The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The starting frames need to change

Gree26

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

True, and not only that, but it takes some players forever to figure out they even had abilities to begin with. (Not that I was.. One of those players, or.. anything.. eh-heh.) Mag is more one of those kind of frames that requires a bit more knowledge into what you're doing. Excalibur is a much more simple, yet heavily iconic character in Warframe. Volt is the same, very simple, yet can be made to be very strong.

Yep, which is exactly why Mag should not be a starter frame.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

Oh god, firing her arrows with her first ability are terrible. You have to swap to the arrow, then you gotta hold it, and hope for dear god it doesn't swap to a different arrow.

I don't have any problems doing them with my controller.  Then again i have had A LOT of practice so i might not be a good reference for how difficult it can be.  I can easily see how a new player could have problems with that mechanic in the heat of battle.  

Just now, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

I agree. Personally, never really liked Mag in general. But if we're talking who's the cutest frame.. Rhino~.

What's cute about Rhino? He's far too bulky and that's clearly a padded codpiece to make Rhino seem manlier.

What's cute about an insecure giant, huh? Hmmm, that actually does sound kinda adorable.

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

Rhino with Limbo Noble.

YES. 

Just now, DeMonkey said:

What's cute about Rhino? He's far too bulky and that's clearly a padded codpiece to make Rhino seem manlier.

What's cute about an insecure giant, huh? Hmmm, that actually does sound kinda adorable.

Nope, DeadSin's point just destroyed your arguement. 

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

I don't have any problems doing them with my controller.  Then again i have had A LOT of practice so i might not be a good reference for how difficult it can be.  I can easily see how a new player could have problems with that mechanic in the heat of battle.  

Well, there's the thing; you've got practice, friend. Lol

Just now, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

YES. 

Nope, DeadSin's point just destroyed your arguement. 

Pfft. Rhino with Limbo Noble isn't cute, it's arousing.

And my argument was agreeing with your argument anyway... so, what? :crylaugh:

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yup... that's what it is. A "crush"... yup... >_> <_<

Not commenting on the cute part, I fear that my words will be used against me in the future.

I guess given that the OP failed to present any reasonable arguments and ran away, this thread is now an off topic playground? Whoop.

Apologies if I've gone a bit off-topic and caused anyone any type of uneasiness.  I'm easy-going and fun-loving.

On topic, I can understand the criticism that Mag's playstyle can turn off new players trying to grasp Warframe's concepts and systems.

While not to the extent that Volt is a weapon-augment frame/damage  prevention frame (despite his inaccurate description), she still uses weapons strategically with power stacking to get the job done.

Just now, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Apologies if I've gone a bit off-topic and caused anyone any type of uneasiness.  I'm easy-going and fun-loving.

Nonsense, I wasn't criticising you, there's hardly a topic left to discuss is all. OP wanted Ivara and Rhino as starter frames and failed to counter any proposed counter-arguments, thus they ran away.

No uneasiness either, I'm completely comfortable with how about how I feel about MagPrime and it's been discussed publicly.

Honestly, don't sweat it. S'all good :thumbup:

Although, I don't really get Mag being difficult. Yes she's complex, but none of that complexity is required until later on. Yes projectile+punch through is great for magnetise, but that isn't necessary for a new player. As far as they're going to see the abilities are just varying degrees of AoE.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

You little flirt, monkey.

I resent that accusation. Take it back. I'm a stone cold player, mmkay?

2 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

So that's why you...never mind. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

:shocked:

You mad lad Deadsin.

23 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Nonsense, I wasn't criticising you, there's hardly a topic left to discuss is all. OP wanted Ivara and Rhino as starter frames and failed to counter any proposed counter-arguments, thus they ran away.

No uneasiness either, I'm completely comfortable with how about how I feel about MagPrime and it's been discussed publicly.

Honestly, don't sweat it. S'all good :thumbup:

Although, I don't really get Mag being difficult. Yes she's complex, but none of that complexity is required until later on. Yes projectile+punch through is great for magnetise, but that isn't necessary for a new player. As far as they're going to see the abilities are just varying degrees of AoE.

Getting specific:

These things work against new players seeking that "immediate pay-out" or immersive rush that is needed to bridge the gap and transition them into long-term customers.

1.  Slow cast time requiring rare mods to compensate (Natural Talent)  Even pull relocates targets that slows weapon damage.

2.  Low survivability (health/armor)

3.  Lack of a (thematic) power punch.  Crush is slow, with a vulnerable cast time,  and lacks payoff (visually AND damage-wise) without other powers.  Synergy with power stacking needed.

Now let's compare to Volt and Excaliber.

1. Volt can Spam Speed for melee boost AND movement and shock.

Excaliber's Ultimate is "Swoosh"tacular.

2.  Volt has 2 types of invulnerable shields, shock and can add Capacitance for AoE stun and overshields.

Excaliber has LoS Radial Blind, high armor/health.

3.  Excal annihilates maps with ninja-blade energy waves.  He is the exalted space ninja-warrior poster boy. All of his powers are effective on their own, but work well in concert.

Volt can lock down maps with his Discharge.  All his powers work separately or in concert.  He is equal parts DC flash, Lightning Samurai/Spartan and Sith Lord.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73