Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Sourced: Octavia Augments

[DE]Danielle

3rd Ability (Metronome)

"Metronome is now affected by Amp, it also gives Vivace, Nocturne, Opera, and Forte as enhanced buffs."

[underline = enhancement ; enhancement only given by Amp if specified, otherwise its just given]

Amp: Doubles range and stats like Mallet

Vivace: Move speed / parkour boost

Nocturne: Invisibility, if in amp's radius it will bypass lasers

Opera: multishot / punchthrough while in amp

Forte: Bonus damage / range

Making it have added bonuses while in amp makes the augment more interactive and makes Octavia a rewarding frame to use in situations where you might just resort to cheese (aka vauban or loki) it also enhances the aspect of Octavia where people use her for her stat boosts (kind of like how people only use Ash for his reliable invisibility or Rhino for his damage boost and armor)

Edited by OhWanderer
clarity

Radial Tune

Mallet Strikes now hit 360° around where it is, not just on the same level. Allowing for control of maps with verticality not just flat rooms (line of sight applicable/or even cooler more barriers halves the damage per barrier (like punch-though stats)).

Edited by Hyghenia
removing second augment due to rules being rules :D

Mallet Augment: Bass Drop

After every 4th bar of the mandichord song (so once per song loop), mallet will explode with a burst of sound for X damage in its normal range. If mallet is in range of Octavia's amp, bass drop has a 50% chance to knock down targets in range.

Notes: Knock down chance and bass drop damage scale with power strength. The 50% knockdown chance scales up to 100% chance at 200% power strength (one knock down every 8 seconds isn't too op given mallet's line of sight and elevation conditions). The damage could either be flat or some kind of multiplier on mallet's usual damage. I'm not exactly sure how enemy damage done to mallet gets translated to damage per tick, so I'll leave the damage multiplier on bass drop up for debate.

Amp Augment:

Melodic ShiftAmp's damage multiplier now fluctuates. Additionally, allies gain an ability stat buff depending on which is focused on the most.

• Amp's new damage increase
    • additive + decibel sound multiplier
      • additive bonus fluctuates between -100 and +200 every second
      • for example - (Octavia casts Amp. Decibel sound brings her to +254%. That's multiplicative like it currently is. On the first second, she gets +145 additive bonus, bringing her to 399% multiplicative bonus. The next second she gets -86, bringing her down to a 168% multiplier.)
  • allied ability buff
    • Octavia's allies gain an ability buff based on one of four stats
      • power strength, power range, power duration, and power efficiency
    • base stat increase is an additive 15% (scales w/ power strength)
      • only one will be increased
      • efficiency is not eligible if above 160%, switching it to the next highest stat
        • for example - (Octavia casts Amp within allied range. A nearby Saryn with 170% Duration, 130% Efficiency, 150% Strength, and 85% Range will gain an increase to ability duration. Saryn is now bumped up to 185% Duration.)

Harmony. Metronome augment: When buffed by Opera or Fonte, the weapon becomes super charged like exalted blade. But Opera becomes into a light cannon very similar to the opticor. The beam uncharged is 7 energy and max 16 energy. The blade is 12 energy and a ground smash is 15 energy. They last at 3 sec unranked then 10 seconds max. The weapons stats do not change the damage but the mods do. Channeling mods reduce cost. I hope you receive this request. :cool:

Edited by (XB1)MooingCow482

The enemy within the skill range actively attacks the Mallet instead of having to be in the Mallet's field of vision
But take the initiative to cancel the Resonator! So I can control more flexibly

MOD: Increase the range of Mallet's abilities to attract enemies without harm, and the sound of music can spread far enough to attract hatred from the wider enemy.

I, unfortunately, haven't completed Octavia's quest yet. So like any warframe I don't feel qualified to suggest changes for (because I don't have or use them), I'm going to abstain from suggesting anything at this time. Maybe I can finish the quest and chime in later.

That said, as a DC member, I'm ecstatic to see that the whole community finally gets a chance to suggest augments. It's also great that it's for one of the most popular "new" warframes (besides Harrow).

Thanks for opening this up to the public, DE.

MALLET -For every enemy killed my mallet increase damage multiplier by 0.2x and duration by 2sec of mallet .  This sound a little OP but would be nice augment and

The damage of mallet depends on the energy color just like chroma,

If octavia is inside mallet radius gets a heal for every enemy killed

Edited by Ult1mat3S1n_RaGE

Anima (Resonator Augment):
When combined with Mallet, converts x% of the damage dealt per enemy into health, healing Octavia and any allies within range.
===================================================================================================
Rank stats:
     - UNRANKED: Converts 4% of damage dealt into health
     - RANK 1: Converts 6% of damage dealt into health
     - RANK 2: Converts 8% of damage dealt into health
     - RANK 3: Converts 10% of damage dealt into health

Detailed Functionality:
     - When activated and combined with Octavia's Mallet ability, the Resonator will have the ability to convert a small percentage of damage dealt per enemy unit from the Mallet into health, allowing players to leech health off of their enemies and effectively heal Octavia and her allies as a result. The range of healing would be relative to Octavia's affinity range instead of her ability range, while the Resonator itself would otherwise function as it normally would by having power range influencing the charm radius of the ability for attracting enemies; this effectively makes it so that the Resonator augment can still do its job of healing Octavia and her allies without interfering with the main function of the ability, but it in turn would require players to be within Octavia's affinity range in order to be healed alongside her instead of having to hover around the Resonator.

Special Notes:
     - This was inspired by some of the comments I've seen regarding Octavia not having much use in the way of being a supportive healer, as well as being partially influenced by Trinity's Bless ability (in terms making use of the affinity range instead of ability range). While it wouldn't ordinarily too big of an issue in most cases, some of the main reasons I've seen people say that they don't like playing Octavia as a support frame is because she doesn't have any way of healing herself or the team with her abilities. This augment would essentially remedy this problem by adding a form of Life Strike to the Resonator, but only when combined with the Mallet. Otherwise, the Resonator on its own is just a regular Resonator. This effectively also makes it synergize better with her Mallet than it already did.
     - As mentioned before, this augment was also partially inspired by Trinity's Blessing ability (in terms of how the range of the ability is affected by affinity range instead of ability range). While having it being affected by ability range could possibly work out as well, we all know how much the Resonator loves to roll about, and that might make it a bit difficult for the augment to function effectively. As such, having it so that the Resonator can roll around wherever it wants like it usually does and still heal Octavia would make it effective for healing, and having it also heal allies within Octavia's affinity range would allow her to play a supportive healing roll in the event that a Trinity, Oberon, or Inaros isn't available.
     - In music, one of the meanings for Anima is "life". Considering what this augment is based around, it seems like a fitting name for this type of augment.

Augment Example Preview:
gFyZ8YJ.png

Edited by Neo_Ganryu
Fixed some typos, added spacing to each section, and added further information to the detailed functionality segment. Also included an example preview of the augment.

sorry for my google translater english)

in the zone of action of all 4 abilities,
the enemies forget about everything and begin to dance,
gaining damage that grows in a geometric progression (like a hydroid)
it's hard to do, but fun and effective. the main thing is to add funny dance animations)))

AMP Augment: Marching Band.

Instead of casting AMP and throwing a ball on the ground, this ball will now hover behind Octavia enabling a more mobile buff.

> The ball stays behind Octavia by 5m regardless of terrain.

> The beats(?) that pulse around the AMP will now be fragments of light. (If this was chosen, please don't make it too blinding. I like gold. A lot.)

An augment for instantaneous weapon swaps.

Maybe it can be for Metronome and the mechanic being that a weapon swap done in time of a beat becomes an instant weapon swap and auto fires it too.

Might make for some crazy weapon combo attacks just from weapon swapping to the beat.

edit: Ooops, I meant Metronome.

Edited by Redfeather75

Ravaging Resonator

Resonator transformers into a flying drone that remains close to the player, applying a random metronome affect to all players within a 5/15/25/35 meter radius every 20s while metronome is active.

Notes: buffs won't stack with multiple Octavias. (Eg. Multishot won't stack but the duration will be refreshed).

Multiple buffs can be active at the same time.

Duration of buffs are the same as they would be normally under metronome.

Edited by (PS4)ChronosHavok

I was just thinking about an augment for her, and this idea just popped:

qBwV4lt.png

I would love to see 3 balls just following me. Also, the best part is, the music doesn't multiplies, so only one beat plays on repeat to not annoy players. If an another augment suggestion comes, this augment will have her sister coming in 'Drop The Base' Mallet Augment, but now the Disco Balls is enough.

Edited by Shotikhan

Hamelin Parade : (Resonator Augment)

Instead of creating a Resonator, Octavia will draw a musical path of bass whenever she walk, enemies coming into contact with the path will follow it. 

Tier 0: The path stay for 40% of the Resonator duration

Tier 1: The path stay for 60% of the Resonator duration

Tier 2: The path stay for 80% of the Resonator duration

Tier 3: The path stay for 100% of the Resonator duration.

(Notes: Casting Resonator anew will remove the remaining path. The Mallet can't be picked up by Octavia.)

Metronone augment: Crossed wires: Swaps metronomes mandachord track with mallet's (ie swap percussion with melody) 

This would let mallet pulse damage to the melodic tune while you can use metronome to a much easier beat track, allowing players to use more chaotic melodies while still having the functionality of an easier to use metronome skill. 

Edited by LuckyCharm

14 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • One ability submission per person. We want to give everyone the chance to submit, but also encourage you to really flesh out your Augment idea by focusing on a single ability.  

Although it specifies one ability, I've thought about this on and off for a while and would like to get some ideas out there before the augments are set in stone, so I'll put my favorite idea here and put the others in a spoiler:

• Aural Amp: Amp's maximum damage bonus is reduced by (25/20/15/10)%, but Amp is now an aura rather than a stationary effect. Additionally, any buffs received by a player in Amp's range are shared with all other players within its range.

One common problem I've personally experienced with Octavia's Amp is that its stationary nature makes it hard for her to really have an impact on mission types with a mobile focus, such as Capture, Exterminate, Rescue, and similar modes. Although another poster mentioned a similar concept before, I personally believe that it makes more sense with Octavia's kit (specifically her passive) for her Amp to remain a duration-based power - though obviously the final decision would fall to the dev team. The sharing of buffs, meanwhile, serves two purposes: it both reduces the need for allies to focus on Octavia's beat since her activation of the buffs will apply it to all "amped" allies, and it also aids allies who focus on builds that enhance the strength and duration of powerful buffs at the cost of their range; many Chroma builds come to mind. The reduction in maximum damage bonus serves as a counterbalance to the impressive power this augment could provide, changing it from a damage-boosting field to a mobile buff spreading aura - "amping" the proliferation of buffs, as it were.

Spoiler
  • Disco Resonator: Resonator deals damage of one of the four base elements with a (5/10/10/15)% status chance, with the element based on her energy color. Her Mallet now deals damage of an element based on another of her colors (primary color?). When Resonator picks up Mallet, the damage types are combined.

More of a silly idea than anything else, the main reason that this came to my mind is that Octavia's Mallet and Resonator seem to deal ineffective damage types against most enemies; as best I can tell, both deal Blast damage with a 0% status chance, though my testing was far from comprehensive, so I may have misinterpreted their damage. Either way, the main goal of this augment is to allow Octavia to specialize her abilities' damage for a given faction or situation. One Octavia may build for Toxin/Electric to boost damage against armored targets and apply a small amount of armor stripping, another may choose toxin green for both damage types to completely ignore shields, while yet another might retain the blast damage via Cold/Heat to regularly proc the area of effect knockdown as a form of CC. That being said, the incredibly high potential damage of Mallet makes changing to a more appropriate damage type run the risk of overpoweredness, so some form of negative balance would likely be needed if this augment were seriously considered.

• Momentous Mallet: If an ally takes fatal damage within Mallet's range, it will sacrifice itself to instantly heal them to (20/30/40/50)% health and provide (2/3/4/5) seconds of invulnerability. This effect can only trigger once every 2 minutes per ally.

Functioning largely as a weaker, mostly stationary version of Oberon's Phoenix Renewal, this was one of the two augment ideas that have been floating around in my head for a while, but which I never really focused much on. The main intent with this had been to allow Octavia to trade her Mallet's high potential damage for the quick protection of allies who might have gotten hit with AoE damage aimed at her Mallet. Just like the following augment, this could be interesting if balanced properly, but is posted here mostly just to put the thought in the open for others to more carefully consider and iterate upon.

• Melodic Metronome: Whenever Octavia or one of her allies successfully receives a buff from Metronome, Octavia gains a stack of "Melody", up to a maximum of 20. Each stack of Melody increases Metronome's passive armor boost by (1/1/2/2)% and applies a passive health regeneration of (0.2/0.4/0.6/1)% of maximum health to allies within range.

As mentioned in the Momentous Mallet augment's explanation, this augment idea is also relatively crude at this stage. Many others have suggested similar augments with the intention of giving Octavia a method of healing herself and her allies, and the only noteworthy differences here are the "Melody" mechanic and the boost to passive armor increase. The intent for the former was to make the healing something that would have to be sought out rather than just added as a passive bonus, and the latter was intended to slightly boost Octavia's resistance to being accidentally one-shot by enemies aiming through her invisible form at another target. That being said, neither is particularly well-balanced in my concept (the healing because the amount could be unbalanced as a percentage of max health, and the armor because it's low enough to have negligible impact on Octavia's durability but could be overpowered were it raised higher and applied to a highly armored ally like Valkyr, Chroma, or Inaros). Similar to my Mallet augment concept, this is mostly posted to give others a new idea to work with in their own suggestions.

Resonator augment:

Resonator hops now instead of rolling. Plays random notes with every hop if Metronome is active and can be reactivated if Mallet is active for a vortex, that pulls enemies in and then explodes. (give the vortex a bassdrop sound plz)

Older, way too complicated version:

Spoiler

Resonator augment:

Resonator hops now instead of rolling and can be reactivated. Reactivation costs X energy (maybe 100 energy).

If Metronome is active it plays a random note with every hop and reactivating it gives all Metronome buffs for a short duration.

If Mallet is active every hop inceases it's damage and reactivating it creates a vortex that pulls enemies in for a massive damage explosion.

(DROP THE BASS)

Edited by Pitman