The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha. Wtf

(PSN)ArsArcanumPS

Meh, I have taken Nezha into extended survivals and out-damaged Embers (before nerf) with Firewalker (and its augment) alone. This ability is honestly the best in his kit when you learn how to use it.

But yeah, Blazin Chakram could use some tweaks. Probably make it affected by melee mods and some QoL changes to make it feel better to use.

to be honest, I use him quite often and I really like him. maybe there are some things that need to change but there are no big changes needed. I really dislike the long animations, they nearly force me to use Natural Talent and Speed Drift - so two mods are already set.  I totally rely on Warding Halo (only using Power Strength, Armored Agility and Steel Fiber), but nowadays it seems bugged somehow - like bleeding out with an active 14% warding halo... The second animation of the spears is unnecessary, but all in all it's a great frame that I really enjoy to play.

I also would like to make blazing charm work a little different, but maybe because I play with a controller and somehow it's really hard to control the teleportation. maybe staying at the maximum of range for 2 seconds, or staying at an enemy when it gets hit so you can teleport to them.

The Ideas I had for him:

1. Fire Walker : This skill is pretty good as it is. CC, cleanses status, and has potential to deal damage with its augment. The only issue I have is that the width is too skinny and the energy cost is too high.

Request: As well as the reduced drain, have fire width and sprint speed scale with range and strength respectively ( Sometimes when I run around or through enemies to cc with fire walker I sometimes miss an enemy due to how skinny fire walker's radius is. I'd like to see if be affected by range and unfurl..more like a wave of fire behind him, or at least in a cone.)

2. Blazing Chakram: This is where most of Nezha's issues lie. Blazing Chakram can inflict a heat proc, knock down an enemy, heal nearby allies if enemies hit are killed, and Nezha can teleport to his Chakram while it's mid-flight, causing a fire explosion if Firewalker is active. Sadly, almost every part of this has issues.

• The heat proc/Knockdown is okay CC, but a lot of times the Chakram just becomes impossible to aim. It seems to just bounce off enemies without doing anything at times, and other times an ally being a little too close will cause it to bounce off of them and go anywhere else. 
  • If Nezha does manage to hit an enemy, allies have to be within (a small) range of the enemy to receive the heal
  • When Nezha hits an enemy with Chakram, they often ragdoll a bit, often moving out of range for a heal
  • There's no indicator of what enemies are hit by Blazing Chakram other than the heat proc, but when Firewalker is a thing is becomes hard to tell.
  • Pretty much nobody enjoys Firewalker being turned off when teleporting. It then costs more energy to turn Firewalker back on
  • The Teleport explosion doesn't really do much other than a heat proc. The damage is pitiful.

Request: Give Blazing Chakram the "bladestorm treatment". Allow us to mark enemies then the Blazing Chakram will auto target the enemies we mark. If we choose not to target enemies we can still use it to teleport. Also make the teleport a bit more smooth, and make this ability scale with range. Hold 2 to mark enemies and release to launch it. This will allow for fun, cc, and mass healing once allies kill the targets.

3. Warding Halo: Another good skill. While not as strong as Iron Skin, it has some CC and can be put on allies with the augment. It'd be nice if there were a way to restore it's health though. Rhino is already tankier than Nezha, but he also has a way to restore his Iron Skin. Nezha has to wait for his Halo to run out (if running out of bounds is not an option), then use a decently long cast time to regain Warding Halo. This makes Nezha much more vulnerable, and in higher levels he gets shredded easily. 

Request: make it bigger , scale with range mods,change it from an iron skin effect to a self centered area of effect damage mitigater that works on self and allies in the radius while scaling up to 95% with some strength mods. This would give him a good bit of survivability because his health and shields are already low. This will also serve to make him a better supportive player with his wading halo augment.

Why change that ability so much? Well rhino's iron skin is way better then Nezha's warding halo. Iron skin works really well with its near instant 0.5 cast time.  The augment allowing for mid skin recasts and aoe stun are good. Iron skin also scales with armor so, Health conversion, steel fiber and Rhino charge augment get you some nice 100,000-300,000 skins. Warding halo is ..ehm a bit broken. It's like a broken version of the same skill, with 1.5 seconds cast time means it can't be used in combat to take advantage of the scaling as death is almost always the outcome in high leveled content.

4. Divine Spears: Pretty good CC, even if the casting time is a bit long. However, that ending animation...either remove it or make it a 1-handed action. Too many times has it been a nuisance. It stops the player from firing their weapons and reloading, which can leave them a sitting duck and force them to restart their reload timer. Also I find it hard to keep up the cc when another enemy enters the vicinity.

Request: scrap the second animation (where he drops enemies to the ground or the ability ends) and instead of keeping that we can make it to where casting it again picks up new enemies that are in the area, similar to Equinox's sleep.

1 hour ago, Nacond said:

to be honest, I use him quite often and I really like him. maybe there are some things that need to change but there are no big changes needed. I really dislike the long animations, they nearly force me to use Natural Talent and Speed Drift - so two mods are already set.  I totally rely on Warding Halo (only using Power Strength, Armored Agility and Steel Fiber), but nowadays it seems bugged somehow - like bleeding out with an active 14% warding halo... The second animation of the spears is unnecessary, but all in all it's a great frame that I really enjoy to play.

I also would like to make blazing charm work a little different, but maybe because I play with a controller and somehow it's really hard to control the teleportation. maybe staying at the maximum of range for 2 seconds, or staying at an enemy when it gets hit so you can teleport to them.

He may be a funny frame but even warding Halo isn't that good..rhino's iron skin is way better then Nezha's warding halo. Iron skin works really well with its near instant 0.5 cast time.  The augment allowing for mid skin recasts and aoe stun are good. Iron skin also scales with armor so, Health conversion, steel fiber and Rhino charge augment get you some nice 100,000-300,000 skins. Warding halo is ..ehm a bit broken. It's like a broken version of the same skill, with 1.5 seconds cast time means it can't be used in combat to take advantage of the scaling as death is almost always the outcome in high leveled content.

I use him sometimes with Ignis and duration + strength build with its augment.
I've out-damaged most of the dps warframes with this, just cover as much area as possible with ur fire walker and use ignis to quickly kill those who's dying slowly or a bit far from you.

44 minutes ago, Nacond said:

but Warding Halo is really good for Infested - because no-one next to one can hit you ;)

But that's just one faction. Use nezha is MOT for an endurance run and warding halo breaks in two or three hits. I literally like nezha and wanna make him stronger so I'd say buff halo. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)ArsArcanumPS said:

He needs a buff, or rework, or both. Nobody uses him, and all the youtube "builds" are just bullS#&$ speed builds...

Firewalker - S#&$

Blazing Chakram - S#&$

Warding Halo - AKA Iron Skin

Divine Spears - meh

"So, someone was trying to argue that Nezha doesn't need a buff/I am bad at Warframe.

unknown.png

To give some context, I pointed out how Ember is still severely broken even "post-nerf" and they said that me playing Nezha (whilst trying to protect this same person with Warding Halo) was funny and that I am pretty much bad.

They point out a lot of things that I already know, probably to try and make themselves look smarter.

They tell me what mods to use, as if I have them and make it seem like the mods that I have are weak. They also said that I need better efficiency, which, while it is true, Nezha's Warding Halo consumes too much energy anyways. I shouldn't NEED to use Fleeting Expertise to make Nezha's Halo cost less.

Then to finish everything off, they claim that I am just complaining about other frames being broken and not trying to "find a way to solve it".

See, when most people try to say that Nezha doesn't need a buff, they make it a skill thing. "youre just bad, git gud" "your mods are bad"

You get the point. The thing is, however, when I use the best possible mods I can, my damage absorption is around 5-6k. Not very much for protecting other people with, by the way.

When I am swooping, diving, and shooting through the playing field, even if I am killing enemies at a very efficient rate, I will most likely be dead in 5 minutes.

Warframe isn't really a skill based game, it's all about "what's the most broken frame can I get?" So with that being said, Nezha is NOT BROKEN AT ALL. He's probably one of the squishiest frames without his Halo and even with his Halo he can be killed pretty quickly. This just means that Nezha needs a buff, but just ignore all of that, "I am complaining instead of looking for a way to solve it".

This person also started ignoring me, by the way. It's just ignoring the truth, and that makes you ignorant.

Thanks for listening to my little rant there."

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

"I have been killed in one shot multiple times, each time from a single enemy, when I was less than 30 minutes into MOT and I had 10% halo, 170-200% power strength, vitality, and steel fiber. I didn't even have a chance to move as I was dead. This was in a firewalker heavy build so it's I'll admit Iwasnt spamming spears for cc I was using firewalker which is obviously less consistent. The problem with that isn't that we can be killed through our halo at those low levels. The problem is that in order to refresh the halo we have to purposefully put ourselves in danger. We need to get shot. If we do get shot we are likely to be killed rather than just have the halo popped. This could be fixed with a simple shield gating mechanic, but as of now there is none. Nezha's inability to survive at high levels has been a topic of many of the bog warframe youtubers. It's well known. Life of rio even made an entire video about it where he joked that the only end game Nezha is good for is sliding down hills in the plains. All we who are pushing for halo to be able to be dismissed want is a chance for Nezha to function at high levels just as well as frames like rhino and Loki can. "

What pisses me off is that I state facts or another player states facts that try to make a frame better and then there is that one player who doesnt do endurance saying he's fine just because he's "fun" and a good concept shutting us down. I want to see him be tweaked because I love his concept in a way that I want him to be better. I'm not like the 3% saying "KEEP HIM AS HE IS" because they're scared of change.

Edited by Trickst3rGawd

I like the idea of nehza.. his abilities are good.. The frame is weak tho..

My biggest thing is how he slides, but its necessary for his firewalker..

And im quicker to choose another frame with fast killing abilities

I would have expected the 2nd ability to seek and transition between enemies doing fire damage and pressing 2nd ability again would teleport

Edited by Grimmstyler

23 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

I like the idea of nehza.. his abilities are good.. The frame is weak tho..

My biggest thing is how he slides, but its necessary for his firewalker..

And im quicker to choose another frame with fast killing abilities

I would have expected the 2nd ability to seek and transition between enemies doing fire damage and pressing 2nd ability again would teleport

Well said bro. I want to see him get a buff to go along with his upcoming deluxe skin.

Changes i would like to see:

Buff Health

Buff Shields

Make the slide effect only on Firewalker ability cast (because i always slide off map on unactivated ability)

Firewalker - Stays the same.. But add within a 1-2m distance of fire on ground, from ability, fire grows up to a 5m radius on that spot.. which allows a ring of fire for attacking melee

Blazing Chakram - Same.. But have it seek enemies and transition between enemies with the teleport option.. Hold 2nd ability to cast Chakram straight ahead for that type of teleport style

Divine spears - Same.. But pierced enemies ignite (enemies dont get slammed on animation.. Spear explodes causing blast damage)

Edited by Grimmstyler