Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse the shadow assassin frame

45neo

First of all, yes I know Ash kinda represents an assassin already. However, he is also specifically a ninja warframe. And while that is cool and all I just figured there was still a bit of a niche to allow a stereotypical thief/rogue type assassin as well. Cause personally I kinda like the thief/rogue type assassin just as much and I feel sad that there isn't one in the game :( . 

so without further ado,                  \/ secret hidden reason I wanted to make another assassin character :P 

Eclipse, the shadow, the hidden. She utilizes the shadows to her advantage to travel through the battlefield hidden from her enemies to deal decisive blows to enemies unfortunate enough to be her target.

stats (base, scale as normal)-

health - 75

shield- 75

armor- 0

energy- 175

sprint speed- 1.3

passive- 

Spoiler

shadow form- over 1 second of being in a dark area Eclipse blends in with the darkness to become invisible. A full range of movement is possible but stealth breaks instantly upon entering a bright area or shooting a weapon that makes noise. While in this state sources of damage can deal no more than 50% of Eclipse max health and shields within half a second and will not cause any knockdowns/staggers, however, taking such will also break her passive stealth.

Notes- in lieu of low stats the secondary part of the passive is to give a surviving edge against random potshot attacks while invis (napalms, bombards, sapping ospreys and tar mutalist MOA I am looking at you). Also, this gives a bit of the cheat death feel that an assassin/rouge has.

abilities-

Spoiler

ability 1-

Spoiler

mark- Eclipse sends out a projectile that flies out leaving a trail of shadow1 and marking any enemies it passes through. Marked enemies take increased damage from attacks and leave behind shadow1 wherever they walk

Detailed information- 1 handed cast, costs 25 energy. The range is 15/20/25/30. Mark lasts for 10/16/22/28 seconds and enemies affected take x1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0 damage. The shadow effect created by the initial projectile or marked enemies shares duration with the mark. (btw just as a general rule of thumb all stats are listed in order of ability level) 

1. shadow is a bread and butter effect, basically, it causes any ground that is affected by shadow counts as a dark area, this is what allows Eclipse to more freely move around the stage without breaking invisibility constantly.  Areas under the shadow effect also provide bonus movement speed to Eclipse this is not affected by mods. 

ability 2-

Spoiler

dark cloud- Eclipse creates a cloud of dark mist at the target location applying shadow around the area and blinding enemies caught in the AoE. Afterwords enemies in the cloud will suffer from reduced vision and enemies outside the cloud can still detect warframes within the cloud but will not notice when an enemy dies within the cloud. 

Detailed information- 2 handed cast, costs 50 energy. Range 30/33/36/39m with a 5/7/9/11 m radius blinds enemies for 6/7/8/9 seconds. reduces enemy sight range to 1m at all ranks unaffected by mods. (this means you can kill an enemy who is 2 m apart from another enemy and will not alert the second enemy even if it is looking straight in your direction.

Note- this might not seem very impressive but Eclipse has synergy with finishers with her next two abilities.

ability 3- 

Spoiler

shadow assurance- Eclipse forms her shadow into several spikes when she deals non-lethal damage to an enemy while in stealth they will automatically be consumed to finish off the enemy before they have a chance to enter an alert state, while this ability is active dead bodies within will evaporate instantly (this includes enemies killed by the last charge of this ability). If stealth is broken all spikes will be consumed to pin down the nearest enemies dealing 50% less damage but impales them for a short while

Detailed information- 1 handed cast costs 75 energy. Creates 7/10/13/16 spikes (affected by duration), striking in a range up to 10/15/20/25m and dealing 300/450/600/700 puncture damage each. Synergizes with mark to not just deal multiplied damage. Also, the 50% of the damage changes to finisher instead of puncture when hitting marked or cc'd (open to finisher) enemies. When stealth breaks it impales 1 enemy per remaining spike in a similar fashion as Nezha's divine spears for 1/2/3/4 seconds (this is not the intended main effect just sort of an extra "your not completely screwed over when stealth breaks")

NOTE- If possible the spikes should be smart, hitting one at a time until the enemy you fail to kill is dead with 100% efficiency, in the event that you break stealth with the same attack that fails to kill an enemy the spikes will not finish off the enemy and will instead go to impale the nearest enemies.

ability 4 or ult-

Spoiler

Deaths blade- Watch your shadow tenno, for with her ultimate ability eclipse forms a dagger made of pure darkness to slay her foes. The damage of the dagger scales with melee mods on your weapon and attacks with strikes that dart in and between targets. Any attacks that land proc a bleed status effect. Additionally killing cc'd or marked enemies with finishers can cause them to drop an energy orb. Executing slide attacks will cast dark cloud at Eclipse's current position for half the cost and for a small amount of energy charge attacks allow her to teleport to any enemy open to finishers in a nearby dark area and immediately execute a finisher.

detailed information- 2 handed cast costs 50 energy + 3 energy/sec. Deals 70/110/150/190 damage per strike with a 25/50/75/100% chance to proc bleed with each attack. The stance would be focused on lunge attacks followed by backsteps (so you lunge in with one strike the hit the enemy and jump back the next) one combo should stagger enemies when used allowing for a finisher to be executed. The half cost dark cloud on spin attacks is still applicable for the full 75% energy reduction. The teleporting finisher on charge attacks costs 5 energy per use (affected by efficiency) and targets an enemy within 20/30/40/50m of Eclipse if there are no enemies open too finishers within that range it will execute a regular charge attack. Finally, since this is, in fact, a dagger exalted weapon yes overt lethality will work. 

So yeah that is my idea of a shadow assassin in warframe, feel free to like comment share, or otherwise make your own twists on the concept. As of writing this, I have no concept art but I do plan on sorting that out... SOON...   it won't be anytime soon btw.