Frost passive change.

IfritKajiTora

Right now frost passive is kinda useless. On higher content even one melee hit can kill you and % chance that it will freeze an enemy is really small.

Frost passive should make him immune to one melee attack and freeze enemy for 4 seconds, cooldown 12 seconds.

This will be a lot more useful, because when an enemy will take you from behind and tries to hit you with melee, it will protect you from first melee hit. That one mistake can't kill you on higher level content.

I like the idea of the 1st hit being a sure-fire thing, always freezing. Maybe each subsequent melee attacker you freeze within a certain amount of time using this passive would lower the chance of  subsequent melee attackers becoming frozen.

in pvp the stats could stay the same as they are now.

Maybe it could work in the opposite manner instead, ramping up with consecutive melee attacks

when his passive does trigger, he lets of steam, giving him a little freezing aura.

While I do think this would be good, I can't see it happening. DE don't do passive damage mitigation. I mean, they don't do that at all, they've said it's not even on the table for discussion. All actual prevention or even just reduction in damage has to be active, or have a cost of some kind, like a mod slot, energy, bringing an ally... that kind of thing.

I do think Frost's passive should be better, I just know that it won't be 'negate one instance of damage'. How about a Coolant Leak style of base slow on enemies within a certain small range? That range being conveniently the distance where an enemy will initiate a melee attack ^^

1 minute ago, Thaylien said:

How about a Coolant Leak style of base slow on enemies within a certain small range? That range being conveniently the distance where an enemy will initiate a melee attack ^^

Great minds eh. I would hope it’s better then violent leak though, since he’s an ice warframe and not a leaky sentinel.

Archived