Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania: Broken, Unplayable, Unusable and Ignored

Konachibi

I love Titania, I actually love her passive (bullet jumping) and I love Razorwing but the rest of her kit is kinda meh and she has a lot of additional strangeness that really needs to be resolved. I disagree with the notion that she is unplayable (outside of the open world issues) because she is really good once you have her kitted out. The problem is none of her powers really jive and she is subject to a bunch of mechanical limitations that I can only describe as odd. Which does really make her clunky at times. 

Personally I would love to see her 1 & 3 combined into a single charged skill as they just feel redundant to me. EG you press one and it casts her normal 1 and you hold down 1 for a half second or so and it will cast the equivalent of her 3. I do agree that her 3 could be significantly less floaty. 

I would honestly completely ditch her 2.The Debuff from Tribute just honestly isn't worth it except maybe really early game but mid to late game most things are pretty much binary. You are going to be killing the enemies or they are going to be one shotting you, so there is really no room or reason to bother with debuffing. Cause at that point it really doesn't matter if they are one shotting you for slightly less damage they are still one shotting you. 

I'm not sure what exactly I would turn it into tho.

The shadows from Tribute are not really all that useful but they are kinda interesting and there is really no downside to working them into one of her new abilities. 

Obligitory new 3rd ability. Maybe some sort of AoE with some nifty glowing mushroom rings maybe some sort of team damage boost field? I would say team healing but that's kind of Oberons shtick. I just kind of like the idea of some kind of team utility that plays on the whole mushroom fairy ring angle

Razorwing definitely NEEDS to not be flagged as Archwing on open world content because it pretty much hard counters Titanias primary ability. It literally kills her for open world content and DE is aggressively pushing for more and more open world. 

For the issue with the Razor Flies, they could probably use some better scaling and a mechanic to revive them as they die. Maybe make that part of her passive ability when she is in Razorwing. Kill X enemies and get a drone back sort of thing. Or maybe work it into the new Spellbind, so if you are in Razorwing when an enemy under Spellbinds effect (standard or Lantern) dies they burst into replacement drones. Which gives you some reason to use it other than Blitz.

I would also love to see it if instead of completely losing your sentinel that Titania essentially assumes the role of the sentinel when it comes to utility mods. So she would gain the vacuum the sentinel had, she would regenerate your health if you had Medi-Ray and she would beam shield energy around to you and your squad if you had Shield-Charger etc. If it absolutely needs to have a drawback because some people seem hung up on everything needing a trade off.... tie the sentinels life to hers. She downs and it kills/decrements the sentinels regen if applicable. I mean worst case scenario if something was going to have killed you odds are it was going to kill your sentinel anyhow.

She should also be able to interact with simple (press X to) objects in Razorwing, like friendship doors, Ayatan, Stars, lockers. I am totally OK with her not being able to hack from Razorwing. But it is a serious inconvenience especially for a Growing Power and or Energy Conversion build and at higher levels a potentially deadly one. 

I also really feel that she should be able to use her Operator form from Razorwing. Because currently using your Operator as Titania who has most of her survivability tied to Razorwing and thus spends most of her time in Razorwing is extremely clunky. Something that is also exasperated by Growing Power/Energy Conversion builds.  

Last but not least her Exalted weapons really need to decide what they are because currently they are both "Exalted" and not. However only with the downsides of either. EG her Dex Pixia does not trigger Growing power as a normal weapon would however it is frozen in Limbos time stop just like a regular non exalted weapon. 

TL;DR

• merge her 1 & 3 into a single charge skill 
  • replace her 2 & 3 with some as yet to be determined new powers
  • Fix razorwing being targeted by Anti Archwing weapons as it literally kills her for open world content.
  • Implement a synergistic pseudo-passive way to replenish razorflies
  • Assume the utility functions of your sentinel/companion
  • Add simple (press x to) interaction
  • Add ability to toggle to operator while in Razorwing
  • Either make her Dex Pixia trigger Growing Power or bypass Limbos Time Stop like a regular Exalted weapon.
Edited by Oreades

Some good points there Oreades.  I think if they replaced her 2, something defense oriented would be great, something Mesa-esque because I see no reason that'd be OP on Titania if it's not on Mesa.  I know Mesa spends time stationary, but she's also like the uncontested queen of dps.  I also think it'd be awesome if she had some kind of missile salvo, not as an ability, but as an alternate fire while in Razorwing that fired a barrage of missiles at your cursor location that did aoe in a 15m or so radius and used maybe 20 or 30 of her pixia ammo so you couldn't just spam it.  Just spitballing a little bit there, but it'd be nice to have something to do besides hold down LMB sometimes, and give Titania some moderate AoE ability.

Edited by Vindicus8235

4 hours ago, Vindicus8235 said:

Does grounded Titania offer anything to the game?  Particularly when you've built entirely around sustaining and empowering razorwing, when you're grounded your wings have quite literally been clipped.  Your power range is going to be tanked, you've lost your evasion bonus and altitude--I just feel like there are better options than running around shotgunning with a 300/300 frame with borderline useless skills outside of #4.  Ever played Overwatch?  It'd be like being baby D.Va all the time.  Not good, not good.

Yeah, I do get what you mean. Her other abilities can be used as a CC, but combat-wise she has higher value in her RW mode. It's like being able to stay in Avatar state--last air bender. 

I think they want you to have to work for it though. I mean, I do think it would be awesome if RW worked more like equinox's metamorphosis. If it wasn't channeled, but was a different state she can enter. But that would probably cost her the ridiculously high amount of DPS output that she has. Then Titania would be clearly under the nerf radar, just because she can stay in RW mode endlessly. I prefer how it is now, so she can keep her damage & drones. Though if they combined 3&1, made her 3 a buff for the drones (something else out of RW) and 4 and endless RW mode, then I'd also very much enjoy that.

And again we all agree that her other abilities can use some improvement

i'd just like to add my voice here—i'm not a terribly experienced player, but i've been really enjoying Titania, and the way lantern just... isn't at all reliable and doesn't last very long, due to faults that you can't really correct with mods, makes it the most frustrating part of her skillset. it's a really great concept, but this particular difficulty makes building her around skills other than razorwing quite difficult for me! the solutions already suggested in this thread (namely, tethering the target of lantern to a specific location for the duration of the ability) seem like they'd work really well to fix that.

Edited by Austell

• 3 months later...

Just dropping in to thank @Maka.Bones for a worthy Titania Build, I was building my own and I missed a couple of things that you nailed. I'm trying to use it as an air support frame in PoE to destroy those pesky Bolkor and Dargyn pilots.

I have some thoughts on Titania:

I think the Razorflies are a cool and under-utilized part of her kit. Maybe they could be the vessel for Vac. The more razor flies you have the more radius your vac has. If you aren't going to give us vac in RW at all, at least let her slide along the floor without being slowed down so much. It's like it's covered in molasses or something. 

I don't like that you have to jump out of Razorwing to renew them either, I think they could also be spawned from Lantern, either when the main target dies, or when an enemy dies to the damage tick from the lantern itself. 

And yeah, echoing everyone else, no more suicide on melee, tether the lantern'd unit to the ground, let me melee units effected by Spellbound while I'm in Razorwing, and make Tribute an AOE ability. I think those are the biggest things, and anything else is icing on the cake.

I have some thoughts on Titania:

I think the Razorflies are a cool and under-utilized part of her kit. Maybe they could be the vessel for Vac. The more razor flies you have the more radius your vac has. If you aren't going to give us vac in RW at all, at least let her slide along the floor without being slowed down so much. It's like it's covered in molasses or something. 

I don't like that you have to jump out of Razorwing to renew them either, I think they could also be spawned from Lantern, either when the main target dies, or when an enemy dies to the damage tick from the lantern itself. 

And yeah, echoing everyone else, no more suicide on melee, tether the lantern'd unit to the ground, let me melee units effected by Spellbound while I'm in Razorwing, and make Tribute an AOE ability. I think those are the biggest things, and anything else is icing on the cake.

(FWI, Minor Spoilers for Sacred Grove quest for those who haven't done it yet)

The idea of utilizing her underappreciated Razorflies gave me a rework idea for Titania 😄

Given that in her back story, Titania is kinda like the "Guardian Warframe" of the silver grove whose Tenno is a bit on the mischievous side and cut up Dax soldiers like a boss (although died at the end), and that the character she alludes to - Titania the faerie queen from A Midsummer nights Dream - paints her as a strong-willed and independent queen who is attended to by many other different faeries, this opens up a lot of interesting thematic potential for her skills that don't have to sacrifice pragmatism. 

And so here is a rework idea that revolves around her being a tricksy faerie queen to her loyal attendant razorflies 😄 

Base stats:

Energy to 225 base

HP Stay as 300 base

Shields Stay as 300 base

Armor Stay as 65 base

Passive: Decent as it is on it's own - as it makes her pretty fast, but not as fast as Volt - It just doesn't synergize well with the rest of her kit. So, for this rework idea, for every 5 of each enemy type slain by titania gives her a minor, but stacking Aura buff (basically, make her 2 a passive) that also affect her razorflies, same buffs as Tribute with the following changes:

Dust: Remain as is, only thing that makes it useless rn is the worthless state of her 2, lol

Thorns: Same as Dust, except increase Cap to 75%, and each stack being 15% additional damage reflect to make this actually worth it for tankier allies as it is basically worthless for you.

Entangle: Increase slow aura Range to 20 meters, Every 2 enemies slain for this one (as it's enemy type doesn't appear as often as the other 2), Increase cap to 40%, 8% per Stack. Gives Speed (and in effect attack speed) buffs to all razorflies within 40 meters

Fullmoon: Remain as is, but give damage buff to the players themselves (albeit at half potency) and not their companions with good for nothing AI (unless an AI rework comes around that improves companion AI, then this would be superb), and give said buff to razorflies as well.

For balance purposes, triple the rate at which this auras decay, but make the decay timers refresh every time a new stack is gained encouraging Titania players to keep up their rampages, and also being smart about which enemies they target

1- Spellbind: For the more basic changes Increase AoE to 4/4/6/8 m, set a terminal velocity for spellbinded targets so that they don't fly off into oblivion (like 2 m/s would be great), decrease cast time, and decrease duration of the ability. Now why the last point, because the more complicated change I want to add is that Enemies who are spellbinded are given target priority by razorflies and said razorflies can leech hp from enemies who are spellbinded, as well as deal more damage to said enemies.

2- (Formerly Tribute) Faerie's Chrysalis (I find this ability name cool 😛😞 50 Energy, Single Target, Cast Range 8/12/16/20, Duration 6/8/10/12, Pupas Implanted 1/2/3/4, Cast time, 1s. Effect: Implant Target enemy with Razorwing pupas that each deal 200 slash damage per second, target enemy can also no longer attack during this duration and will attempt to smash the pupas, For every 4 seconds, the enemy has a 50% chance to destroy one pupa and a 50% chance to destroy none at all. If either the effect kills the enemy, or the enemy is killed while the effect is active, all surviving pupas will turn into razorwings. If, however, the target survives the ability, no razorwings will spawn. Chrysalis-ed enemies will be ignored by razorflies. 

3- Lantern: For the more basic changes, set a terminal velocity (4 m/s), decrease cost to 50 energy and 2 razorflies. Why 2 razorflies cost? Because these razorflies are "the swarm of razorflies" in the ability description 🙂. For the more complicated changes, if there are atleast 6 razorflies that are alive, 2 can pick up the Lanterned enemy and fly it slowly (4 m/s terminal velocity) to an area within their operating range (40m around Titania) where there are the most enemies and keep it there, or towards the nearest ally, also, in defense and mobile defense, it will be dragged near the objective to act as a distraction. Also, Razorflies within 12/18/24/30m of the lantern receive Speed (and in effect attack speed) buffs, and resistance and immunity buffs, namely 50% resist to single target damage, 90% resist to AoE damage, and immunity to status. Also, her 2 cannot be cast on the lanterned enemy. Also, lanterns being carried cannot be knocked back, the two razorflies can be killed by enemy fire

4- Razorwing: Remains the same, with the addition of an afterburner, companions remaining there, and her Diwata having the unique effect of switching the AI priorities of the Razorflies when equipped (more on this below), and also now giving the latern buff to Razorwings within her current operating range.

And now, changes to the razorflies:
Ways they attack will remain the same, also, they will have an "operating range" meaning the range upon which they take their actions, point zero being Titania herself, and a "reactionary range" upon which their dynamic AI will react based on, point zero being the individual razorfly. Operating Range is 20 meters in radius when there are only 4 or less razorflies, this is increased to 40 meters in radius when there are more than 4 active. Reactionary Range will be the Operating range until a stimuli is given upon which point zero becomes the razorfly and it's radius is reduced to 10 meters for the most part, except for certain priorities (like surrounding the lantern). Now, here are the AI priorities:

1 - Surround Titania within Reactionary Range, if at least 3 are already surrounding Titania ->

2 - Detect homing projectiles aimed at Titania within reactionary range, if homing projectile aimed at Titania detected, only the nearest razorfly will dash to intercept, intercepting razorfly will die in process, and if projectile is explosive, it will not explode. if none ->

3 - Detect homing projectiles aimed at teammate within reactionary range, if homing projectile aimed at teamate detected, only the nearest razorflly will dash to intercept, intercepting razorfly will die in process, and if projectile is explosive, it will not explode. if none ->

4 - Detect Spellbound enemies, If spellbound enemy detected within operating range, razorfly will dash towards spellbound enemy and attack it, if no Spellbound enemies ->

5 - Detect Lantern, if Lantern detected outiside of Titania's operating range, 2 nearest razorflies will drag it into operating range then within 10 meters of defense objectives, if no defense objective, towards the closest ally within 20 meters, if none, towards large enemy concentrations within operating range, if razorflies are already carrying lantern, other razorflies will switch to detect enemies within lantern range if no Lantern ->

6 - Detect enemies not being targeted by razorwings, if enemy not being targeted by razorwings detected within Titania's operating range, razorfly will dash towards enemy and attack it, upon killing an enemy, it will find other untargeted enemies within reactionary range, but will still stay within operating range, if no untargeted enemies ->

7 - Detect enemies being Targeted by the least number of razorwings, if none found (ie. all enemies are being targeted by 2 razorwings) nearest enemy. Upon killing said enemy, switch back to priority 6, if no enemies ->

8 - Switch back to operational range, Follow Titania

When Titania equips her diwata, then Operating Range Changes to a 15 meter radius, and AI Priorities change to the following:

1 - Surround Titania within Reactionary Range, if at least 3 are already surrounding Titania ->

2 - Detect homing projectiles aimed at Titania within reactionary range, if homing projectile aimed at Titania detected, only the nearest razorfly will dash to intercept, intercepting razorfly will die in process, and if projectile is explosive, it will not explode. if none ->

3 - Detect Spellbound enemies, If spellbound enemy detected within operating range, razorfly will dash towards spellbound enemy and attack it, if no Spellbound enemies ->

4 - Detect enemies not being targeted by razorwings, if enemy not being targeted by razorwings detected within Titania's operating range, razorfly will dash towards enemy and attack it, upon killing an enemy, it will find other untargeted enemies within reactionary range, but will still stay within operating range, if no untargeted enemies ->

5 - Detect enemies being Targeted by the least number of razorwings, if none found (ie. all enemies are being targeted by 2 razorwings) nearest enemy. Upon killing said enemy, switch back to priority 4, if no enemies ->

6 - Switch back to operational range, Follow Titania

And for the Razorfly stats, remain as is, however, increase their chance to proc slash, stagger enemies, and evade damage. In addition, there can only be 16 razorflies at any given time. Also, razorflies MUST finish an action before priorities take effect (eg. cannot intercept homing projectlies until targeted enemy is dead). Razorflies take enemy aggro first.

So what does this kit give us:

Better Lock-down potential with Lantern and Razorflies.

Razorflies now with higher potential damage with Spellbind and all other Aura buffs and QoL changes to their stats.

Hard single-target CC nuke potential with her 2.

All her abilities now work together, including her passive.

A reason to use Diwata (higher damage density and survivability).

Better 4.

Better survivability against Bombards and in general (more razorflies = less incoming fire).

And the best part is, it's still thematically the same 😄 Just better in every way 😛 

(However some of the skills may be a bit overloaded, lol)

What do you guys think?

Edited by Driosd

29 minutes ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I just saw Antman and The Wasp. Makes you kinda wish Titania fought like The Wasp.

Man, did you see the damage output of Dex Pixia? She fights like a freaking A-10 Thunderbolt!

Titania has a niche, just like every frame.

I haven't seen another frame/build do more single target dps so far. Which is cool, but bad because Warframe does not often favor single target dps.

If you want to shred with Titania, build it around razorwing. You'll only use her 1 to proc razorwing blitz (when you need it) otherwise you'll never use her other abilities. Just mow down enemies with Dex Pixia.

I've found her to be very useful in PoE, where the enemy ships can never even drop off their crew because you can melt the ships from a distance. Also, the added high ground from always flying makes it easy to pick off enemies. It's a nice plus that Dex Pixia has perfect accuracy and instant bullet travel.

Didn't read whole thread, but that Titania is broken and unplayable is way hyperbolic. Titania needs some bug fixes and a rework of the 2, better vacuum in the 4. Other than that she's fine IMO. The razorflies provide very significant CC, and if they were more durable, they would be OP IMO.

Edited by Buttaface

Titania buffs.

Passive: upsurge buff now lasts 5 seconds after exiting the buff zone.

1: Spellbound: Enemies lifted by spellbind are also affected by a small radius bullet attracter (3m, your not going to be hitting their heads when they are tumbling in midair anyways)

its a pain to kill enemies when they are floating but that is core to this ability. its a good CC considering what it does.

2: Tribute: Cost reduced to 25, Damage removed. Buff duration increased to 300s.

Dust: Unchanged (duration bonus is enough here)

Thorns: Reflected damage now affects all targets in radius. (if one enemy damages you, they all receive the % reflected)

Entangle: Effect doubled, 10% per stack. Range Doubled, Diminishing effect from center (from 5% to 10% between 20m-10m)

Full Moon: Effect increased to 20% per stack (max of 5 stacks for 100%) Affects Titanias Razorflies while in Razorwing. Affects Sentinel weapons as well

Overall buffs, removal of damage allows for cheaper cost. Duration increase and Cost decrease dramatically reduces the overall energy cost of the ability.

Lantern: affected target is now tethered to where it was first affected. tether is loose but will now allow the target to go beyond 5m from where the effect was created.

This is badly needed

Razorwing: Casting other abilities while in razorwing form respawns a Razorfly (one spawned per cast). 

Razorflies will now collect pickups when no enemies are nearby in the same fashion as a Chesa Kuboro (they will simply fly into it and it is instantly collected by titania). to assist with this function, Razorflies also have a 3m Vacuum effect (also allowing them to collect from targets they are attacking if the target is killed)

• 2 weeks later...

As bad as it can be to revive dying threads, this is still a problem that bothers me.  It's bad enough that Titania is so underutilized due to bugs and a general lack of quality in some of her abilities, but the changes to the exalted weapons hit her especially hard.

Now that all exalted weapons must be forma'd separately from the typical weapons in your kit, this now means that a pixie build requires polarizing of the warframe and both pixie weapons.  This is fine if you just stay in that form the whole mission, but if you're ever on foot, than you need your base weapons polarized as well.  Overall, this makes Titania a very resource expensive warframe to use, when the payoff is much better somewhere else.

On 2018-08-04 at 9:30 PM, Malater said:

As bad as it can be to revive dying threads, this is still a problem that bothers me.  It's bad enough that Titania is so underutilized due to bugs and a general lack of quality in some of her abilities, but the changes to the exalted weapons hit her especially hard.

Now that all exalted weapons must be forma'd separately from the typical weapons in your kit, this now means that a pixie build requires polarizing of the warframe and both pixie weapons.  This is fine if you just stay in that form the whole mission, but if you're ever on foot, than you need your base weapons polarized as well.  Overall, this makes Titania a very resource expensive warframe to use, when the payoff is much better somewhere else.

While that is true, Titania's Exalted Weapons seem to level up insanely fast, and having maxed out the Dex Pixia and Diwata, I can honestly say there are few weapons in the game that can compare to their constant damage output.  Even when enemies hit level 100+, the Dex Pixia can chew them up in an eyeblink when using the right build.

On a side note, my original post for this thread does not reflect my opinion of Titania now.  Since the new particle system was added I've found that Lantern targets can now be freely pushed around with gunfire like was originally intended, making it much easier to utilise instead of feeling like it's a waste of energy, and I haven't experienced any problems while using Razorwing for a while now, so the only things lacking in her kit now are Spellbind's long cast time and the underwhelming effects of Tribute, things that do not bother me much since I rarely, if ever, use those abilities.

Edited by Konachibi