Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx has been ignored for too long by both the devs and the community

TangyBlueBerry

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

you crack me up. the majority of people wanted Friendly fire gone from assimilate and thats exactly what we got.

the reason wasnt the dmg being too great, the reason was people trolling nyx and taking her energy away, idk why you are laughing? i literally explained the reason

4 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

pull, stomp, ripline, sonic boom, resonating quake, crush, divine spears, and on and on and on. nyx is fine.

what... what about them? and no

Edited by TKDancer

The presence of damage is what you leaned on. Also, pull, sonic boom, ect don't create damage barriers to absorb the damage.

Not sure what you're rambling about on snowglobe

Iron Skin absorbs damage for a time, prevents damage, and can be used to knock down enemies in an area and redirect the absorbed damage.

10 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

the reason wasnt the dmg being too great, the reason was people trolling nyx and taking her energy away, idk why you are laughing? i literally explained the reason

what... what about them? and no

do you not even understand the questions you are asking? you asked how many skills do we have that ragdoll/knockdown that dont rely on absorbing damage and i named a few off the top of my head and there are others but why list them beyond the few examples. im also laughing because you called assimilate a nerf when infact it is a straight up evolution of the power.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Just now, NezuHimeSama said:

The presence of damage is what you leaned on. Also, pull, sonic boom, ect don't create damage barriers to absorb the damage.

no it was the presence of a dmg absorption mechanic

Not sure what you're rambling about on snowglobe

u brought it up, i brought another fact about it

e22a71ef81722165fe1d2384f5331ea8.png

2 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Iron Skin absorbs damage for a time, prevents damage, and can be used to knock down enemies in an area and redirect the absorbed damage.

3 seconds, thats its main use and always has been, knockdown only came with the augment

bad comparison, terrible really

absorb is meant to absorb dmg for as much as you want(or for as long as you can mantain it) and deal it back but the dmg output is atrocious, then the aug came and made it an awkward tanking skill and since the original dmg output was atrocious, people try to get their hands on this aug to be able to tank with their energy

7 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

do you not even understand the questions you are asking. you asked how many skills do we have that ragdoll/knockdown that dont rely on absorbing damage and i named a few off the top of my head and are others but why list them beyond the few examples. im also laughing because you called assimilate a nerf when infact it is a straight up evolution of the power.

i dont think you understood the nature of my question then

@NezuHimeSama insisted that absorb was fine cause its knockdown was perfectly fine for it and that i shouldnt do dmg, to which i asked why even have it absorb dmg if it should just do a small knockdown, then i made a rhetorical question of "how many other skills with knockdowns/ragdolls do we have that dont rely on absorbing dmg?" i knew the answer was a lot

as for whether it was a nerf or not, i put it in quotes cause i saw it more as a fix myself(even tho it was originally a bug but people liked it cause trolls are annoying so they reverted the bug fix back to its bugged state... which then became the fixed state i guess)

Edited by TKDancer

21 hours ago, KingMe42 said:

Her mind control has next to no benefits other than adding a decoy. Even with the augment, enemy HP scaling far out values their damage and a basic Nyx build has no room for strength.

Her 2 has no use at all without the augment. This isn't a case where the augment changes how you use the ability, no this is a case where the ability is useless without it.

Her 3 is her only power worth using, but you gave Loki's 4 an augment that does the same thing but it also does what her passive does but better.

And her 4 is another case where the power has no use without the augment, worse off it was nerfed because DE wanted to prevent bubble damage stacking between 2 Nyx's, and yet things like Equinox's Main can stack with other Mains for constant damage. It's back watered logic like this that shows the dev team has ignored Nyx for ages.

Her passive is also an issue because it can be counter productive to her other abilities since Mind Control targets will deal less damage, Absorb will absorb less damage, and it's an annoying RNG passive which IMO no passive should be RNG based. 

I like that you want change, but you should offer what changes you would like. What specifically in her kit would you make adjustments to. It sounds like you should give more thought to Nyx as a whole other than saying her abilities useless or counter productive. 

1 minute ago, VarianStark said:

I like that you want change, but you should offer what changes you would like. What specifically in her kit would you make adjustments to. It sounds like you should give more thought to Nyx as a whole other than saying her abilities useless or counter productive. 

offering criticism is a thing, which they did

saying her passive can be counter productive to mind control and absorb is 100% accurate

Edited by TKDancer

10 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

no it was the presence of a dmg absorption mechanic

u brought it up, i brought another fact about it

e22a71ef81722165fe1d2384f5331ea8.png

3 seconds, thats its main use and always has been, knockdown only came with the augment

bad comparison, terrible really

absorb is meant to absorb dmg for as much as you want(or for as long as you can mantain it) and deal it back but the dmg output is atrocious, then the aug came and made it an awkward tanking skill and since the original dmg output was atrocious, people try to get their hands on this aug to be able to tank with their energy

you're using snowglobe wrong, much like you're using nyx wrong. I never mentioned snowglobe for knockdown, btw, it's damage absorbtion, mitigation, and redirection, which a lot of kits already do, and all of them do damage, absorb damage, and deplete with damage. Just like nyx. Because it makes perfect sense and doesn't need to be reinvented.

1 minute ago, TKDancer said:

offering criticism is a thing, which they did

saying her passive can be counter productive to mind control and absorb is 100% accurate

Criticism is fine, but when its repetitive the message just turns into a rant. You can say warframe needs work...ok? What about it needs work? I get that he wants change or to bring attention to it, but at least add some more thought into it. His whole message can be shortened to what I said in my last reply. 

you're using snowglobe wrong, much like you're using nyx wrong. I never mentioned snowglobe for knockdown, btw, it's damage absorbtion, mitigation, and redirection, which a lot of kits already do, and all of them do damage, absorb damage, and deplete with damage. Just like nyx. Because it makes perfect sense and doesn't need to be reinvented.

i never said i use snowglobe for that, you keep trying to grasp for straws trying to justify absorb's dmg output being bad and used snowglobe and iron skin as an example of "similar" skills to do so

i just mentioned another way snowglobe can do dmg

12 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

i dont think you understood the nature of my question then

@NezuHimeSama insisted that absorb was fine cause its knockdown was perfectly fine for it and that i shouldnt do dmg, to which i asked why even have it absorb dmg if it should just do a small knockdown, then i made a rhetorical question of "how many other skills with knockdowns/ragdolls do we have that dont rely on absorbing dmg?" i knew the answer was a lot

as for whether it was a nerf or not, i put it in quotes cause i saw it more as a fix myself(even tho it was originally a bug but people liked it cause trolls are annoying so they reverted the bug fix back to its bugged state... which then became the fixed state i guess)

the reason why absorb has CC in it is because it can kill trash and disable threatning targets. all the skills ive listed have things in common. they all CC strong units and kill trash. there is no point in having CC in a power that can outright kill targets and that is why absord has knockdown its not meant to be used as a damage only skill  its a protective skill. killing lesser units and CCing tougher more dangerous ones protects herself and your team.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Just now, VarianStark said:

Criticism is fine, but when its repetitive the message just turns into a rant. You can say warframe needs work...ok? What about it needs work? I get that he wants change or to bring attention to it, but at least add some more thought into it. His whole message can be shortened to what I said in my last reply. 

well they sad what bad and made rather good complaints

I think we can all agree that her disarming passive shouldn't proc on Mind Controlled enemies, I hate when I use it on a Napalm/Bombard just to see them start swinging their stupid knives. 

I also think Mind Freak damage boost should be built-in into Mind Control and augment should do something else (like permanent duration already suggested in the thread).

1 minute ago, Vance.Stubbs said:

I think we can all agree that her disarming passive shouldn't proc on Mind Controlled enemies, I hate when I use it on a Napalm/Bombard just to see them start swinging their stupid knives. 

I also think Mind Freak damage boost should be built-in into Mind Control and augment should do something else (like permanent duration already suggested in the thread).

agreed. its probably a bug. the problem is not with mind freak its with NPC AI. they dont need to change the power or the mod they need to improve NPC AI big time.

5 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

i never said i use snowglobe for that, you keep trying to grasp for straws trying to justify absorb's dmg output being bad and used snowglobe and iron skin as an example of "similar" skills to do so

i just mentioned another way snowglobe can do dmg

I mentioned snowglobe because you were hiding behind Nyx absorbing damage as a reason for her to become another dime-a-dozen DPS stomper 4frame. Snowglobe absorbs and redirects damage, unless they nerfed it, which wouldn't be surprising seeing as it was actually a little OP in it's scalability at one point, and didn't fit with the defensive kit.

Much like turning Nyx into another dime-a-dozen DPS stomper 4frame wouldn't fit with her defensive kit.

I can get behind fixing the AI, it's pretty braindead.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

6 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

the reason why absorb has CC in it is because it can kill trash

i dont need it to kill trash tho? when i absorb over 120k dmg it should do more than this

866f06f9d108999198c7b8fe93994ae1.jpg

also its range isnt fit for a trash mob cleaner, even worse with assimilate

all the skills ive listed have things in common. they all CC strong units and kill trash.

not really? the likes of stomp only really kills at mid-low levels but its a reliable crowd stopper, reckoning while not as good at stopping crowds(or bosses) can strip armor, and sonic boom/ripline/pull? killing trash? not likely outside of earth

there is no point in having CC in a power that can outright kill targets and that is why absord has knockdown

a weak knockdown, like they are already half of the way out of the getting up animation by the time u are done with the explosion animation, this isnt CC

Edited by TKDancer

1 minute ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I mentioned snowglobe because you were hiding behind Nyx absorbing damage as a reason for her to become another dime-a-dozen DPS stomper 4frame. Snowglobe absorbs and redirects damage, unless they nerfed it, which wouldn't be surprising seeing as it was actually a little OP in it's scalability at one point, and didn't fit with the defensive kit.

Much like turning Nyx into another dime-a-dozen DPS stomper 4frame wouldn't fit with her defensive kit.

exactly i tend to see it alot people want defense frames to be more offensive when we have MANY offensive frames.

2 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

I mentioned snowglobe because you were hiding behind Nyx absorbing damage as a reason for her to become another dime-a-dozen DPS stomper 4frame.

snowglobe and ironskin's main purpose for them absorbing dmg( FOR THREE SECONDS) is to strength the globe's HP/iron skin's HP

absorb has no other purpose to absorb dmg besides dealing it back

pls stop this silly pointless false equivalence 

2 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

exactly i tend to see it alot people want defense frames to be more offensive when we have MANY offensive frames.

we also have many CC frames and other frames that despite not being CC focused have EXCELLENT CC abilities, so this argument can turn right back at you

1 minute ago, TKDancer said:

i dont need it to kill trash tho? when i absorb over 120k dmg it should do more than this

not really? the likes of stomp only really kills at mid-low levels, and sonic boom/ripline/pull? killing trash? not likely

a weak knockdown, like they are already half of the way out of the getting up animation by the time u are done with the explosion animation, this isnt CC

again there will be threatening targets inside that mob of enemies. absorb will take in the damage kill the weaker enemies and disable the stronger ones. weak knockdown? knockdown is far from weak. it deals no damage but removes the targets as a threat until they recover.

again the range got nerfed because of abuse. it in no way killed the power. absorb is defensive not offensive.

6 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

not really? the likes of stomp only really kills at mid-low levels but its a reliable crowd stopper, reckoning while not as good at stopping crowds(or bosses) can strip armor, and sonic boom/ripline/pull? killing trash? not likely outside of earth

I agree, this should not be a thing. They should at least make it so it ignores armor.

10 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

again there will be threatening targets inside that mob of enemies. absorb will take in the damage kill the weaker enemies and disable the stronger ones. weak knockdown? knockdown is far from weak. it deals no damage but removes the targets as a threat until they recover.

again the range got nerfed because of abuse. it in no way killed the power. absorb is defensive not offensive.

a knockdown that has no forced down time, just knockdown and recover cant really be called CC, plus the long recovery nyx has after detonating make it worse

not only that the short range(shorter with assimilate) makes it an awful killing ability even for trash unarmored targets cause if anything manages to escape the blast by a hair they have ample time to kill you before you can move again or recast absorb

Edited by TKDancer

12 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Which can also be used to redirect damage, and these abilities also provide damage mitigation.

An ability being able to deal damage is not a reason to turn it into a 4frame DPS stomper.

PLS just stop snowglobe is a shield skill and i want to know where you got the idea that snowglobes detonation dmg includes the snowglobes hp in it? cause from everything i read on it and from personal testing... it does a flat amount of dmg, i just a ton of corrupted crewman wail on a globe during its absoprtion period and detonated it for.... 250ish dmg which doesnt sound like it includes any damage redirection

8e41dc05cbfde0ae197f74120c241cfd.png

i also cant find anything in the patch history that suggests it was ever a thing

so your terrible comparison is also inaccurate, good job

Edited by TKDancer