The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse performing inconsistently in latest patch (22.14.2)

TheLexiConArtist

NOTE: this is NOT a question of damage numbers or scale-up/fall-off as per any of the recent tweaks post-Beam-Rework.

Threw a forma on the Synapse this morning, since I have a Riven for it and all. While taking it through the current Ceres invasions for a little bit of affinity I noticed it was incredibly unreliable.

I could hold the beam on targets, centre mass, sometimes for a full second or longer without a single damage tick occurring. Naturally, I attempted to hone down the cause of this inconsistency:

1. Test for possibility of camera intercepting raytraces by changing Warframe.
    • Going from Chroma Dynasty (a bulky figure) to Inaros (skinny, and have recently used with the Amprex without any noticeable issue with consistency)
    • Result: Minimal changes within circumstancial error margin.
  2. Test for accuracy issues.
    • Had Heavy Calibur on the Synapse while I was levelling it. Took it off (without replacement) to see if the tick rate changed.
    • Result: some notable improvements on tick consistency, but still recognisably imperfect (in particular, still able to wave the beam briefly over targets with frequent lack of damage ticks registering visually or functionally despite ample time to do so)
  3. Test for mechanical correlation (synapse issue vs. beam issue)
    • Performed same mission as in previous test using the Amprex.
    • Performed similar actions as in previous test to compare the tick consistencies
    • Result: Absolutely consistent in all test cases. Rate of damage numbers (and damage dealt) appropriate to weapon fire rate. Target acquisition effectively immediate as reticle passed over.