Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New arcane system why bother other than energize

Water-Sheep

6 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Energize is pretty useless on any frame that can rely on rage to generate energy. Inaros, Nidus etc just don't benefit much when it will probably overfill the pool anyway.

Ultimatum is pretty much custom made for frames that can force finishers, although dagger + stinging thorn is a thing. It's nice to have on Inaros instead of Energize.

Also don't forget Grace and Guardian, yeah.

This is simply not true at higher levels. Once you get over certain levels depending on the frame, Rage will not work as that damage you are taking will simply kill you.

The reason energize is not needed on inaros is because he can survive perfectly fine without needed to use any abilities and therefore doesn't even need energy. With a health pool of over 6000, two sets of arcane grace make him an obscene tank.  Or a single set + almost any other arcane depending on the task at hand.

Nidus can work somewhat similarly but is nowhere near the tank if you are relying on rage. 

5 hours ago, WarframeIsP2W said:

Why bother getting any other arcane than energize

Because depending on what frame you are running or what task you are doing, others are better suited.  I have 4 sets of energize but there is only two builds I have that I run two sets at a time.  I just have multiple sets because fashion frame, and sometimes I'd rather have it on a helmet and don't want to bother switching them around between missions and console doesn't have the new slot system yet.   If I could have only one set of only one arcane, I'd pick energize every time... but I find use for  Grace, Trickery, Barrier, Guardian, Aegis and have found niche uses for Momentum, Fury, Tempo, Pulse, Arachne, Avenger (Avenger is the only Arcane I don't have multiple sets of - in fact I only have 5 after doing the Trials every #$%@ day)

I like to use a full set of Nullifier and Momentum on my frame, esp for Ediolons. Magnetic will rarely, if ever proc, even landing in water at night will rarely proc with Nullifier on, its very handy. My rubico is my Ediolon killing gun, its main downside is the reload speed. Rather than a slot for primed fast hands, i use Momentum, which as a full set grants 40% chance for 100% reload speed on crit hit. My rubico crits every shot, so this procs all the time. There's more to arcanes then just Energize, of which i only have one anyway, so for me, its meh, frankly.

• 3 weeks later...

oh u guys with ur "X is useless on Y". none of the arcanes are solely for "LF 3x4 TriDoLoN CaPS ExP GrOuP WitH 1000 CApS aNd A CeRtIfIed dEgreE In TriDolOn Caps". Some arcanes can potentially boost ur frame's performance to a stupid level (i'm looking at u valk) and some of the others are simply for quality of life , simple as that. I have it , u don't , or , u have it , i don't , that's basically it ya. And btw those who kept saying zenurik zenurik zenurik , zenurik doesn't do squat on channeling ablities (maim/WOF/EB etc etc). If u don't use it or don't have a need for energize , good for u , but that is YOU , not everyone is using the same frame or build as u are. I think the topic on arcane is pretty much like religion? U have urs , I have mine , ultimately , keep it to urself and enjoy what u enjoy :thumbsup:

On 3/2/2018 at 10:15 AM, WarframeIsP2W said:

Since the new system allows you to be flexible with arcanes whats to say people wont run double energize sets on every frame.  Where before if you got two sets it wad only for one warframe.  Now you can have it on as many warframes as you want.  Why bother getting any other arcane than energize.  I feel like energize will spike in popularity and a nerf might come.  Please DE dont nerf energize its something i want to work towards.

-Sincerely WarframeIsP2W

I don't understand what is bothering you and why you are asking for the nerf?

Is it because maybe you wanna buy some and you wanna lower the price?

What impact does it have on your play style when someone has arcane energize?

Or players are now used to shout "NERF" whenever they feel they can't have it?

Jesus man, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I'm forgetting a few others I like, but Nullifier, Momentum, Strike, Guardian, and Ultimatum are all more interesting than Energize IMO. I don't even know why people want it so bad. I'm glad tho, because they sell really quickly and always for a good price, but I think I might start keeping them now. I just want to understand what all the fuss is about. 

As nice as energize is, it's not useful on a number of frames and builds.  2x is overkill on most builds.  There's a lot of fun to be had with arcanes like avenger, fury, grace, guardian, aegis, etc.

I'd like to use arcanes but the market for any of the usable ones is absolutely insane. I'd rather not pay 750+ for a common arcane set like guardian, while the only ones that ever drop for me are arcane warmth and arachne. RNG locked me out of arcanes hard and I don't have the plat for any good ones so I guess I'll never be able to use them