Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception Waypoints QoL

Kimimoto

Currently in Interception the only ways to know a point is being captured is by being close enough to hear it/see it, or seeing the small letter for the corresponding point flashing by the mini-map. There are a few problems with the feedback were getting when points are being capped.

The first is we're usually not close enough to hear/see when a point is being captured, most Interception maps are quite large. E.g. Bere, Mithra, Xini

The second is the letters corresponding to each point next to the mini-map are small, and it's hard to see the dark blue color of a letter flashing. It's way too out of the way and even then it's too hard to tell if something is being capped at a glance.

A nice QoL for interception would be to have waypoints on each of the points. It would show which point it is, who currently controls it based on the color, and it would flash just like the letter next to the mini-map if it's being capped. Some of you may be surprised to hear that such waypoints are already in the game for interception, but are hidden in a game mode a lot of people don't play. Can normal Interception please get the same waypoints that Archwing Interception has? It would make playing Interception much less about trying to figure out what points are being capped and much more about playing the game, It would be a great QoL for a great game mode.

7495A8F1B684A7721212185D8A250673A113DE4E

Edited by Kimimoto

8 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

I don't understand, they do have a minimal UI.

Yes, but only 1/10th of the time for me. The other 9 times I got my crosshair, a greyed-out rectangle where the map is supposed to be snd that's it.

I never had issues with the UI not showing.

And I fully agree with the op, the blinking icon next to the minimap is almost worthless as an indicator, it requires you to stare at it for a couple of seconds to realize it's actually blinking and once you do, it is usually already too late to prevent the capture. Which is why I nowadays usually bring one of two frames to an interception, Vauban to prevent any mob from capping by folding them into a neat little ball or Banshee to prevent them from capping by killing them all before they have a chance.