Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This year so far...

[DE]Rebecca

While you're revisiting Kuva in Kuva fortress thing I believe that it is also necessary to address the randomness of Rivens. Farming Kuva for hours only to be rewarded with no progress (by getting terrible re-rolls) isn't the most fun thing to do.

I have noticed that. It is funny I actually spoke of this today in my clan chat that for the first time since the beginnig there has not been a single new gear added into the game in 2, soon 4 months. Skins yes but they don't replace gear. As others have suggested here however, it hasn't fel that bad because you've been revisiting old content giving plenty new life to it. I think it shows potential and value that it dies not have to be 1 way street. Still, though... gimne Khora! :p

Oh and weolcome back Rebecca, I hope you had a wonderful vacation.

Warframe is down three raids, this sounds like it would be a net loss for any multiplayer online game, yet it is celebrated here as some kind of victory. Weapon re-balances should take place every patch as new weapons are released into the environment, instead they are re-balanced after literal years of being trash, then left with the new stats for even more years. Arcane system rework crashed the arcane economy and now is just another layer of modding. 

IDK what this workshop is about, but it seems like most of the things on the list of things to do are items that should have been incorporated when they were released. The Kuva fortress was a HUGE asset that is neglected, and the AW functionality of it is not even workable. This is a failure on implementation. All of the things on the list represent items that were implemented in a way that left them incomplete. 

On top of that, the bundle released today was just reused Corvas assets and cost more than the Octavia Deluxe package. 

Had a great time testing out all the weapon and warframe changes and am excited to see the next round of changes. Should be great. I know a bunch of streamers etc are apparently burning out but -.- if all youre doing is the same stuff over and over is that really the games fault?

I for one am far happier with life being breathed into so much content from a systemic standpoint with all the weapon and frame revisions, than I would have ever been with a couple of new items. New toys are usually nice, but getting to fall in love with old favorites all over again is amazing.

A single fried chicken frame was all the blood sacrifice this year's bounty so far needed? Praise the old gods! 

What about : 

- Status rework (at least physical damage)

- Dojo/clan  add (like unlocking bonus with the lvl of the clan, new room, decorations, etc)

- kingpin

- new mission type witch can be played with more than 4 players (rip trial)

Really appreciate the team being on top with addressing community concerns. The recent changes and revamps have been fantastic but it is true that there has been something that's lacking so far this year. Getting Khora, the Grineer Tank boss and an Endless Kuva mission would definitely be a good injection of content to tide us over till the Sacrifice and Venus Landscape comes out.

Warframe Touch Up Suggestions

Ember

EDIT: Probably should've added this but Ember is probably the warframe that's in the worst spot. She could do with a major revamp. I guess she kind of always needed this, even back when she had Overheat. For comparison, look at Oberon's Hallowed Ground (can be built for massive ranged CC and damage overtime) and then look at Ember's Fire Blast. (one time knockback with weird donut-shaped firewall) Also should consider that she's a damage frame without the scaling conveniences of future, better designed frames. (Nidus, Atlas, Gara, etc)

Zephyr

Zephyr could also use a slight touch up. Remove Hover and give infinite Aim Glide as passive which will basically be a more intuitive hover. Also improve Tornado's vacuum a bit more so enemies don't fall out of it. It's far better than before but it could still use more.

Atlas

Also add melee scaling to Atlas' Tectonics Boulder so it'll be a ranged, slower version of Landslide.

Hydroid

Also also, maybe give Hydroid's Undertow tentacle pull an easier control scheme? Something like Mesa's Peacemaker instead of needed to precisely aim at each enemy, you can hold down in the general direction of the enemy.

Mag

One last also, maybe look at making Mag's Pull more consistent? Mag is in a pretty good spot now thanks to the recent changes but her Pull tends to send enemies past Magnetize instead of in it. One part of the problem is that the distance enemies are thrown isn't fixed but is affected by Power Strength.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't, but this year so far has been a bit different. While Fashion Frame has seen no shortage of content, something is different. We haven't released a single new weapon or Warframe yet this year (Khora soon TM?).
This Dev Workshop (which is more of a diary entry) is just to briefly provide some context to what we've released. You may find yourself asking 'when are we getting new Tenno Reinforcements?', and you might want a more detailed answer than 'soon'.

So far this year, we have revised and iterated on more content than ever before. We've made cuts, changes usability of content, revisions of systems, and adjusted a significant amount of Weapons and Warframes. We've done this because in many ways you've wanted us to. Reviewing all the Update notes since our first 2018 deployment on PC on January 4th, it's a bit mental how much we've changed.

And we plan to continue changing. Kuva in the Kuva Fortress (with a pending Dev Workshop)? Login 2.0? Focus Changes? We're working on continuing our way down the list.

So how long will it take? When we will we add new gear? When will the seemingly endless list of Devstream reveals release?
Well, we don't know. We have gotten out of the habit of sharing dates, but this post serves a different purpose. I've just returned from a vacation and I myself am wondering the progress on all the many things we've talked about, and it's simple to see one thing: we're making great progress this year.

Get ready to enjoy some 5 year anniversary celebrations this month, and we'll see you next Devstream (possibly earlier in this sub-forum with a Kuva Dev Workshop!)!

Wear your sunscreen on the Plains, Tenno!

:)

Sorry Rebecca, but with that title I was expecting a list of specifics about what has been done this year.  That would have been interesting.  Unfortunately there is nothing in your post, a little pointless actually.  Sorry to be harsh, hope your break was fun and you’re fully recharged.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)iCuWIT4iiii said:

LOG-IN 2.0 IS SO UNFAIR :thumbdown:I JUST HIT LOG-IN DAY 730. I WORKED HARD FOR THAT, TO THINK SOMEONE CAN JUMP AHEAD THAT BY TAKING A SHORT CUT IS SO UNFAIR. I'M NOT A FAN.

Don't believe its an attempt to undermine your loyally logging in so far, but rather offer distinct paths for those that have not yet gotten those login rewards.

You may find yourself asking 'when are we getting new Tenno Reinforcements?', and you might want a more detailed answer than 'soon'.

Honestly, I'm just glad the devs are finally slowing down on releasing new content and placing more emphasis on polishing and fixing existing content and making sure that any upcoming new content is up to snuff and working as intended. So kudos for this.

So how long will it take? When we will we add new gear? When will the seemingly endless list of Devstream reveals release?
Well, we don't know.

Take your time and release content / quests when you all honestly feel stuff is ready. Don't worry, loyal players will be patiently waiting for the cool goodies and advancements to the storyline.

We have gotten out of the habit of sharing dates

And that, I think, was/is a smart decision although some people might not agree. Release dates tend to breed expectations and when you don't meet those expectations, by either missing the date or releasing on time with buggy content, you catch flak from the player base for it. Of course it's nice to hear "Hey - we'll be releasing X on Y date", but I'd rather hear about release dates...when X is actually close to be release-worthy.

We don't mind being teased....just don't keep us begging.

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't, but this year so far has been a bit different. While Fashion Frame has seen no shortage of content, something is different. We haven't released a single new weapon or Warframe yet this year (Khora soon TM?).
This Dev Workshop (which is more of a diary entry) is just to briefly provide some context to what we've released. You may find yourself asking 'when are we getting new Tenno Reinforcements?', and you might want a more detailed answer than 'soon'.

So far this year, we have revised and iterated on more content than ever before. We've made cuts, changes usability of content, revisions of systems, and adjusted a significant amount of Weapons and Warframes. We've done this because in many ways you've wanted us to. Reviewing all the Update notes since our first 2018 deployment on PC on January 4th, it's a bit mental how much we've changed.

And we plan to continue changing. Kuva in the Kuva Fortress (with a pending Dev Workshop)? Login 2.0? Focus Changes? We're working on continuing our way down the list.

Well, we don't know. We have gotten out of the habit of sharing dates, but this post serves a different purpose. I've just returned from a vacation and I myself am wondering the progress on all the many things we've talked about, and it's simple to see one thing: we're making great progress this year.

Get ready to enjoy some 5 year anniversary celebrations this month, and we'll see you next Devstream (possibly earlier in this sub-forum with a Kuva Dev Workshop!)!

Wear your sunscreen on the Plains, Tenno!

:)

First of all, welcome back! Those pics on twitter were amazing!

I've never been happier in the history of Warframe. QoL changes and all those weapon revamps made me enjoy the game more than ever. This game has content literally for years, so it's fine to focus on polishing all that instead of releasing so much that a normal working person can't even keep up with xD
This year is my heaven in WF. All my OCD stuff is been taken care of, I use so many more things than before, and I'm just playing for the sheer enjoyment of it.
Thank you so much, keep it up!

1 minute ago, Urlan said:

Don't believe its an attempt to undermine your loyally logging in so far, but rather offer distinct paths for those that have not yet gotten those login rewards.

Its s LOG-IN REWARD not a "cant wait gimme gimme gimme reward" LOG-IN so many days AND THEN get the reward. ITS THAT SIMPLE

1 minute ago, (PS4)iCuWIT4iiii said:

Its s LOG-IN REWARD not a "cant wait gimme gimme gimme reward" LOG-IN so many days AND THEN get the reward. ITS THAT SIMPLE

And it would still be, as it was explained, the only difference would being able to determine which of those rewards that could be claimed are next in that queue per that path.

My biggest issue is the abysmal Hardcore Only Focus system. While I've been wanting the weapon balance/obvious teiring system and new content like the bigger Eidolons, the Focus system is preventing me from playing. So I hope that gets sorted soon, because I got really tired of playing and feeling like I had an entire part of advancement walled off to me because I refuse to play in a boring way that equates much closer to a job rather than entertainment in order to advance. I'd rather big issues like that get sorted out than adding new equipment and frames. But the distressing thing is that it sounds like there's still disagreements about big ticket issues like Focus and that zero progress is being made.

It is REALLY nice to see improvements over just more new stuff, for me at least. New stuff is nice, but a lot of games casually lose track of a lot of the older stuff. I've previously told people that Warframe could see an entire major patch just of balance updates and still be adorably off-kilter, and this is definitely a statement I'd like to see become out of date. I look forward to more refinements in the future!

Archived