Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New arcane system why bother other than energize

Water-Sheep

Since the new system allows you to be flexible with arcanes whats to say people wont run double energize sets on every frame.  Where before if you got two sets it wad only for one warframe.  Now you can have it on as many warframes as you want.  Why bother getting any other arcane than energize.  I feel like energize will spike in popularity and a nerf might come.  Please DE dont nerf energize its something i want to work towards.

-Sincerely WarframeIsP2W

No, before you could put it on as many warframes as you wanted, it was just mildly annoying to switch them.

It used to be a lot more than just mildly annoying, but distillers got switched to unlimited use ages ago, and then got removed entirely some time after that. You could just remove them freely.

Edited by OvisCaedo

I don't know, Arcane Victory and Arcane Tempo interest me a bit. And if I can afford it, maybe I'll go buy Arcane Barrier and/or Arcane Acceleration (after the price drop a little). People also praise Arcane Grace, so there's that.

My energy needs are mostly covered by Zenurik, so...

There's still some option, though I won't say no to some other Arcanes getting buffed.

Edited by Gamma745

Arcane Guardian provides 600 flat armor at max rank. That turns any squishy caster frame into a tank. Also, Arcane Grace is amazing if you don't have any form of sustain from yourself or your team. With both arcanes I mentioned, the EHP of your frame is much greater than it was before.

Besides, if you run zenurik for the energy bubble dash, you don't need Arcane Energize unless you run perma-invincible Valkyr.

Edited by Pizzarugi

what are these arcanes! I still don't have any and quite frankly not bothered if I get one or not. This is still a PVE game so why does it matter if someone likes a particular arcane and how they want, it does not hurt you in any way.

13 minutes ago, WarframeIsP2W said:

Since the new system allows you to be flexible with arcanes whats to say people wont run double energize sets on every frame.  Where before if you got two sets it wad only for one warframe.  Now you can have it on as many warframes as you want.  Why bother getting any other arcane than energize.  I feel like energize will spike in popularity and a nerf might come.  Please DE dont nerf energize its something i want to work towards.

-Sincerely WarframeIsP2W

That won't happen as many of us who have Energize, know that 1 set is more than enough and this leaves us 1 slot to play around with.

Never forget that Wukong does not need Energize, Grace is a real... helping Grace. Avenger is nice, Fury is great, but Energize is not worth bothering with on Wukong.

Nekros wouldn't benefit from Energize, in fact, I use 2 Pulse on him. Switching 1 out for Guardian is so nice at times.

8 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

My energy needs are mostly covered by Zenurik, so...

There's still some option, though I won't say no to some other Arcanes getting buffed.

It is better than Zenurik when it activates, and Zenurik will never be able to cover toggle skills. My Excalibur uses Energize, and Fury.

Fury got buffed, and man is it good to be able to use Fury on more than just my Excalibur. 

Wait until you get a recently changed Guardian, you'll love it on Oberon, and so many more.

Tempo is really good too.

Another thing to the original poster: Trinity doesn't benefit from it either so why bother using Energize there either? It only works on orb pickup.

You'd be limiting yourself. Maximum Energy is all well and good, but what can you do with it? Lots of things, and barely anything at times too. Don't fear that everyone will try this, and nothing else. It won't work against Eidolons for another example why it isn't so godly.

11 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

It is better than Zenurik when it activates, and Zenurik will never be able to cover toggle skills. My Excalibur uses Energize, and Fury.

It might be so, but like I said, Zenurik is already enough for me, so Energize is kinda redundant. People are free to enjoy it, just maybe not me when other Arcanes could provide more fun for me.

11 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Fury got buffed, and man is it good to be able to use Fury on more than just my Excalibur. 

Wait until you get a recently changed Guardian, you'll love it on Oberon, and so many more.

The idea is good, but since I'm the kind of person who prefer to avoid getting shot in the first place, I think Guardian is moot. Putting it in Oberon does sound tempting, though.

Fury does sound fun. Maybe if I can actually get it.

Not even sure why arcane energize is highly praised. There are plenty of other ways to get energy and all warframes can use it.

Damage reduction however is very rare, not all warframes have them and gear or focus won't help much. With Arcane guardian if you can stack it, you can get 1200 armor or 80% damage reduction to warframe with almost no armor at all. Even at 600, it's still give 65% damage reduction

Frankly, I don't understand all that hype for Energize... It's not that great when you have Zenurik, Energy Pizza... and power efficiency is a thing you know !

Everytime I loot an Energise, I am like "Oh, great, plats !"

Guardian on the other hand, is probably the one I have on almost every frame.

20% chance on damaged for a 20s massive armor buff ? I mean, c'mon... Even the squishier frames can benefit from a perma-Valkyr-like armor  !

Edited by Galehann

13 minutes ago, Galehann said:

Frankly, I don't understand all that hype for Energize... It's not that great when you have Zenurik, Energy Pizza... and power efficiency is a thing you know !

Everytime I loot an Energise, I am like "Oh, great, plats !"

Guardian on the other hand, is probably the one I have on almost every frame.

20% chance on damaged for a 20s massive armor buff ? I mean, c'mon... Even the squishier frames can benefit from a perma-Valkyr-like armor  !

Energize allows some of the more ridiculous builds to be viable. Like my pure STR/RNG demoman Vauban, for example. He just craps energy and bombs everywhere, and without Energize, he'd be toast. This is a more comedic example, but the principle applies; much like Guardian allows a caster to be a tank, Energize opens other build possibilities and extremes, so it will be popular and expensive by default.

I use plenty of arcanes apart from energize.  It's not the end all be all of arcanes when plenty of frames don't have energy problems, and don't require sky high ability strength.

Yeah "everyone" who just has 4k+ plat and 20M credits just lying around will jump on the energize bandwagon amirite?

A double set is a waste, i keep 1 R3 energize slotted in most of the time because i've gotten used to it at this point but the new system opens up sooooo many posibilities. Tempo is nice of eidolons, Grace , Guardian and Rage is nice on so many frames now (to the point i'm thinking of running with a Shields Dragon Key...), Agility is awsome for speedruns, Mesa can the pistol arcanes, Fury is nice all around... Inaros Can run trickery + Ultimatum because pocket sand... Hell , calling it now SOMEONE is going to use Arcane ARACHNE to wall latch onto boulders / cliff during eidolons hunt.

Most of the alternatives aren't great unless you like the tank playstyle (Guardian, Ultimatum) or secondaries (Awakening), the rest has a garbage RNG or some bs trigger but Energize isn't needed either since Zenurik is a thing and doesn't rely on orb RNG.

Most arcanes are borderline useless and/or niche to the point they are barely even worth installing including Energize, all they add is inconsistency.

But they are good for selling for plats, i guess.

The only time I've ever used two Energize sets was to keep a Perma Hysteria Valkyr after her nerf and yes it works. Least the 3h non-Invis MOT I bothered with. Otherwise you'll most often need a Defensive Arcane + Energize since most frame's survival comes into question before their damage output. This is coming from an endurance perspective however though I honestly don't even see a point in Arcanes for content under lvl 100.

There are of course frames which don't require Energize like Nekros or Trinity both of which get HUGE eHP with double Guardian sets and can actually afford to use something like Rage or Avenger. There's also frames like Mag, Excal and Rhino who have valuable Arcane helms worth using over a 2nd energize set. So yea. Energize isn't always the best option though it's certainly the more generalized good option.

...and yea I'm sure an Energize nerf will happen unfortunately. The only thing saving it was a 4k price tag. Glad I sold the 2nd set.

Edited by Xzorn

Rather depends on the frame. 

IE i would never use Energise on positive energy cycle frames (Nekros, Trinity, Nidus, Inaros, Oberon). There are much more useful arcanes for them. 

Also as Xzorn said staying alive comes first, you won't need the energy if the enemy one-hit KO you. 

And most DR based frames (trinity, mesa, gara, nidus, nova) got a huge EHP boost with the new Guardian, not using it would be suicidal. 

Pretty much the only two frames i would run a double Energise on are Frost and Mag, and only on two very specific builds, just because it will free up some mod space and allow me to get more range/duration etc. 

Energize is pretty useless on any frame that can rely on rage to generate energy. Inaros, Nidus etc just don't benefit much when it will probably overfill the pool anyway.

Ultimatum is pretty much custom made for frames that can force finishers, although dagger + stinging thorn is a thing. It's nice to have on Inaros instead of Energize.

Also don't forget Grace and Guardian, yeah.