeable. % Modifier to damage on weak points.    
Opera => Intermezzo: Even the best symphonies need intermissions. % Reduction to enemy Aura effectiveness.**   
Forte => Diminuendo: Enemies within range find their strength waning. % Decrease to enemy [melee] damage.

*Not necessarily the same % as MP, that was just the quickest way to describe it.   
**Meaning Ancient and Eximus Auras.

Edited by Rylth

Aggravator (Resonator) - Taunts nearby enemies , forcing them into attacking the Resonator. No longer Charms enemies. While holding Mallet, all damage done to Resonator is absorbed into Mallet. Taunted enemies are stunned after leaving the Resonator's range. Resonator movement speed scales based on the number of Bass notes in the current song.

Conductor (Metronome) - Damage dealt by Octavia and her allies' weapons is partially absorbed into Metronome and dealt out to each enemy within 12m every pulse. Enemies killed with crits will explode, dealing 25% of their max health as Blast damage. Enemies killed while affected by status procs will spread all of its status procs to enemies within Metronome's area.

Edited by Xion

19 minutes ago, Recel said:

Metronome - War song:

15 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Loooove this idea

Agreed. It would switch things up a bit, and likely make her more of an aggressive Warframe. It would also give an incentive to use her other "dances" if you will (forte, opera) as I find myself never using those. Being able to Slow enemies, see them through walls, and reduce their accuracy and damage would have me trying to keep them all active. In my opinion, it would give great benefits depending on how well you can time your dances. Learning to be a skilled dancer to debuff enemies sounds very appealing to me. Definitely hope to see this one. :D

Immaculate Tempo - Metronome

Metronome lasts until toggled off, and only consumes energy when an effect activates. Buff durations can be stacked 1/2/3 times.

This augment was designed to strip off several layers of micro-management involving Metronome.

"augment: lullaby"

Enemy inside of Resonator-rollerball range are put to sleep for x seconds.

"augment: Destructonator" you can activate your resonator abilty again to give your Resonator-ball the ability to attract nearby enemies, thus pulling them towards the ball, after a delay the ball explodes for x amount of elemental dmg. 

Edited by laurasweet