Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus day/night cycle clock in the obiter

erny0507

Honestly I’d just rather have the option to choose whether to lock the Plains of Eidolon at a certain time of day, play it from a specific time, or to play it in ‘now’ time.

Most times I’m in the mood for grinding the hell out of Quills standing - which isn’t too often due to the following reason - it’s the middle of the day in Cetus.

Worse? Day-Night cycle totalises to 150 minutes - two and a half hours. I read the patch notes when PoE came out for PS4, and it said that day in Cetus lasts 100 minutes and night lasts 50.

That’s just under two hours for day, and just under one for night. That also means that I can’t say, ‘oh 8 o’clock right now will be midday in Cetus, let’s come back at 9’, because the Day-Night cycle isn’t properly set to real life times.

Make day last 120 minutes and night last 60, so we can at least consider the time in three hour intervals rather than intervals of 150 minutes that are irregular regarding real life time.

Or just let us select the time to enter the Plains on.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

Worse? Day-Night cycle totalises to 150 minutes - two and a half hours. I read the patch notes when PoE came out for PS4, and it said that day in Cetus lasts 100 minutes and night lasts 50.

That’s just under two hours for day, and just under one for night. That also means that I can’t say, ‘oh 8 o’clock right now will be midday in Cetus, let’s come back at 9’, because the Day-Night cycle isn’t properly set to real life times.

Make day last 120 minutes and night last 60, so we can at least consider the time in three hour intervals rather than intervals of 150 minutes that are irregular regarding real life time.

There is a good reason for day and night being 150 minutes.

Imagine having a steady job, and having responsibilities, so you can only game certain times. Now imagine if that time always was day.

4 minutes ago, trndr said:

Imagine having a steady job, and having responsibilities, so you can only game certain times. Now imagine if that time always was day.

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but from what I read I assume that you believe that I suggested the PoE time be exact to IRL.

What I had meant was to make each full cycle in the Plains be three hours in real life.

3 goes into 24, 8 times. So one day would be eight PoE cycles. Give a player 12 hours to play per day (barring chores and personal care), and they could play four cycles of the Plains.

The way it is now, two Plains days are 300 minutes which is 5 hours. Thus, each day carries 9.6 PoE cycles. That means the final 0.4 (which is one hour in its own) goes into the next day and screws up an otherwise solid, consistent cycle, setting that day’s cycle time forward, every singular day.

A full Cetus cycle should be three (3) hours long, not two and a half (2.5). Making it three hours will make it consistent and easily able to be tracked per day.

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

There's an option where you go to your navigator and you can see the current day of time on your orbiter.. Not really a need for a clock, honestly.

Actually a clock would be nice if you are planning to hunt a Theralyst or more than one, because at least you would know if you have enough time to do it or if you should come back later.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

3 goes into 24, 8 times. So one day would be eight PoE cycles. Give a player 12 hours to play per day (barring chores and personal care), and they could play four cycles of the Plains.

The way it is now, two Plains days are 300 minutes which is 5 hours. Thus, each day carries 9.6 PoE cycles. That means the final 0.4 (which is one hour in its own) goes into the next day and screws up an otherwise solid, consistent cycle, setting that day’s cycle time forward, every singular day.

Think you are missunderstanding.

The point is to not have a length that divides 24 evenly.

That way people who only can play at specific times can experience day and night.

Cetus should be as it is.

Like In actual Astronomy, we cannot change Saturn day cycle or any other planet, just because Earth have a '24 hours' clock hour day cycle.

But our ship should have an 'Ordis' upgrade with better technology.

Adapt yourself, Tenno.

Edited by (PS4)Backdoorman71

vor einer Stunde schrieb trndr:

+1
I'd prefer you could do the hunts independant of any timer. During the week I maybe have 1-2 chances per day for a night cycle and often enough it's spoiled by bugs, bad hosts or a hotfix. While I can guarantee 2x3 runs with weak pickups by now, I cannot fight bugs and hotfixes.

All in all, it's not that a pleasing experience to farm Arcanes and often enough it's spoiled by mishaps.

Yeah I really don't get what the opposition to an actual timer that conveys information in a concise way (with numbers) is coming from. It feels a lot more like someone on the UI team being stubborn because they refuse to compromise their artistic integrity. 

Unfortunately realistically all it does is make things frustrating for the players. To the point that if you want detailed information that should be readily available IN GAME you essentially need to go to a third party tracker site to tell you something as simple as what time it is. 

Then you get to the imaginary realistic front.... I find it very hard to suspend my disbelief sufficiently to buy the idea that my space fairing mercenary, who can traverse the solarsystem with ease.... is somehow incapable of acquiring something as simple and rudimentary as a clock.

Not to mention though, if it takes 2.5 hours for a full cycle to occur in the Plains, DE will need to do a whole lot of math to figure out how many minutes go per second, or vice versa.

In the older GTA games, day-night ticked by one minute per one second, meaning one full in-game day would be 24 minutes. In newer titles such as Watch Dogs and GTAV, the time ticks one minute every few seconds, roughly one minute tick per two or three seconds with some variation, so that doubles or triples the duration of day-night - full cycle can be 48 minutes or 72 minutes.

I haven’t played either game in a long time but that’s how I remember it.

Plains however? They take 2.5 hours real time per cycle. 

Assuming Earth in Warframe still follows the same time cycle (24 hours, unchanged by Grineer involvement or the centuries/millennia ahead of us)... idk man, I had it for a bit but it’s 10:15 at night right now and I’m about to pass out.

Someone figure this out for me while I sleep please.

Edited by (PS4)Aerik93
...‘so that doubles *or* triples’...

you essentially need to go to a third party tracker site to tell you something as simple as what time it is. 

I follow 3 of those 3rd-party trackers and all 3 show different time. Sometimes the difference is as big as 10 minutes. For a 50-minute night cycle, this is a lot of inconsistency. But then again, DE is not famous for explaining or providing the simplest but most useful and impossible to get information, unless we have the wiki and google tabs always opened. Almost MR25 and that's how it always is for me. Warframe has always and unfortunately always will rely on 3rd parties to do the dirty work.

On 05/03/2018 at 3:17 PM, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

Not to mention though, if it takes 2.5 hours for a full cycle to occur in the Plains, DE will need to do a whole lot of math to figure out how many minutes go per second, or vice versa.

In the older GTA games, day-night ticked by one minute per one second, meaning one full in-game day would be 24 minutes. In newer titles such as Watch Dogs and GTAV, the time ticks one minute every few seconds, roughly one minute tick per two or three seconds with some variation, so that doubles or triples the duration of day-night - full cycle can be 48 minutes or 72 minutes.

I haven’t played either game in a long time but that’s how I remember it.

Plains however? They take 2.5 hours real time per cycle. 

Assuming Earth in Warframe still follows the same time cycle (24 hours, unchanged by Grineer involvement or the centuries/millennia ahead of us)... idk man, I had it for a bit but it’s 10:15 at night right now and I’m about to pass out.

Someone figure this out for me while I sleep please.

1 hour is just over 10 minutes, but as you can imagine it is not a clean division.

• 1 month later...

Hey, i have something here. It is 3rd party and require using rainmeter, but you just can run a game in window mode and put it on top of warframe as a part of your HUD. It requires just around 7-10Mb of RAM. As far as I tested it by myself it spawn eidolon right after night start and destroy lures as night is done :)

A bit detailed skin coming soon with dawn, sunrise, morning, dusk, sunset options for day to be used by fishers xD

Edited by -DelFuN-

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, antiqwiz said:

They added a chatcommand to check cetustime ingame : https://youtu.be/xXMAo4LJQVY?t=1615

I may be doing it wrong but I couldn't get it to work.. unless its in an upcoming version?

I tried 

• /cetustime
  • /cetusclock
  • /cetus-time
  • /cetus-clock
  • /cetus time
  • /cetus clock

(also with !)

I was actually wondering if they stupidly made it a twitch command rather than an ingame command.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I may be doing it wrong but I couldn't get it to work.. unless its in an upcoming version?

I tried 

• /cetustime
  • /cetusclock
  • /cetus-time
  • /cetus-clock
  • /cetus time
  • /cetus clock

(also with !)

I was actually wondering if they stupidly made it a twitch command rather than an ingame command.

Yeah, they made a twitch command :facepalm: