This year so far...

This year have been good so far, and once the devs get through their list, I look forward to what's next.

So, thank you for revising and adjusting the various items!

I can easily live with more revisions and adjustments to continue this year, especially, if this could mean having Archwing Weapons transform into a new Primary Heavy Weapons class and all that is implied with such changes!

I just want endless kuva missions.. please don't be stingy with the amounts! The longer we stay the more that should drop based on difficulty.   Also please fix eidolon fights. The shrine keeps bugging out and eidolons keep disappearing mid fight and teleporting.

Tbh I don't care about Sacrifice, Umbra or Khora anymore it is alright if those arestill under development all of these workshops are pretty nice atm and each workshop brings us some nerfs yet makes everything feel polished and I like this little big arrangements It's like everyone at HQ made some housekeeping just right before the spring

I've had almost nothing to do in game for a year now and this news is even more disheartening. I mean, I get it, revamp the system for people who aren't closed beta founders bored out of their minds, but you gotta make something happen. So many quest threads that lead nowhere, so many premium skins for frames that I don't use. I log in every day for the bonus and then close it. It just feels like all the coders are off doing another game and the art team is left to keep the games cashcow churning until the game fizzles out. 

It's not even burnout, I had burnout two years ago and walked away to come back to almost nothing going on. The plains were a big deal to some, me not so much. It's the same thing but I have to run further, yay? I'm not going to settle back in and grind more focus if it gets a rework, I'm not going to farm kuva. I'm going to log in a grind a new character to see what kind of wacky space ninja you guys came up with this time. Sorry, not trying to be overtly negative I'm just dying for something, anything new to happen that isn't a system rework or a cosmetic. I need real actual content.

Welcome back from a well deserved vacation. 

The reworks were as good as new weapon releases, I have no complaints about no new weapons being released (I am slightly anxious about damage 2.5 though) 

I would rather there be similar tweaks to some game play *cough* archwing *cough* to make old content feel relevant, polished and fun. 

I do not mind the lack of new content in the slightest. On the contrary I applaud you for taking time to address basic fundamental game mechanics that need changing as well as content that already is in the game like the older Warframes, raids, weapons and so on. I always thought that this was exactly what the game needed. Some short break from adding new stuff and concentrating on fixing and polishing what already is in the game. Speaking of fixing one big elephant in the room in that regard is still enemy scaling especially the effective hit points taking armor into account. That definitely needs a second pass.

I truly appreciate for once focusing on refining the already present content, rather than keep drowning us in the new one.

There are a still a long rong ahead. A lot of models still haven't received PBR updates, for example. But i'll wait knowing that sooner or later you'll get it done.

Into the future, for better warframe!

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't, but this year so far has been a bit different. While Fashion Frame has seen no shortage of content, something is different. We haven't released a single new weapon or Warframe yet this year (Khora soon TM?).
This Dev Workshop (which is more of a diary entry) is just to briefly provide some context to what we've released. You may find yourself asking 'when are we getting new Tenno Reinforcements?', and you might want a more detailed answer than 'soon'.

So far this year, we have revised and iterated on more content than ever before. We've made cuts, changes usability of content, revisions of systems, and adjusted a significant amount of Weapons and Warframes. We've done this because in many ways you've wanted us to. Reviewing all the Update notes since our first 2018 deployment on PC on January 4th, it's a bit mental how much we've changed.

And we plan to continue changing. Kuva in the Kuva Fortress (with a pending Dev Workshop)? Login 2.0? Focus Changes? We're working on continuing our way down the list.

So how long will it take? When we will we add new gear? When will the seemingly endless list of Devstream reveals release?
Well, we don't know. We have gotten out of the habit of sharing dates, but this post serves a different purpose. I've just returned from a vacation and I myself am wondering the progress on all the many things we've talked about, and it's simple to see one thing: we're making great progress this year.

Get ready to enjoy some 5 year anniversary celebrations this month, and we'll see you next Devstream (possibly earlier in this sub-forum with a Kuva Dev Workshop!)!

Wear your sunscreen on the Plains, Tenno!

:)

luv u always Lotus 

IMHO 2018 is shaping up to be one of WF's best years ever {Ember aside, as her changes really still warrant another look, ie rework/overhaul her psv/1/3/4}

Not gonna lie, the content drought is hard for a MR25 that kinda feels like he has nothing to do in game for now. Sure there's the new eidolons, but I feel I already did so much of the plains I have trouble willing myself to go back there.

I'm sure the sacrifice and Venus will revive the flame , but for now, It does feel like hibernation, with me only logging in for the daily reward in waiting for new content. Still, I appreciate the re-balances, I just wish I had new content to experience and to use said new re-balances on. Then again, I suppose I can't  complain, I spend more hours on warframe than on any game in my entire life, and I feel like we're in the minority to be content-deprieved, as the vast majority of players have thousands of hours left of farming, weapon crafting, etc.

In the end though, the new content can't wait enough, and I personally prefer the occasional diversion, even if it's just a single forgettable gun or other new carrot to dangle and make us feel like logging in again. That said, those eidolon ship figures might just do it... And them arcanes, we'lll see how it goes this weekend.

I really am excited for all the review changes. Personally my big notes for the changes so far, is focus needs a bit more work, ember needs some more tweaking with her 4's augment being less useful than it was before (ember needs that CC please), atla's rubble needs to be vacuumed up or something.

Keep up the good work DE.

things im still waiting for 

less rng in rivens. the riven re-roller that eds drop is a tarp and a waste of time( use 3 or was it 4 rivens to re-roll once ya nice try but no thats a trap consedring everthing about it is still rng)

endless kuva missions 

kora

excal umbra

anything new thats not fasion frame 

return of raids 

ember changes to be reverted 

tool tip fix for banshee and massive dmg buff to her 4( it cant stun lock but still has super low dmg 200% power strength+ agment and im only doing 120dmg per cast vs lv  50s wtf)

chromas dmg buff to be fixed( was fighting a ed vectis hit for 11000 without buff hit for 11000 with a 300% buff)

yes all the fixs are nice and the weapon rework was needed but the mr system is still horrible and has no real meaning other then dictating your weapons. but there nothing new to do and the ed fights suck because after the first one its just stacking as many annoying mechanics on one target as possible. THERE IS NOTHING FUN ABOUT FIGHT A GIANT WALKING UNINTERACTIVE PILE OF RUBLE THAT RANDOMLY SHOTS AT YOU AND HAS 7 DIFFERENT TYPES OF F*** YOU MODES      

22 minutes ago, LordCiro said:

I really am excited for all the review changes. Personally my big notes for the changes so far, is focus needs a bit more work, ember needs some more tweaking with her 4's augment being less useful than it was before (ember needs that CC please), atla's rubble needs to be vacuumed up or something.

Keep up the good work DE.

Atlas' rubble has been able to be vacuumed for almost a week...

Since you are doing the whole re-looking at things. Any chance there will be a look at Nyx? She has no place in the game at the moment that isn't already used by someone else in a better way. *cough cough Loki cough cough*

Her mind control has next to no benefits. Her 2 has no use at all without the augment, this isn't a case where the augment changes how you use the ability, no this is a case where the ability is useless without it. Her 3 is her only power worth using, but you gave Loki's 4 an augment that does the same thing but it also does what her passive does but better. And her 4 is another case where the power has no use without the augment, worse off it was nerfed because you wanted to prevent bubble stacking, and yet things like Equinox's Main can stack with other Mains for constant damage, it's back watered logic like this that shows the dev team has ignored Nyx for ages. Her passive is also an issue because it can be counter productive to her other abilities since Mind Control targets will deal less damage, Absorb will absorb less damage, and it's an annoying RNG passive which IMO no passive should be RNG based. 

Archived