Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XB1 Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.13.2

[DE]Megan

Although there are some notable and worthwhile improvements and enjoyable features to be found in this latest update, it seems many can't help but feel they have to take its benefits with a pinch of salt.

Sure the new Teralyst enemies, cosmetic additions and typographic improvements make for new entertaining content, but for all the statistical enhancements to various mechanical features there does also seem to be noteworthy constriction in other areas too. With specific reference to Warframe stat changes for the likes of Ember, Chroma and Banshee.

Some players, like myself, have spent not only a considerable about of game time, but money as well to obtain Warframes like Ember Prime and towards developing builds that function in a way that makes them enjoyable and easy to play with. However now, even with using maximum level primed mods for base energy quantity, efficiency and duration, my Ember Prime completely runs out of energy within 10 seconds (timed) of activating its 4th ability. I bought a Prime access pack to specifically use Ember so that I could better enjoy the game when I find myself having to face higher level missions solo, but now I find it virtually unusable. There's no entertaining factor in not being able to survive or complete more difficult missions due to developers wanting to 'shake things up'.

So when the developers ask 'is this fun?' and then decide to make considerable changes after such a long time of community enjoyment, the only logical consequence to be understood is that in trying to eliminate the 'sacrificing of personalisation and diversity', they are only encouraging the very issue they seek to prevent. By forcing players to accept a change like this without first proposing or discussing its desirability to the community effectively, it only fuels a need to choose something 'better' just to get them through a level they find too difficult to complete when using their preferred arsenal of choice (should it not be sufficient enough to tackle the task in hand.)

I've personally spent a few weeks trying to develop builds for frames like Ember Prime and Chroma that will allow me to tackle things like level 60+ Sortie missions (of which I have not yet been able to do successfully yet). With all these new changes, all of the work I have put in now essentially accounts for nothing. From what I have read in forums and seen vlogged about on youtube since these changes were first made available to PC users, the majority of the Warframe communities agree in thinking such monumental changes only prove detrimental to the games enjoyment for a considerable number of players. I certainly don't speak for everyone in the Warframe community, but from what I've witnessed the general consensus since this update has been enacted is that there has been a greater preference to retract these new changes than there was originally calls for them to be brought about. With many players now having to opt for Warframes they don't necessarily enjoy playing with simply to see them through a mission now that their preferred Warframe of choice has been inhibited by the latest stat alterations. 

Now I don't expect my words will be taken into serious consideration as I'm sure many would interpret them as a voice of vexation, however to completely reorientate the ways in which Warframes and their abilities function in game, is almost ridiculous in how restricting the gameplay can then become for some (especially newer) players in terms of efficient accessibility. I can appreciate developers wanting to balance things out for the sake of intended game flow, but when so many people feel overlooked in a game with such high incorporation of 'fan-service', it does call in to question the relevant benefit of such updated features and whether or not they are worth it in the long-run. 

Obviously not everyone can be kept happy whenever changes are made. However when things have worked in a particular way (successfully) for such a long time, one can only wonder if the overall experience of the game is subject to deteriorate when many players are essentially evicted from their comfort zone as far as play style is concerned. Sure players can adapt and change how they play, but what matters is that they're given a fair choice on the matter first. Changes like this opt for objectivity over that of neutrality. 

At least, it's something to think about in the future. 

All in all this was a good update, so thank you DE. Although in most respects it does almost feel as though it panders to the more experienced players than that of newcomers.

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oddity92 said:

Although there are some notable and worthwhile improvements and enjoyable features to be found in this latest update, it seems many can't help but feel they have to take its benefits with a pinch of salt.

Sure the new Teralyst enemies, cosmetic additions and typographic improvements make for new entertaining content, but for all the statistical enhancements to various mechanical features there does also seem to be noteworthy constriction in other areas too. With specific reference to Warframe stat changes for the likes of Ember, Chroma and Banshee.

Some players, like myself, have spent not only a considerable about of game time, but money as well to obtain Warframes like Ember Prime and towards developing builds that function in a way that makes them enjoyable and easy to play with. However now, even with using maximum level primed mods for base energy quantity, efficiency and duration, my Ember Prime completely runs out of energy within 10 seconds (timed) of activating its 4th ability. I bought a Prime access pack to specifically use Ember so that I could better enjoy the game when I find myself having to face higher level missions solo, but now I find it virtually unusable. There's no entertaining factor in not being able to survive or complete more difficult missions due to developers wanting to 'shake things up'.

So when the developers ask 'is this fun?' and then decide to make considerable changes after such a long time of community enjoyment, the only logical consequence to be understood is that in trying to eliminate the 'sacrificing of personalisation and diversity', they are only encouraging the very issue they seek to prevent. By forcing players to accept a change like this without first proposing or discussing its desirability to the community effectively, it only fuels a need to choose something 'better' just to get them through a level they find too difficult to complete when using their preferred arsenal of choice (should it not be sufficient enough to tackle the task in hand.)

I've personally spent a few weeks trying to develop builds for frames like Ember Prime and Chroma that will allow me to tackle things like level 60+ Sortie missions (of which I have not yet been able to do successfully yet). With all these new changes, all of the work I have put in now essentially accounts for nothing. From what I have read in forums and seen vlogged about on youtube since these changes were first made available to PC users, the majority of the Warframe communities agree in thinking such monumental changes only prove detrimental to the games enjoyment for a considerable number of players. I certainly don't speak for everyone in the Warframe community, but from what I've witnessed the general consensus since this update has been enacted is that there has been a greater preference to retract these new changes than there was originally calls for them to be brought about. With many players now having to opt for Warframes they don't necessarily enjoy playing with simply to see them through a mission now that their preferred Warframe of choice has been inhibited by the latest stat alterations. 

Now I don't expect my words will be taken into serious consideration as I'm sure many would interpret them as a voice of vexation, however to completely reorientate the ways in which Warframes and their abilities function in game, is almost ridiculous in how restricting the gameplay can then become for some (especially newer) players in terms of efficient accessibility. I can appreciate developers wanting to balance things out for the sake of intended game flow, but when so many people feel overlooked in a game with such high incorporation of 'fan-service', it does call in to question the relevant benefit of such updated features and whether or not they are worth it in the long-run. 

Obviously not everyone can be kept happy whenever changes are made. However when things have worked in a particular way (successfully) for such a long time, one can only wonder if the overall experience of the game is subject to deteriorate when many players are essentially evicted from their comfort zone as far as play style is concerned. Sure players can adapt and change how they play, but what matters is that they're given a fair choice on the matter first. Changes like this opt for objectivity over that of neutrality. 

At least, it's something to think about in the future. 

All in all this was a good update, so thank you DE. Although in most respects it does almost feel as though it panders to the more experienced players than that of newcomers.

Did you go full strength for ember with high energy cost? I was dreading the update after the many complaints about energy running out so fast, but I went to see how bad it is and my build was efficiency/firequake and now uses only 6 energy at 100% from 3 at the start. Not as bad as I expected. Now I must go and see what has happened to chroma :/

On 3/6/2018 at 11:03 AM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Required points per tier are now 50/75/100.
  • Increased the required Index points from 25/50/100 to 50/100/200

So I have a question. Why are there two different bullet points here that are both talking about changing how many points you need to win the wager in the index. Now that the patch is live I know that the first bullet point is the correct change to the required points to win the wager. But where did the second bullet point come from? Was that an idea for the change of the index points that was later thought to be too much or?

@[DE]Megan Can we get a review of what are the button mappings for the Advanced Map controls?  The zoom in / zoom out actions refer to buttons that don't exist on an Xbox One controller, and the introductory text for that section refers to a different platform.

If anyone has been able to open the Advanced Map, can you tell me what the corresponding controller binding action name is called in Options?  I haven't modified the "directional pad up" binding specifically from its default, but I was only able to place waypoints in the Plains, even if I tapped it repeatedly or held it down, and I haven't had a chance to investigate further.

1 minute ago, [DE]Megan said:

March 8th Hotfix #1 is now live!

The meat of this Hotfix is under the scenes stuff for upcoming Anniversary celebrations - stay tuned! 

• Fixed Chat appearing blurry when switching to small font.

What are the dates for Anniversary dates?

OK so the issues Ive encountered thus far,

1. chat box freezes in the orbiter. i go to a relay and its fixed, happens a lot

2. the alter for the 3 cap night glitches out so you cant sacrifice your shard to enter the next phase of the fight.

Other than that this update for me at lease is what was needed for me to play again on a regular basis.

TY DE

On ‎8‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:17 AM, (XB1)cubeof11 said:

@[DE]Megan Can we get a review of what are the button mappings for the Advanced Map controls?  The zoom in / zoom out actions refer to buttons that don't exist on an Xbox One controller, and the introductory text for that section refers to a different platform.

If anyone has been able to open the Advanced Map, can you tell me what the corresponding controller binding action name is called in Options?  I haven't modified the "directional pad up" binding specifically from its default, but I was only able to place waypoints in the Plains, even if I tapped it repeatedly or held it down, and I haven't had a chance to investigate further.

We need to hold the map button for a second to use the new things. Just pressing makes it comes up like the old still.

I'm impressed with how you guys at DE have managed to improve Zephyr and Atlas without utterly betraying their original design. Seeing how extreme some players' suggestions were I was worried that you might end up listening and catering to the wrong crowd. But nope! Zephyr, especially, is unbelievably more fun, useful, and responsive thanks to this update. 

Archived