Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Punchthrough-mod cost needs to be reduced

Telogor

Ever since 2013, Metal Auger has been a worse version of Shred.  For a much higher capacity cost, you can have a bit more punchthrough and still not have the fire rate bonus provided by Shred.  Then, you added Seeking Fury, which is like Seeking Force, but costs less and has a bonus to reload speed.  Finally, you added Primed Shred, which, for the same cost as a maxed Metal Auger, provides a hair more punchthrough and +50% fire rate.

The capacity costs for Metal Auger, Seeking Force, and Seeker need to be decreased to 7 or less at max rank.  Right now, they're some of the least efficient mods in the game just because of the insane cost and the existence of much better dual-stat variants.

the only issue is Primed Shred, with Vigilante Offense also being questionable - Shred and Seeking Fury are equally different options from the dedicated Mods.

full Punch-Through Mods are expensive because they should be. because the effect is very powerful.

Edited by taiiat

8 minutes ago, Telogor said:

The capacity costs for Metal Auger, Seeking Force, and Seeker need to be decreased to 7 or less at max rank.  Right now, they're some of the least efficient mods in the game just because of the insane cost and the existence of much better dual-stat variants.

I think 11 would be fair enough as it still grants more PunchThrough than mixed versions but those 4 less points to its cost will make a very big difference.

I feel the same way, OP. The differences between the two types of mods is not that steep, but the differences between the mod costs is crazy when you consider that one provides a significant quality of life bonus (in the form of a solid fire rate buff) and the other just has a bit of a higher number. At the very least, they should cost the same, but it'd be nicer if the dedicated mods costed less. The difference between 1 meter of punchthrough and 2 meters is seriously almost unnoticeable unless you're trying to shoot through thick walls, but being as that's stupid to do because barring very specific instances, you can't see enemies that way, it makes almost literally zero difference. 

I'd also like to throw out that there is no alternative to a secondary weapon punchthrough mod whatsoever. It's either using the ridiculously expensive one or having none at all (unless you get superbly lucky with a riven). Frankly, it's kind of annoying. 

I agree. There are a few mods that could use adjustments imo, particularly the raw status mods.

And, I think it would be good if secondaries got a punch through + (something else) mod as the rifles and shotguns have. Perhaps toxin for the second stat?

Edited by Neightrix

I wish they would just make Punchthrough innate on every (non explosive) weapon. That would save me a mod slot on most weapons right there.

Impossible wishes aside: Secondary weapons badly need a nightmare mod. Punchthrough + Multishot/Crit rate/Ammo mutation? Something different at least.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Cynicaid said:

Secondary weapons badly need a nightmare mod. Punchthrough + Multishot/Crit rate/Ammo mutation?

+60% Toxin damage would be great, we've got all other elements covered with Wildfire & Blaze / Chilling Reload / Focus Energy.

# edit #

Wait, I forgot about Ice Storm ... which only has +40% Cold unlike the rest, what the Hek. DE, fix it fix it fix it :heart:

Edited by NinjaZeku

13 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I disagree, same mod slot cost but add another meter of punch through.

They'd still be useless and overpriced.  Extra punchthrough, as I said in the OP, is almost never useful.

14 hours ago, Telogor said:

They'd still be useless and overpriced.  Extra punchthrough, as I said in the OP, is almost never useful.

In corpus ships with maxed shred and maxed metal auger i can shoot through thick walls and wreck everything on the other side. Also in poe canshoot through boulders... Pretty fun.