Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.14.2

[DE]Megan

We really need an "Breakup Arcane" button.

Reason 1: You can't rank an Arcane using a ranked Arcane, only unranked.

If DE would allow to rank Arcanes with ranked Arcanes, doing so with two rank 2 would "overrank" the target Arcane, effectively wasting 2 Arcanes.

(6+6=12, where Rank 3 needs only 10; you can rank two Rank 1 into Rank 2 (3+3) but any other case is impossible, unless the source Arcanes get split up internally, added and everything after 10 gets put back into Inventory as single unranked. Which opens some method to unrank ranked ones anyway.

So unranking it would be pretty neat - as they was before the new system took effect.

Reason 2: Arcanes are now somewhat treated as Mods, which in fact are not but are (*). We could rank them, unrank them at will with the former system.

*= Technically, Arcanes behave similar to Mods f.e. "Laser Sight". They have a condition and when it is met, it will execute the following bonus.

Which actually begs the question: Why is "Laser Sight" a Mod, and not an Arcane? Can't we have Arcane Slots for our Weapons,too?

Or the other way around... Why not turn Arcanes into Mods and give us 2 Arcane Mod slots, where only such Mods fit in, see: Exilus

But that would mean giving room to more normal Mods, which DE doesn't want us to do. But did anyway by giving us powerful Arcanes.

I am confused.

So, please DE, give us an "Extract Arcane" Button to unrank them.

Another glitch that I often see much like the one where the Dargyn fluttering back and forth through the shield wall in Open Roam.  This:

OEVQdK0.jpg

There is no way the fish should or can swim through the rocks in the ocean facing Cetus' Orokin Tower, closest to the shield wall.  And yet can without a second thought.  This doesn't seem to be happening in the pond where the geyser is, as fish seem to stop at the rock face (mostly) and then turn around 

And another on the Earth Tile Set...  Cambria/Spy Mission.  The console down the pipe seems to be unraveling...  At the bottom of the pit upon exit from the pipe, I see sky...  Quite a bit of it too.  

YhxNpcI.jpg

DE: Please stack multiples of the same arcane under the same arcane with a +xxx indicator, until the arcane is maxed. At that point, move the others into a new slot. This would completely prevent accidents. Also... please change the contrast of a selected arcane. Right now it is difficult to see which arcane you are viewing information on.

19 hours ago, Lahared said:

What are you even talking about? I've spent the last half hour trying to interpret what you've typed, and there's no results. I've not heard of the phrase "Nerd Dominance BS". I believe it's called their opinion, which they are entitled to, just like you and me.

Not entirely sure what your problem is here, or even what you're even trying to say.

This is what I'm talking about: if they feel like you imagine they feel, then they would have said that. Instead, they post about screwing over the "whinners" who would like to unstack the Arcanes that are now stuck in stacks of 2 or whatever. I just can't figure out why you're white-knighting for posters who clearly just want to take shots at people inconvenienced by the UI problem. 

Responsibility for the irrevocable one-step upgrade problem lies at the hands of Digital Extremes, who changed longstanding functionality and the UI at the same time without crystal clear explanation of the new limitations or a "this cannot be undone" warning. That's the UI designers problem, not the players. 

9 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

This is what I'm talking about: if they feel like you imagine they feel, then they would have said that. Instead, they post about screwing over the "whinners" who would like to unstack the Arcanes that are now stuck in stacks of 2 or whatever. I just can't figure out why you're white-knighting for posters who clearly don't feel the way you do. 

Responsibility for the irrevocable one-step upgrade problem lies at the hands of Digital Extremes, who changed longstanding functionality and the UI at the same time without crystal clear explanation of the new limitations or a "this cannot be undone" warning. That's the UI designers problem, not the players. 

It sounds like the problem originates on the user's end when they CHOOSE to interact with a system they don't understand. Additionally, you don't need to understand quantum physics to interpret how people are thinking, guess you took that literally. yikes.

Not sure what you gain from labeling what you think I'm doing, but whatever floats your boat, dude.

It just sounds like you need a reason to bash the developers. As was already stated on the pages before, the system works exactly the same. The tears started to flow when they made decisions irreversible when upgrading arcanes. It's either you value what you have or you don't. Not all of us here have trouble understanding simple concepts.

Are the developers truly to blame for the impulsiveness and ignorance that the player has? I don't think so. Why do you? Why have people lost the sense to take responsibility for their actions?

We can truthfully keep debating here all day and it will be pointless due to the fact that, it will be up to Digital Extremes' to make the act of one way or the other.

Have fun.

1 hour ago, Lahared said:

So what you're saying is, it's still your own fault. I thought you had me ignored too. You must've run out of people to argue with to come back to me.

There's a reason for that. It doesn't speak very well for your position, but there is a reason for that. Maybe you should ask yourself why no one else feels the need to argue with him.

Hint: You're in the wrong.

9 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

There's a reason for that. It doesn't speak very well for your position, but there is a reason for that. Maybe you should ask yourself why no one else feels the need to argue with him.

Hint: You're in the wrong.

I don't think what you've provided here is a rational response and is in any shape or form necessary to contribute on a matter that already passed. We're talking about arcanes, not how you want to nitpick what I typed.

Just now, Lahared said:

I don't think what you've provided here is a rational response and is in any shape or form necessary to contribute on matter that already passed. We're talking about arcanes, not how you want to nitpick what I typed.

I don't hold your view of my rationality with any weight. If anything, seeing as you and the others arguing in favor of bad design are actually the ones being irrational, I take this as a compliment as it means I don't suffer from whatever bad line of logic you do.

2 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

I don't hold your view of my rationality with any weight. If anything, seeing as you and the others arguing in favor of bad design are actually the ones being irrational, I take this as a compliment as it means I don't suffer from whatever bad line of logic you do.

You just proved my point. Thanks for playing.

24 minutes ago, Lahared said:

You just proved my point. Thanks for playing.

You have no point. You have, at no time leading up until now, had a point. That's entirely the problem. In fact, my first temptation was to just quote you and link the Billy Madison rant.

You are sitting here arguing in favor of bad design, openly, without a hint of irony, and can't even muster up a convincing convoluted line of logic to justify it. You're so plainly and openly operating from a place of ego that questioning anyone else's rationality is... Frankly pretty ironic.

38 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

You have no point. You have, at no time leading up until now, had a point. That's entirely the problem. In fact, my first temptation was to just quote you and link the Billy Madison rant.

You are sitting here arguing in favor of bad design, openly, without a hint of irony, and can't even muster up a convincing convoluted line of logic to justify it. You're so plainly and openly operating from a place of ego that questioning anyone else's rationality is... Frankly pretty ironic.

You're doing it again. I don't see why though. Why are you still going?

work someone GIF

2 minutes ago, Lahared said:

You're doing it again. I don't see why though. Why are you still going?

I could ask you the very same thing and it would be far, far more appropriate. Again, you're dripping with irony. You need a dose of self reflection.

34 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

I could ask you the very same thing and it would be far, far more appropriate. Again, you're dripping with irony. You need a dose of self reflection.

You're just looking for an argument regarding your delusions of other people that I've no interest in partaking in. You're welcome to think whatever you want, thankfully I am not obligated to care. An opinion is a viewpoint someone is inherently allowed to have. I don't think I will agree that my opinion is or was wrong.  Nor will I agree that arcane fusion is badly designed.

I will agree that people need to use their eyes more often and stop blaming others for their mistakes.

good bye GIF by Cheezburger

Blessed be for the ignore feature on this website and in game.

12 minutes ago, Lahared said:

You're just looking for an argument that I've no interest in partaking in. You're welcome to think whatever you want, thankfully I am not obligated to care. Goodbye.

An argument you have no interest in partaking in? You mean the argument you've been engaged in for several pages now? So you either agree you were wrong, or are willing to at least submit to the idea that Arcane fusion is currently badly designed, and thus should be changed to allow separation?

Good, it seems there is some hope of you learning. Goodbye, and thanks for playing.

zbsqd.gif

Archived