Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This year so far...

[DE]Rebecca

Waw so many deep space black holes kissers for the fact that she said actually nothing. The the whole "weapon rebalance, much work" is not an excuse, that was something that should have not happened. Btw any veteran will tell you what is wrong with all the weapons in the game in less then 2 hours. And of course you relesed a lot of Fashion Frame, there is where the real money is and you were testing the market for the 1st trimester.

Bad behaviour from "nice" (we know is marketing done right) people is still bad behaviour.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

So far this year, we have revised and iterated on more content than ever before. We've made cuts, changes usability of content, revisions of systems, and adjusted a significant amount of Weapons and Warframes. We've done this because in many ways you've wanted us to. Reviewing all the Update notes since our first 2018 deployment on PC on January 4th, it's a bit mental how much we've changed.

And we plan to continue changing. Kuva in the Kuva Fortress (with a pending Dev Workshop)? Login 2.0? Focus Changes? We're working on continuing our way down the list.

That's great and all but how about finishing off some of the stuff you started changing already like finishing off the reworks to the warframes that you've done recently.  You've left some in a worse state than before all while not fixing banshee and ember's 'problems' you set out to fix. 

And to be honest, some of the stuff you've shown in devstream has been taking far too long to be released imo... just look at how long ago umbra was 'announced' (and I'm now expecting release at tennocon as a 'big reveal).   Then you've got khora which was basically just announced and then 'delayed' and instead of it being worked on got put to one side...

Updating old weapons to not suck is like getting dozens of new weapons. I really can't complain, having too much fun mowing down Grineer with a Prisma Gorgon and frying Corpus robots with the Amprex. I just hope you continue updating some of the lower MR weapons by providing higher MR versions. Still crossing my fingers for a Prisma Javlok or a Brakk Wraith.

I just want to say thank you for how you decided to change things up this year by revisiting older content instead of just hoping that enough new content would just satisfy everyone. 

Just to add this, the Stug did not receive any changes and I'm still wondering if this is intentional or just an oversight.

I wouldn't worry too much about what you're doing, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Either you're releasing too many things and should be focusing on older content, or you're focusing too much on older content and should be releasing new things. You can't win.

Honestly, this year has felt a bit more "new" so far than some of 2017.  So much has changed, and so many weapons are actual options now, that rediscovering them is much more engaging than just get handed new stuff and knowing that it will probably be good.  I'm not saying that you should focus only on revamping things, but that rebalances and reworks have brought a lot of interesting weapons that have been gathering dust to the spotlight.  Thank you, DE, for taking the time to address past issues, even when it isn't the most exciting thing to do, it makes Warframe much better as a whole.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't, but this year so far has been a bit different. While Fashion Frame has seen no shortage of content, something is different. We haven't released a single new weapon or Warframe yet this year (Khora soon TM?).
This Dev Workshop (which is more of a diary entry) is just to briefly provide some context to what we've released. You may find yourself asking 'when are we getting new Tenno Reinforcements?', and you might want a more detailed answer than 'soon'.

just the fact that you are willing to openly talk to us about this and how it had been different from the norm and communicating that some people in the community might be concerned just shows how great DE and everyone is. It is stuff like this that makes me want to continue to support this great company 

thank you again for the great work you guys do, your Rockstars!!!

frankly the weapon changes kinda just flew past me, I can't be bothered to pick up weapons I've already mastered and discarded just to give them a second shot I have my few favorite guns and pretty much the only thing that shakes that up is when a new weapon comes out so this has been the first year in a wile that I've barely played at all. I mean I've had a passing interest in picking up the flux rifle or something but you have to build it then potato then put five or six forma in the thing and thats just a lot of mindless grinding for a weapon I may not even like. weapon balances are fine, a good thing.

but please don't leave us high and dry in terms of new frames and weapons. That steady drip of content is what keeps man of us coming back.

You guys are doing a great job! Please don't let the negativity of some salty players get to you. I'm loving the changes you've made to the older weapons. You really are making the game a lot more fun. Thanks for that. Take your time with Khora and the new weapons :)

10 minutes ago, zephyr_infinity said:

frankly the weapon changes kinda just flew past me, I can't be bothered to pick up weapons I've already mastered and discarded just to give them a second shot I have my few favorite guns and pretty much the only thing that shakes that up is when a new weapon comes out

Pretty much the same as me, I've re-built one beam weapon which I'd discarded (amprex) and am adding forma to it out of a combination of boredom and curiosity but in all honesty I can't be bothered to do it to any others after trying the amprex... I'm mr25, I really don't feel like going back and doing all the 'reworked' weapons again 'just in case' one has been made 'good enough' to compete with my usual weapons. 

Oh and I forgot to say about the login rework... I really hope DE don't screw it up so that those of us nearly at their next reward (I'm heading to 700 and the sigma & octantis) need to do extra days because it's been 'reset' to zero.

Like a lot of people, I literally did not notice we have got no new weapons this year. Patching and Buffing old weapons is a fantastic alternative, especially because it gives us entire weapon classes to try as oppose to a few new toys. Thanks guys and keep it up!

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't, but this year so far has been a bit different. While Fashion Frame has seen no shortage of content, something is different. We haven't released a single new weapon or Warframe yet this year (Khora soon TM?).
This Dev Workshop (which is more of a diary entry) is just to briefly provide some context to what we've released. You may find yourself asking 'when are we getting new Tenno Reinforcements?', and you might want a more detailed answer than 'soon'.

So far this year, we have revised and iterated on more content than ever before. We've made cuts, changes usability of content, revisions of systems, and adjusted a significant amount of Weapons and Warframes. We've done this because in many ways you've wanted us to. Reviewing all the Update notes since our first 2018 deployment on PC on January 4th, it's a bit mental how much we've changed.

And we plan to continue changing. Kuva in the Kuva Fortress (with a pending Dev Workshop)? Login 2.0? Focus Changes? We're working on continuing our way down the list.

So how long will it take? When we will we add new gear? When will the seemingly endless list of Devstream reveals release?
Well, we don't know. We have gotten out of the habit of sharing dates, but this post serves a different purpose. I've just returned from a vacation and I myself am wondering the progress on all the many things we've talked about, and it's simple to see one thing: we're making great progress this year.

Get ready to enjoy some 5 year anniversary celebrations this month, and we'll see you next Devstream (possibly earlier in this sub-forum with a Kuva Dev Workshop!)!

Wear your sunscreen on the Plains, Tenno!

:)

Hopefully the Melee audit is on that list. (Big Scythes)

The primary, secondary, and beam changes have been great.

3 hours ago, Aeiroth said:

No new stuff is completely fine because we got a bunch of old stuff updated instead to make it feel fresh and new. I truly do not mind having more of this.

Me too; I definitely love the focus on polish. No complaints for listening to what we've asked you to do.

Archived