The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The starting frames need to change

Gree26

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I want an Ammo Drum too.

Amateurs...I want to be gifted the new chrome Tennogen Saryn skin yet to be released.

If you can't handle waiting to gift me that but still want to prove your worth as a REAL Warframe player, then gift me the Nyx Carnifex or Graxx Vauban/Harrow Tennogen.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Amateurs...I want to be gifted the new chrome Tennogen Saryn skin yet to be released.

If you can't handle waiting to gift me that but still want to prove your worth as a REAL Warframe player, then gift me the Nyx Carnifex or Graxx Vauban/Harrow Tennogen.

Already got both the Harrow and Vauban Graxx skin. Get on my level, kiddo.

hace 17 horas, EndermanBeast dijo:

That just happens with your friends. I chose Volt, and stayed with him up until about Eris on the star chart with my MK1-Kunai (I thought it was the best weapon ever and that it was amazing, don’t judge me). No forma either, but I kept with him, because he was perfect. He wasn’t complicated in anyway possible, actually he was too easy for me. 

Excalibur on the other hand, uses 4. And then maybe 1 if they have a max range build but still. I died much more with Excalibur than Volt

Here I am calling bs. I chose volt as my starter, and even with decent survivability mods and a decent knowledge of his kit I couldn't do 2 missions in Saturn without burning all my revives. Volt's base 15 armor is laughable, and he dies to a stiff breeze, save from the napalms, bombards, and hyekka masters. His 1 is decent and kinda helps in a pinch, his 2 does nothing for survivability unless you can somehow dodge hitscan bullets, his 3 helps a little but only in 1 spot, so in missions like capture and exterminate you're going to have to leave shield (picking up shield takes a laughably high amount of energy, so that's not viable for a new player), and his 4 is his saving grace but takes about a quarter of your energy if you have a maxed flow (which isn't guaranteed by Saturn either). Mag is fine, if not only for the fact you can just 1 your way to win early, and excal is basically the gold standard of starter frames.

Also, I stuck with my mk1 braton for almost the whole star chart, and had to give it up at Saturn because the armor of enemies there is very high for low level players

18 hours ago, Gree26 said:

No, to a new player the are just squishy. You have to admit mags abilities are not a good learning tool for a new player. Volt requires a duration mods to make him anywhere usable, especially when you don't have any survivability mods 

None of those things are true for new players at the start of the game. By the time any of that is relevant they will have more mods and experience.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

Already got both the Harrow and Vauban Graxx skin. Get on my level, kiddo.

Don't make me GO TENNOWIN ON YOU.  We Volt players are notoriously self-absorbed FF endgamers.

Love that Vauban Graxx.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

19 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Why aren't they good starting frames?

They're fairly up front in their abilities and offer late game options for niche builds. 

Very true late game wise however upfront isnt what i would say, mag and volt have pretty misleading discriptions and unlike volt and excalibur mag has the most complex ability synergy, but also the drops are a bit of a problem, why pick volt when u can get him instantly at the dojo and original exaclibur would be gotten on pluto ( which made no sense)  im not a fan of mag being a starter since between the 3 she has no real viability early on while volt and excalibur are plenty strong at the start. Overall i say keep excal, i could go 50/50 on volt and change mag to a support frame or tank theres no reason we need 2 casters and a dps.

It maybe best to only offer Excalibur as a starter frame to normalise the new player experience and guarantee a smooth entry. I would not see it as too much of a restriction since new players can get new frames pretty easily from various bosses. Offering different frames to choose from at the start just opens a can of worm with hardly any tangible benefit.

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

Send him a bunch of pictures of cats.

"Cats"

24 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Now the real question is,

Reveal hidden contents

Will the picture have sunshine in it or not. That’s the real question right there that we need to figure out. :clem:

Oh, good idea!

52 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Very true late game wise however upfront isnt what i would say, mag and volt have pretty misleading discriptions and unlike volt and excalibur mag has the most complex ability synergy, but also the drops are a bit of a problem, why pick volt when u can get him instantly at the dojo and original exaclibur would be gotten on pluto ( which made no sense)  im not a fan of mag being a starter since between the 3 she has no real viability early on while volt and excalibur are plenty strong at the start. Overall i say keep excal, i could go 50/50 on volt and change mag to a support frame or tank theres no reason we need 2 casters and a dps.

This is gonna come across as snarky but...

Just because you don't like the frame or understand it, doesn't mean it's bad. 

Edited by MagPrime

A lot of people keep saying Mag and Volt are bad for new players and yet, there are several people who had those when they were new saying it's not as bad as it's being made out.

Maybe the assumption that new players are idiots, incapable of reading, reasoning or thinking is the primary issue and not the Warframes.

Edited by MagPrime

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Maybe the assumption that new players are idiots, incapable of reading, reasoning or thinking is the primary issue and not the Warframes.

Now we have gotten to the root of the topic.  I truly believe that you're on to something MP.