Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wording of Exterminate without being detected Riven

Justiziabelle

Hi,

please consider changing the wording on the Riven which requires you to kill every single enemy on an exterminate mission without being detected.

As it is right now it isn't clear that you have to kill every enemy on the map, instead of just the ones you need to complete the exterminate mission.

The text says "Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected {random modifier}", instead it should state something like

"Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected, killing every enemy on the map {random modifier}".

Or maybe it is a bug and it should actually work like in the decription, then feel free to move this post into the bug report section,

because when I just did the required killing for the extermination mission (without being detected and so on), it didn't count.

Warframe0009.jpg

Edited by SanitysEdge

Gerade eben schrieb _Ruby_Rose_:

Did you have the Hushed Invisibility augment?
That one is very easy if you take your time

I got it, but it doesn't fit into my setup right now. Got to forma the frame further. Anyways, my weapons were hushed/suppressed and it really wasn't that hard, but that's not the point^^.

The thing is I couldn't know that I was required to kill every single enemy on the map. had I known this from the start, I would have finished it on the first try.

You need to complete the mission without being detected. In order to complete the exterminate, you have to kill X enemies and get to extraction, until you get to extraction the mission isn't yet complete, so you need to extract without being detected.

No I wasn't spotted and the riven didn't fail. I checked before finishing the mission.

It only worked when I killed every single enemy on the map, instead of just the required amount for the extermination mission.

Edited by SanitysEdge

Just now, SanitysEdge said:

No I wasn't spotted and the riven didn't fail. I checked before finishing the mission.

Then what seems to be the problem?
The wording is not wrong,
You have to complete an extermination mission. Completing in warframe terms means extracting. Nothing really out of the norm.

Gerade eben schrieb _Ruby_Rose_:

Then what seems to be the problem?
The wording is not wrong,
You have to complete an extermination mission. Completing in warframe terms means extracting. Nothing really out of the norm.

Let me help you understand: I finished the mission (meaning I clear the objective and extracted) without being detected, but I did not kill every enemy on the map. I was solo and the riven did not fail, but it wasn't unlocked. 

Then I did another run (from that run is the screenshot) where I finished the mission (clearing the objective and extracted), without being detected, while also killing every enemy on the map. I was solo and the riven die not fail and it was unlocked afterwards.

In my humble opinion "Completing an extermination mission" means just that, killing x amount of enemies, then extracting. It does not necessarily mean that I also have to kill every enemy. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb SanitysEdge:

In my humble opinion "Completing an extermination mission" means just that, killing x amount of enemies, then extracting. It does not necessarily mean that I also have to kill every enemy. 

That is what it means thou, it eather was bugged before, which sadly happens, or as mentioned you might got detected without you notcing or enemy bugged and counted as detecting you also. Had the challange a few times and extracting was all needed.

16 minutes ago, SanitysEdge said:

I got it, but it doesn't fit into my setup right now. Got to forma the frame further. Anyways, my weapons were hushed/suppressed and it really wasn't that hard, but that's not the point^^.

The thing is I couldn't know that I was required to kill every single enemy on the map. had I known this from the start, I would have finished it on the first try.

Just kill required number and extract, doing more means you are likely to be seen, Ivara is best at this challenge due to prowl.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson:

Its pretty clear at moment " complete exterminate lv 30 or higher" without being detected. 

Does anyone even bother reading what I write. I know, it might not be that easy, since English isn't my first language, but please....

I checked if the riven failed before extracting, it didn't. Then I extracted (for me to do so I obviously had to complete the exterminate objective). The riven did not unlock.

It only unlocked when I tried again while also killing every enemy on the map.

But if it actually worked for some of you without killing every enemy then it seems to be bugged in some way.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson:

Just kill required number and extract, doing more means you are likely to be seen, Ivara is best at this challenge due to prowl.

I already unlocked it, as I even stated in the first post. This riven challenge isn't ...challenging, but that's not the point. The point is either poor wording or that it's bugged.

Edit: Okay, in the first post it was implied. Anyways I think I made it clear in the following post that I finished the riven challenge.

Edited by SanitysEdge

Problem is, your sample size of 1 isn't really indicative that what caused the riven to not unlock is some unknown, additional condition. You can be detected in a variety of ways, and there are no other witnesses to this event you claim. Chances are, you were just detected on the first run.

Gerade eben schrieb direcyphre:

Problem is, your sample size of 1 isn't really indicative that what caused the riven to not unlock is some unknown, additional condition. You can be detected in a variety of ways, and there are no other witnesses to this event you claim. Chances are, you were just detected on the first run.

Before running into the extraction zone I hit Escape, then exited the menu to check the riven status and it was fine. I did this because I read before that other people had problems with this riven. One of those also had to kill every enemy for the riven to unlock. That is why I tried it the same way, after it first failed to unlock.

Nah, I think it's just a bug. I got this challenge before and, as soon as completed the objective, I just rushed to extraction, ignoring every other enemy that was alive (even knocking some of them down with bullet jump). The riven was unveiled all right.

9 hours ago, SanitysEdge said:

Hi,

please consider changing the wording on the Riven which requires you to kill every single enemy on an exterminate mission without being detected.

As it is right now it isn't clear that you have to kill every enemy on the map, instead of just the ones you need to complete the exterminate mission.

The text says "Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected {random modifier}", instead it should state something like

"Complete an extermination mission with level 30 or higher enemies without being detected, killing every enemy on the map {random modifier}".

Or maybe it is a bug and it should actually work like in the decription, then feel free to move this post into the bug report section,

because when I just did the required killing for the extermination mission (without being detected and so on), it didn't count.

Warframe0009.jpg

I had the same one man, twice. First one played out normal. Left afternoon you completing the mission OBJECTIVE. And unlocked the riven. The second riven, I had to kill EVERYONE in the game. It seems to bug out to the original exterminate mission, where it would have you kill all the enemies that spawned in the tile set. You aren't going crazy man.

• 1 month later...

Just posting in case anyone else googles and finds this thread for info:

I did this today 2018-04-17 (my extra condition was ALONE), simply wrecked everything with stealth (octavia) + melee without caring about being detected or not, to see if it would work.

At one point a grineer even saw a corpse, ran and set off the alarm, the lotus said her usual "they set off the alarms, you have been detected!" and it still worked and completed  the riven for me. (had my kavat out as well).

• 1 month later...

It just did happen to me as well. Everything was fine except that this challenge is a complete waste of fun and time. I killed my 120 and something enemies and went for extract.

Riven objective was fine and nothing happened. Just a complete waste of time, try again and figure out what's wrong with this this thing...Seriously.

Games are meant to be fun, this is bugged or just badly written or worse, badly designed, but they should remove this Riven entirely.

Edited by 000l000