The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Won't Be Viable Until Some Changes Are Made

(PSN)thefallenloser

Am 21.5.2018 um 16:15 schrieb ljmadruga:

Wow, a low level fissure lasting only 2 rotations on the starchart.

Nice

Truly “Massive” Damage.

Her damage is negligible at best in higher levels (see: armor) and she goes down if an enemy even glances in her general direction thanks to the range reduction on her 4.

Accelerant is decent for the damage buff and some cc, but one good power does not make a good frame. Even when comparing to other damage frames, Ember falls way short.

Mesa, for example, can deal truly ludicrous amounts of damage that can completely mitigate armor that is only limited by line of sight. She has a damage reduction through her 3.

Octavia has infinitely scaling damage through her 1. She can turn invisible.

Even Equinox, who has more range on her 4 at base, has a damage reduction through pacify.

Except weapon buff paired with the damage that made those results and the utility of using more then just one frickin thing at a time or at all troughout a game.

I got similar results 10+ waves into elite onslaughts beein paired with volts, link trins, also equinox on nothing but a frickin energy-tank utility build.

5 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

got similar results 10+ waves into elite onslaughts beein paired with volts, link trins, also equinox

Hmm, interesting results.

have you ever considered

maybe

oh, I don’t know,

that your team

Just hear me out here,

was carrying you the entire time?

I’m gonna bet that it was the equinox pulling most of the weight here.

6 hours ago, ljmadruga said:

have you ever considered

maybe

oh, I don’t know,

that your team

Just hear me out here,

If he has all the kills then what was Equinox doing?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb ljmadruga:

have you ever considered

maybe

oh, I don’t know,

that your team

Just hear me out here,

Hardly. Had to revive the maim equinox on a few occasions. Together with the Vauban on that group cause the meta Cc really didn't do that much for him. The equinox left at the...what was it? 7 wave mark? Since he really couldn't do that much and kept dying.

And the trin did absolutely nothing but nuking, not supporting, nothing. Left the Volt wo energy too, i was doing just fine on that build.

Seein how everyone of them was damaging and i still ruled the score, i was carrying them.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

On 2018-05-26 at 11:37 PM, RealPandemonium said:

It's about what I expect from OP on a given day.

You expect that I make "whine threads" instead of doing what I actually did... y'know-- giving real feedback? Just stop and look at an actual whine thread.

I've played Ember, tested, researched, and what do you know? The seemingly de-facto glass cannon damage dealer is absolutely horrible in terms of dealing damage at higher levels compared to other damage dealers!

4 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

You expect that I make "whine threads" instead of doing what I actually did... y'know-- giving real feedback? Just stop and look at an actual whine thread.

I've played Ember, tested, researched, and what do you know? The seemingly de-facto glass cannon damage dealer is absolutely horrible in terms of dealing damage at higher levels compared to other damage dealers!

Can you give me some benchmarks that allowed you to reach this conclusion?

vor 9 Stunden schrieb RealPandemonium:

Can you give me some benchmarks that allowed you to reach this conclusion?

Ain't it allways the same things?

"Survivability - oneshots" obviously, if you don't build for it but try min/maxing instead.

"Survivability - Cc" the reduced range changed nothing about the inconsistency of her Cc but hey, you can't kill them before they approach any longer. That's all her Cc was before. A tool to pin them down just long enough.

"Fire damage isn't good -doesn't stack" ... if you ignore that high damage, let's say toxic/gas proccs don't need much stacking anyways. She makes the one procc count.

"Fire damage isn't good -doesn't scale"... like anyting that isn't finisher damage or reducing armor, what's a privilege to but a hand full of frames in the first place... she is a weapon buffer, what's a legitimate approach to high damage none the less and using CP definitly doesn't hurt.

I've said it before and i gladly repeat myself, she could use a few QoL improvements but god, these viability threads are frickin ridiculous. She's plenty viable as is allready. If you know what you're doing that is.

I've already replaced Ember Prime with Ignis Wraith. Was in a group with a couple Ember's recently though, that was cute. I used gimp weapons and only spammed miasma every now and then to let them feel Stronk! Ember's fine with me, totally outclassed by elderly wheelchairs on 4ft ramps but, she's fine.