Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This year so far...

[DE]Rebecca

@[DE]Rebecca The Warframe team has performed admirably.  The adjustments to weapons were needed.  The development time is needed.  Many may not understand what goes into this mess, and I am included, but I generally have an idea that something as simple as a new weapon requires thousands of man-hours.  Besides, you are on schedule for a major quest, which usually makes your team very quiet for about three months.  Then there is this deluge of content that spills forth.

When you make something for this game that requires such massive efforts create, it is shameful that that content get used and then mothballed (mastery fodder).  I remember when levels had no reason to be visited unless you were just bored.  The Sorties, Relics, Kuva, Collectibles, and more have all given a new reason for players to revisit these tile sets and give true value to the assets that are already there.  This update to these weapons did something similar, giving players more reason to choose a different loadout over the dreaded meta.  In many ways you have released a ton weapons that were already in the game, but largely unnoticed.  That return on the investment of time that some poor programmer and artist spent creating gives them renewed value as an employee, this is just good leadership within your company and I applaud it.  The artist that sees his creations thrown away as trash in the game will not make you masterpieces on demand. 

In summary, thank you for your hard work, looking forward to another crazy year.

-Danjal777

Its going to be my first anniversary with warframe, im really hyped, i wish i had started to play  and support it from start, your passion towards the game inspires me. Thx you DE team for being always humble and for allowing us to dream.

If it's really true that you guys have dropped the content flood to work on long standing balance and gameplay issues, all I can say is I applaud you guys. This is something a lot of long standing players have continued to ask for years now, and you actually committing to that is more than laudable.

As far as I'm concerned, I can wait for new gear if it means the time spent goes towards improving the core game.

Also, @[DE]Rebecca, did you hear anything from @[DE]Grineeer about a third round of warframe adjustments? He mentioned he'd want to take a look at some other frames, time permitting.

41 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I've just returned from a vacation and I myself am wondering the progress on all the many things we've talked about, and it's simple to see one thing: we're making great progress this year.

HEAR HEAR! The changes so far have been wonderous and exciting!

Aside from weapons like Stradavar (low damage), Argonak (low damage), Tenora (that innacuracy during spool-up) and Convectrix (rate of fire mods not affecting convergence and that convergence in general) and Dual Toxocyst (which is just superannoying to use and more stressful due to constant loss of frenzy every time there are no enemies for more than a second or two making it APSOLUTELY not worth using compared to even a lot weaker weapons), I've been enjoying every change I had a chance to test and can't wait to see what you'll do to melee weapons. Hopefully Orthos Prime will recieve a crit or status buff because it's just so mediocre at best.

Welcome back and can't wait to see what comes next from all of you :D

Hopefully frames you have reworked/touched on will get looked at again soon with all the feedback provided by the community opposed to being forgotten about until XYZ time.

But yeah, glad with the changes but there's still a way to go (like scaling etc.).

Honestly @[DE]Rebecca, I don't think anyone would mind if you guys just went back and kept revisiting old content to polish it more. Warframe already has a tremendous amount of weapons, frames, etc. It'd be really nice if the game could under-go a long time of freshening/polishing old content and systems to feel like brand new. I'm very pleased with alot of the weapons atm since the changes (Flux Rifle is my new crush <3). I'm sure other players will likely echo the same sentiments, others might not. Please feel free to keep revisiting old content (Archwings, THE INFESTED ROOM???, Game Modes that barely see play like Arena, Infested Salvage, Hijack, Crossfire, etc). You guys have alot of room to grow existing content, please don't always feel so pressured to keep creating 'new' things when you could go back and polish the old things to feel like brand new. Hopefully you'll keep it up! 

no new content ??? 
what are u guys taking about i goot

100 new weapons 
20 new beam weapons
4 new warframs

now we only need 100 new meeles i hope they recive some rework rebalance mastary tier  and new sound efects

I will be delighted when the game gets content updates again. Or existing content is made more engaging to use, acquire, or try to make usable. So far, this year has been modifying content from yesteryear. I will be interested when more info is available (ETA's, hard details, or summaries) about previously teased, and this year's goals content wise.

Am really glad for all the changes, especially the smoothing out of the weapon progression curve. Finally tying weapon potential to MR was a brilliant change.

Hope this way of iterating on existing  content is kept, as it really gives the players and the developers some much needed breathing room. I felt really bad for all the artists and programmers  that spend time designing a weapon only to have the playerbase label it "mastery fodder" and never touch it, just because of a few numbers.  Now, replaying existing content is less stale , since everyone has a reasonable arsenal to cycle through.

...that being said, I hope I don't sound like a jerk in writing this but....

Why is this in the "Developer Workshop"?

This is a section reserved for developers to elaborate(sometimes in great detail and length) the changes to the game and the reasoning behind them.

This sort of reads like a "Check your entitlement" kinda  post. And ....

Yeah,well,  duh.

Anyone who's ever worked a job can probably deduce that "Spend time going back and working on old stuff --> less time spent designing new stuff"  

Wouldn't this kind of post be better suited for "News and Events" ?

The only thing I'd want right now is to know when/if the Proto-Weapon skins are coming out anytime soon. Yes, Reinforcements would be nice, but honestly, I'd love to have a Proto Skin for my Braton Prime or the Proto Skin for the Lato. Please say they're still planning on coming out, Reb! <3

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Wear your sunscreen on the Plains, Tenno!

No. Tired of plains.

Also, Clan rework when? This is the only thing I care about at this point. No reason to play if there is no changes made to clans. 

I'm glad DE is finally focusing on polishing the rest of the game however. This is long overdue. 

I really appreciate you reviewing old content. For the most part you probably could have gotten away with just adding new content while slowly letting old janky content fade into oblivion. Revisiting old content can be a real risk for player retention and drumming up hype for attracting new players, but I'm confident that you made the right choice by strengthening the bread and butter that's keeping all the flashy cool aspects of the game together. Hats off from me.

Thanks so much, for all your hard work and the passion that you put into making Warframe one of the best free to play games out there. I think I can safely say that we as players really appreciate that you share so much information with us. It's always exciting to hear what you come up with next!

Archived