Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro’s Infiltrated Vaulted Relics

[DE]Taylor

On 3/5/2018 at 10:20 PM, (PS4)Vagnar said:

What about Volt's accessories? Are those going to be Baro offerings or stay with the current unvaulting system?

Edit: Also, Akvasto Prime relic?! :D

What? you can't earn them in game so why would they come via baro?

7 hours ago, (PS4)bombercomfort said:

It says PC, is the coming to PS4 I must know now so I can farm for Ducats in advance

On 3/5/2018 at 3:53 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

and Console will receive them from Baro’s visit on April 20th to match the current path of rotations.

125 Ductas seems excessive.

When the Axi A2 was being sold from Baro it was 50 Ducats?
More than a double price hike for the "new" relics?
Granted, it's not the same items, but again, 125 seems rather excessive.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SasoDuck said:

Hopefully never. Those should be kept as badges of people who played in the very beginning of the game. 6000 mastery is hardly anything worth losing sleep over.

Yeah, I for one hate the thought of people having alternate version of weapons they like using and having a distinct chunk of exp that I also have. Down with collectors and completionists, let's hold everything back forever! Stop rereleasing primes too while you're at it, it's unfair to the people who farmed for them back when we had keys instead of relics! Heck stop letting people download the game, keep it as a badge of people who played it from the start.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShaiPaneer said:

He better not.... Thats unfair to all the players that paid ....

It could be on Baro tennogen style where you have to dump real money for it.

Like limited Baro "tennogen"

Just a heads up; I will never, ever spend Ducats on vaulted relics. That's just taking the Plat I could have earned selling the stuff I farmed from relics to the WF market and burning it for a chance at more things I can sell on the WF market? 

......at a  huge loss? 

No, Way.

Credits only even if a high credit cost is permissible, but honestly 100,000 per Vaulted relic sounds fair to me. Buying 'more than you need' to help 'ensure' you get the parts you want to drop just means players can get lucky and then have wasted a bunch of credits buying more relics they don't even need, and that's practically a best case scenario.

34 minutes ago, RunedFrame said:

Just a heads up; I will never, ever spend Ducats on vaulted relics. That's just taking the Plat I could have earned selling the stuff I farmed from relics to the WF market and burning it for a chance at more things I can sell on the WF market? 

......at a  huge loss? 

No, Way.

Credits only even if a high credit cost is permissible, but honestly 100,000 per Vaulted relic sounds fair to me. Buying 'more than you need' to help 'ensure' you get the parts you want to drop just means players can get lucky and then have wasted a bunch of credits buying more relics they don't even need, and that's practically a best case scenario.

There are people sitting on 100,000,000 credits with nothing to spend it on.  There needs to be some sort of additional cost to keep the relics from destroying the value on any of the items in them.

13 hours ago, paul5473 said:

Because typically they're made available for purchase during an unvaulting.  We've never had an unvaulting involving baro so there's no precedent for what they could do here.

Edited by Urabask

Just now, Urabask said:

There are people sitting on 100,000,000 credits with nothing to spend it on.  There needs to be some sort of additional cost to keep the relics from destroying the value on any of the items in them.

then let's get real here. the ducat cost they are asking for is ludicrously too high. At most the ducat cost should be about the same or slightly more than the plat one might be able to earn selling a bronze tier item from another relic.

it is a gamble, but there is no point in making it a *Terrible* gamble.

1 hour ago, RunedFrame said:

then let's get real here. the ducat cost they are asking for is ludicrously too high. At most the ducat cost should be about the same or slightly more than the plat one might be able to earn selling a bronze tier item from another relic.

it is a gamble, but there is no point in making it a *Terrible* gamble.

I never said it wasn't.  But 100k credit relics are just about as stupid.

On the other hand if they're making these relics a regular part of Baro's rotating stock then it would mean that the price makes some sense.  They need to keep Baro from flooding the game with so many relics so that the value can eventually recover by the time the original volt relics/volt parts are no longer as easily obtainable.

1 hour ago, Uan91 said:

What's the point to trade if it gets available always? please don't put those relics in baro. How can we trade if vaulted stauff gets released like this?

I mean you say that but Aklex Prime links are still worth 70 plat.  This is one of the few ways to regularly make something available while maintaining some value.

Edited by Urabask

9 hours ago, Maugre said:

Yeah, I for one hate the thought of people having alternate version of weapons they like using and having a distinct chunk of exp that I also have. Down with collectors and completionists, let's hold everything back forever! Stop rereleasing primes too while you're at it, it's unfair to the people who farmed for them back when we had keys instead of relics! Heck stop letting people download the game, keep it as a badge of people who played it from the start.

Yep, 6000 mastery is such a distinct chunk of your level progress that you desperately need. /s

3 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

Yep, 6000 mastery is such a distinct chunk of your level progress that you desperately need. /s

Large isn't the same as distinct. It's obviously not something that can't be made up, but it's also obviously something locked away for anyone who happened to not be there at the time. Perhaps if your view is to keep it as a "badge" that someone paid, then your mindset should be to allow people to pay for it now as well. Paywalling is one thing, but paywalling and then time-locking permanently is another.

• Like 1

Well good thing volt sold faster than anything from the fabled nova chassis or rhino blueprints but this whole vaulting thing just to rerelease them sooner than anticipated makes me really question why have vaulting anyway. If this trends then cool but still. Whats next transmuting for vaulted relic(s) or something out of the ordinary like that. Now that I think about it the packs containing these items like when volt gets unvaulted BETTER be seperated by then.

15 hours ago, paul5473 said:

Because most people think baro is EVERYTHING. that is what really annoys me, Pablo tweeted out the arcane changes right sorting via rarity and 1 or 2 people mentioned "ooh primed arcanes time to stock up on ducats" shortly after, Pablo corrected the tweet by adding those are for Energize, Grace Arcanes etc.

Disclaimer:No offense to the people that are categorized by my above statement its just wrong and gives me the oh I don't need to play and spam 'WTB junk 2p ea' for hours on end. And on one last note this all started from ONE person telling me baro was gonna bring maiming strike when I was starting out in warframe near August 2016 which even I knew that was untrue anyway rant over. Later \m/-

Dear DE,

Please add the [Heart Nyth] to the components list in the foundry. I am unable to check their amounts from the Foundry Components list. I can see the Nyth though.

For example, I can easily see the Sentirum and Radian Sentirum both present in my inventory.

On 3/6/2018 at 1:06 PM, SasoDuck said:

Hopefully never. Those should be kept as badges of people who played in the very beginning of the game. 6000 mastery is hardly anything worth losing sleep over.

Happening to have played a game longer is not a thing to be proud of, it's not a talent it's not something you earned, it deserves no badges, because it is not an act of Merit, treating it like one only shows a very skewed sense of values,

In response to the original post, the prices are too skewed for random chances, i will not be picking up any since i would prefer to either save for later or buy practical items liked Primed Mods, it would be more tempting if they were just new relics with 4 items with 25% drop chance each, since that would be less of a nuisance, as is i can't see who this is for, older Players will probably either have Volt Prime or have no interest in him, newer players can't afford these prices,

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 10:53 AM, --Q--FSK41 said:

Well, how Long does it take until every prime is at baro every week so new Players are all yeah I have every prime Frame now i am Boss,and every Veteran invested time into  YOUR game probably more than 10 of These new Players together and making his effort for farming useless coz he can sell his prime sets for dumbprices,is this how you reward your loyal Tenno who farmed Volt prime maybe even back in the old void(which was way better than the current fissure System) till today to Profit of prime vault ? how Long will it take you can buy them for  ducats and credits already made?If this is how it it will be its a clear,,Hello new Players BYE old players'' for me.

DE doesnt care about anything anymore

1 hour ago, Key said:

DE doesnt care about anything anymore

I farmed up every frame, weapon and prime, I've got pretty much everything (not counting a few exclusives). I don't mind things getting easier for new players. Only an elitist thinks to themselves "man I did this the hard way, everyone else should have to do it the hard way too."

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Maugre said:

Large isn't the same as distinct. It's obviously not something that can't be made up, but it's also obviously something locked away for anyone who happened to not be there at the time. Perhaps if your view is to keep it as a "badge" that someone paid, then your mindset should be to allow people to pay for it now as well. Paywalling is one thing, but paywalling and then time-locking permanently is another.

No I don't want people to pay for it because then there'd be a bunch of people running around with them that just paid for them and that'd be sad, because I actually played in the beginning, I've been through the entire lifespan of the game, and those vandals are a reminder/badge of that... they shouldn't have that badge. Either that, or create a Closed Beta accolade that indicates the same.

8 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

No I don't want people to pay for it because then there'd be a bunch of people running around with them that just paid for them and that'd be sad, because I actually played in the beginning, I've been through the entire lifespan of the game, and those vandals are a reminder/badge of that... they shouldn't have that badge. Either that, or create a Closed Beta accolade that indicates the same.

Strip the exp and damage, turn them into skins. Problem solved, you've got your pretty trinket and nobody feels left out with a weapon, even slightly.

Or you could continue trying to defend elitism I guess.

• Like 2

So, when will the "parties" Baro keeps inviting me to be a thing? If I buy anymore from him, we'll become "bed buddies".

I'm not sure about allowing Baro to offer vaulted relics. Not only is it cheaper to buy the parts from players, but the coming flood will drop the plat worth into the toilet.

Maybe I'm looking too far into this? I don't know.

:redveil:

Edited by GrazewoundZero
typo

29 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

So, when will the "parties" Baro keeps inviting me to be a thing? If I buy anymore from him, we'll become "bed buddies".

I'm not sure about allowing Baro to offer vaulted relics. Not only is it cheaper to buy the parts from players, but the coming flood will drop the plat worth into the toilet.

Maybe I'm looking too far into this? I don't know.

:redveil:

The whole point is to drop the plat value of the Vaulted Frames. Because new players increase demand for Primes, and inflation occurs when the demand far outstrips the supply. This follows the pattern of putting Arcanes on Eidolons and the longer unvault, which are all DE's efforts in preventing price inflation of items.

DE is trying to balance the "need" for players to buy plat and retaining of new players who lack the money/time in game to own vaulted primes. Every veteran/old player who quits takes all his items away as well, so this ensures there is a supply of items to keep up with demand.

This is why do not invest into all these for too long. Values in Warframe change overnight and is not always an increase. Make your money when it's worth XD