Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't leave chat open in defence missions.

I've been playing Warframe for quite a while now, and obviously i'm getting sick of it, yes i do other stuff with my spare time, but that has nothing to do with this topic, so obviously i don't need bugs that literally stab me in the back nearly every single mission i play, just so i can bleed out all of the would've-been progress that i had rightfully earned.

Now to the point...

Leaving the chat tab open during the extraction phase of defence missions negates the choice of leaving the mission or staying in it.

I'd assume because the game (only) responds to the buttons pressed whilst the chat tab is open.

I literally should not have to keep my chat tab closed during this phase, but unfortunately because of DE's oversight; i literally do otherwise i'm stuck in that mission for 5 more excruciating waves of "defend some space plebe i don't care about".

You may argue that staying 5 more waves isn't a big deal, which you're to a extent, right, but each to their own, i only want what i came for, i shouldn't need to put in more unnecessary work, regardless, this is a bug, DE shouldn't let bugs persist nevertheless, let them soil the experience.

Warframe whilst tedious, annoying, time consuming, is regardless a game i have a soft spot for, like that ex you hate but keep coming back to, ahem, but i don't need bugs that force it to be a chore, no one does.

Edited by (PS4)Jphoenix39

this isn't a Bug.

it could be changed at some point, by Controllers having a pretend Mouse Cursor as their navigational control in the Menus - but there isn't anything here that constitutes as a Bug. without a Cursor to select positions you want to interact with yourself, having the Chat Window open and ready to type in... means the background won't be in Focus.

just like if you have one Application in Focus in Windows, you can't type in another Application because that is the currently active one.

On 06/03/2018 at 7:57 AM, taiiat said:

this isn't a Bug.

it could be changed at some point, by Controllers having a pretend Mouse Cursor as their navigational control in the Menus - but there isn't anything here that constitutes as a Bug. without a Cursor to select positions you want to interact with yourself, having the Chat Window open and ready to type in... means the background won't be in Focus.

just like if you have one Application in Focus in Windows, you can't type in another Application because that is the currently active one.

yes your point is valid but may i point out that its the Chat in the background and extract/fight in the foreground and as the op stated it does make defences a chore sorry But i disagree this can be consider a bug as the extract button is in fact the FRONT choice not the back so I would agree with the OP that this is in fact a bug

5 hours ago, (PS4)temipaulwastaken said:

Yeah this isn't a big and what if you wanted to tell your friend to stay another wave then you press sqaure or X depending on you platform then you end up extracting

yes but the chat window does in fact clash as said above its in the background cancelling out the extract screen

41 minutes ago, (PS4)HaRrY-Uk_Y said:

yes your point is valid but may i point out that its the Chat in the background and extract/fight in the foreground and as the op stated it does make defences a chore sorry But i disagree this can be consider a bug as the extract button is in fact the FRONT choice not the back so I would agree with the OP that this is in fact a bug

if that is the case, then the 'Bug' is that Chat isn't layering on top of the Extract menu like it is supposed to.

which i guess does count as one.

Edited by taiiat

It can be impossible to close out chat. A worse problem exists with fissure runs. Then you can’t make a choice and pick another relic for the next phase.

In general menus are buggy as heck. I've enountered lock ups during weapon selection or mod install or mod station actions.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

On 08/03/2018 at 1:36 AM, taiiat said:

if that is the case, then the 'Bug' is that Chat isn't layering on top of the Extract menu like it is supposed to.

which i guess does count as one.

Yes i believe you're right if we were just able to close the chat before pressing Square or required button to have the extract/fight/select relic then that would be great :D