Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE 4.3.0 (05/03/2018)

[DE]Sean

Another feature I think would be cool but there's probably way too much on the back end implicated in this somehow, is if the app and the game could be simultaneously logged in fully. I mean yeah, we were talking about changing loadouts from this earlier and that'd be cool, obviously you couldn't allow that in the field if both the game and app were logged in.... But it would be nice if some things could be done via the app while the actual game is doing other things. Although I guess some things could be a boon or a curse if that worked that way.

Say perhaps the chat for example, this might be more useful for people on console also since they wouldn't have to type on their console to the chat. Or managing some things in the foundry, although issues arising there could be an issue as well I guess, such as if you had some consumable on you, you ran out, but had some in the foundry you could claim them while in the field that might be an issue unless it just waited till returning to the ship to update as I can imagine you wouldn't want people doing that on the go.

I can think of nice benefits though also. Such as let's say you're in a social hub like Cetus or a relay hanging out, it'd be nice if you could use the app to manage your foundry stuff without going back to the ship, or open it to check alerts/invasions maybe (At least there are some other ways to do that one, warframestat.us is a useful site!) Or the generic ability of just seeing if you have a mod or other inventory item while you're in a map already would be nice. Oh and another nice one that would be useful but possibly beyond the scope of what the app should be doing gameplay wise, although it may get more people to figure out it exists and use it: What if void traces got saved on each Endless round of void fissures, and you could quickly pop open the relic refinement and refine more relics before deciding to fully finish that endless run out.

If I'm being entirely honest I think a REALLY great feature (although it'd probably get abused somehow :p) Would be if you could do trading on there, it'd be great if you didn't have to finish/drop a mission you were in to jump to the dojo to trade, that requirement of even having a dojo though really does help weed down on scammers though.

Edited by Drex83

2 minutes ago, Drex83 said:

Another feature I think would be cool but there's probably way too much on the back end implicated in this somehow, is if the app and the game could be simultaneously logged in fully. I mean yeah, we were talking about changing loadouts from this earlier and that'd be cool, obviously you couldn't allow that in the field if both the game and app were logged in.... But it would be nice if some things could be done via the app while the actual game is doing other things. Although I guess some things could be a boon or a curse if that worked that way.

Say perhaps the chat for example, this might be more useful for people on console also since they wouldn't have to type on their console to the chat. Or managing some things in the foundry, although issues arising there could be an issue as well I guess, such as if you had some consumable on you, you ran out, but had some in the foundry you could claim them while in the field that might be an issue unless it just waited till returning to the ship to update as I can imagine you wouldn't want people doing that on the go.

I can think of nice benefits though also. Such as let's say you're in a social hub like Cetus or a relay hanging out, it'd be nice if you could use the app to manage your foundry stuff without going back to the ship, or open it to check alerts/invasions maybe (At least there are some other ways to do that one, warframestat.us is a useful site!) Or the generic ability of just seeing if you have a mod or other inventory item while you're in a map already would be nice.

If I'm being entirely honest I think a REALLY great feature (although it'd probably get abused somehow :p) Would be if you could do trading on there, it'd be great if you didn't have to finish/drop a mission you were in to jump to the dojo to trade, that requirement of even having a dojo though really does help weed down on scammers though.

One feature that would be really cool to impliment (although it would be really difficult to pull off well for such a silly feature) is that the app will serve as an external radar, to save screen space.

Oh man that'd be a nice feature, yeah that'd have to sync real time I'm sure that'd be a huge undertaking but as someone with their tablet on a stand next to the desk ALWAYS when playing that would be prettttty pimp. I honestly wish we could see more stuff like that in all kinds of games, I'm more than a bit surprised most MMOs don't have a serious app of any kind outside of like a 2FA thing or something, Warframe really does have one of the best ones around

19 minutes ago, Drex83 said:

Oh man that'd be a nice feature, yeah that'd have to sync real time I'm sure that'd be a huge undertaking but as someone with their tablet on a stand next to the desk ALWAYS when playing that would be prettttty pimp. I honestly wish we could see more stuff like that in all kinds of games, I'm more than a bit surprised most MMOs don't have a serious app of any kind outside of like a 2FA thing or something, Warframe really does have one of the best ones around

OH MY GOD I JUST REALIZED

GEAR WHEEL

GEAR WHEEL

GEAR WHEEL

PUT A REMOTE GEAR WHEEL IN THE APP FOR REMOTE ACTIVATION

I don't recently recall seeing a warning of kicking off other possible sessions. Is this feature still in the app? Because I think I may have lost some progress on a solo mission I paused, then accidentally loaded up my Nexus app.

(Edit: It exists.)

Edited by Helcostr

• 2 weeks later...

Most information on this app is kind of useless if you are not around a Pc/Console to actually play the game.

Activites menu:
Alerts, Invasions, Sorties, Void Fissuers missions can only be played if you are around your platform of choice at the time.
Extractors are fine.

The news, codex, inventory, companion, arsenal, void relics, foundry menus are also fine but its much easier to use them while playing (except when you trying to build a bunch of Energy pads then the app rules).

My suggestion for the app is try to figure out a way so players can join relays or somehow trade.
Make missions availble after expire for a short duration (30 mins after log in) if the player was in useing the app (12 hours to log in).
Then the next step could be to play the game on mobile.

• 3 weeks later...

I am new to WF, and this app is very useful (especially for managing the foundry and alert notifications), but I have noticed that the mod inventory essentially locks up the app, keeping it in a perpetual load requiring the app to be closed and then restarted to continue working (at least on my iPhone 7S). I am unsure if the app features allow mods to be redeemed for credits/endo, upgrades, or used for transpositions (since that function is bugged), but if they are not enabled, I would like them to be. Second, I have noted that the search function in the void relic tab does not work properly, as any search for any term brings up no results, even if I manually check the relics and find the item I searched for. 

As for suggesting future features, I would like access to the marketplace from the app, not only to browse, but to spend credits and platinum. If it is feasible to allow the app to link to the place where microtransactions are managed (e.g., xbox marketplace, playstation store, etc), IRL currency purchases may be done too. Finally, I would like to be able to see and modify my loadouts, both functional (weapon, mod selection, etc) and cosmetic (color schemes, syandanas, etc) from the app.

So essentially, I would like the WF app to allow everything the in-game menus allow except playing the game :D

Sorry for such a long message, but I really love the game and the app is such a great companion that I want to see both be the best they can be :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I cannot use the app (Android) since the last update because it closes when i try to open it. 😧

Please, fix this! There are too many people talking about this issue in the app comments on Play Store.

• 3 weeks later...

As soon as I started playing Warframe again I looked for something like a management app (mostly for the foundry) this app proved to be what I needed but some of the functions seem rather odd . It would be really cool if we had an ALL compartment for inventory/foundry like we do in the in-game foundry as for example some of the things are missing . I wanted to compare the number of Harrow Chasis BPs I have with a friend at work (I know , silly , but I got him to start playing the game again 😄 ), and , in the inventory , you don't have the option to view non-primed blueprints other than the foundry where it will only show a blueprint and not the number of blueprints owned . Also , could the search functions be made to use the algorithm they use in-game ? In game for example , if I search for forma in the relics tab it's going to list the relics that have forma blueprint in the drop list . Also , the codex seems to be missing some items like : "Latron Wraith" , "Dex Dakra" (these are just some that I saw in my inventory and not showing in there ).

Great App , keep up the good work ! 😄