Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are consoles ever going to get HDR?

I'm also dying for the official support of HDR on the PS4.

I got a PS4 Pro in Janurary, and while Warframe does run better on it, I don't think it's getting to the level of 4K fidelity that PC does. I can go to the Youtube App on the PS4, find a 4K gameplay video of Warframe, and notice that it just looks a lot better.

My guess is that HDR implementation for Consoles has been forgotten.

If DE wanted to, they would've implemented it on PC first.  But HDR on PC games is not really a thing yet it seems?  Or not worth the effort.

As for PS4 Pro/Xbox One X optimizations, it could be done offering better framerates or resolutions but I don't think they have the manpower to do so.

My prediction?  Wait for the PS5.... :)

Edited by (PS4)vinster
typo

5 minutes ago, (PS4)blackbeltdude7 said:

I'm also dying for the official support of HDR on the PS4.

I got a PS4 Pro in Janurary, and while Warframe does run better on it, I don't think it's getting to the level of 4K fidelity that PC does. I can go to the Youtube App on the PS4, find a 4K gameplay video of Warframe, and notice that it just looks a lot better.

What bugs me most is that you can't go lower than 30 contrast without putting a smoke-like hue over the whole screen. I generally rock 60-70 brightness and 30-40 contrast with 30 bloom and some levels look phenomenal and some look like discolored WIP levels. Since going lower than 30 changes the whole screen, and that's where the sweet spot is, I guess we just gotta wait until HDR, if that ever comes...

4 minutes ago, (PS4)vinster said:

My guess is that HDR implementation for Consoles has been forgotten.

If DE wanted to, they would've implemented it on PC first.  But HDR on PC games is not really a thing yet it seems?  Or not worth the effort.

As for PS4 Pro/Xbox One X optimizations, it could be done offering better framerates or resolutions but I don't think they have the manpower to do so.

My prediction?  Wait for the PS5.... :)

Yeah at this point I guess that's the only option. C'mon E3. Then again if the Pro version is any indication of the PS5 version we might be in trouble

I say this as an AMD guy, the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X don't have remotely the same hardware. I don't care what Sony claims, the only console out right now capable of HDR at high res and decent FPS is the One X. If I had to guess as to the reason for the delay, it's that DE is waiting for the PS5 which will have modern hardware.

8 hours ago, (Xbox One)Fyrwulf said:

I say this as an AMD guy, the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X don't have remotely the same hardware. I don't care what Sony claims, the only console out right now capable of HDR at high res and decent FPS is the One X. If I had to guess as to the reason for the delay, it's that DE is waiting for the PS5 which will have modern hardware.

You obviously have no idea what HDR is or does. Even the base PS4 does HDR. It's just a wider range of colors. It does not take any massive amount of computational power to do lol