Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So why are players allowed to que up for Tridolons and then run around the outskirts of the map making players waste their shard?

I've been super busy with work but finally got some time last night to do the new eidolons. We're all MR20+ and we breeze through the first one, 3 of us run straight to the shrine and put in our shards and then there's an MR25 running around the outskirts of the map changing between cussing us out in Spanish and pretending like he's fighting a non-existent Eidolon in English. I know this is not normal, as most kids got enough love as children, but why is this even allowed to happen? Why can't I grab my shard back? We waited around for about 10 minutes to see if they were going to stop being a child and then eventually had to force extract. He kept his shard, and we all lost ours, all because of him. He won.

Like it's not the end of the world, but I was just pretty excited to finally run them and then by the time I finally got another group we only had enough time to kill the 2nd one cause the lures disappeared. Could we not be able to grab our shard, or force the 4th shard after say 5 minutes? I mean, if you're cued in the tridolons, you should be there to do all 3...

Edited by (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am

I can see not wanting to force players to put in the shard though, because as a team you might decide not to continue due to timing of the night cycle or another issue.  But, it would be good if DE could implement something to protect players from this, whether it's by allowing players to reclaim their shard or having a countdown timer (like in defence and interception missions) where users have to decide whether to move forward or not (although that brings other issues, like last minute switches from stay to go).

See this is why I run Tridolon solo, sure it's more work but I've only myself to blame if I @#&$ up. Unfortunately this is just the case with running with pugs in general, it's always pot luck with who you're go to get paired up with, and sometimes its with idiots. Hopefully you find some peeps you can run regular with without that pug nonsense. 

il y a 14 minutes, LSG501 a dit :

this is why I'm never first to my shard in when in a public group, I'll be at the alter but I'll wait until we're all there at least.

Legend says he once was grouped with 3 people with the same philosophy... legend also says that as today, they are still waiting for someone to put the first shard...

Edited by Galehann

45 minutes ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

I can see not wanting to force players to put in the shard though, because as a team you might decide not to continue due to timing of the night cycle or another issue

Yeah that's what makes it hard to suggest stuff. I mean realistically you should at least be able to grab your shard back, but if time permits, and you're in the Trip que, AND the other 3 want to continue, one should not be able to ruin the fun/previous work of others.

Maybe I'm just blowing it out of proportion as it was my first Tridolon encounter and we WERE blazing through it at first, but it was annoying

1 hour ago, (PS4)TexasTwurkT3am said:

I've been super busy with work but finally got some time last night to do the new eidolons. We're all MR20+ and we breeze through the first one, 3 of us run straight to the shrine and put in our shards and then there's an MR25 running around the outskirts of the map changing between cussing us out in Spanish and pretending like he's fighting a non-existent Eidolon in English. I know this is not normal, as most kids got enough love as children, but why is this even allowed to happen? Why can't I grab my shard back? We waited around for about 10 minutes to see if they were going to stop being a child and then eventually had to force extract. He kept his shard, and we all lost ours, all because of him. He won.

Like it's not the end of the world, but I was just pretty excited to finally run them and then by the time I finally got another group we only had enough time to kill the 2nd one cause the lures disappeared. Could we not be able to grab our shard, or force the 4th shard after say 5 minutes? I mean, if you're cued in the tridolons, you should be there to do all 3...

screen shots.   message support about player.   both will reap, one rewards, other whats due.   de needs to make it so if this happens, the players that put theirs in get their shard back.

If Gantu/Hydo did not spawn because someone didn't put their shard in, all unconsumed shards should go back to the player's inventories. would be a much welcomed change that will eliminate any potential for Trolling or miscommunication in the future.

Or maybe simply... you know... have the ability to take back our shard ? Or even better... get rid of that "sacrifice", because you get back your shard at the end of the fight anyway... the sacrifice only affects those who try to fight the next eidolon and don't succeed... which is, what, less than 2% I believe ? So, yeah... it's a lot of "problems" for almost nothing...

I think, if DE were to remove the shard sacrifice, and just made the next eidolon pop IF (and only if) the previous one was captured, they would benefit the most as people would less complain ^^ At the same time, we will save time and experience less bug or situation as OP one.

Sorry for bad English, not my language and hell of a headache right now

Edited by Galehann

... or simply change the name into Plains of Douchebags.
It's far more accurate and descriptive, considering what happens there in public groups.
That way at least we'd know what we're getting into while queueing for captures or bounties.

Edited by saradonin

I don't know why DE don't apply the same share require system use for Razorback cipher and Fomorian Disruptor. When you choose the trio bounty, if a player sacrify a shard, there a message for all player saying " Are you sure you want to consume a shard for summoning? ". If yes, all player consume a shard. If no, Clem comes punch your face in the face. 

Le ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 à 03:52, UltraMadGuy a dit :

I don't know why DE don't apply the same share require system use for Razorback cipher and Fomorian Disruptor. When you choose the trio bounty, if a player sacrify a shard, there a message for all player saying " Are you sure you want to consume a shard for summoning? ". If yes, all player consume a shard. If no, Clem comes punch your face in the face. 

If there is a pop-up integration for every player, whatever they are doing at the moment when the one guy is sacrifing his shard, there WILL be bugs.

I guarantee it.

A simple fix is to just let us press X again to take back the shard if not all 4 shards are in.

Another simple fix is time-limit the sacrifice.

Allow 10 secs from when first shard is put in, if after 10 secs, there are still less than 4 sacrificed shards then the shards are refunded.

50 minutes ago, SeaUrchins said:

Should have votekicked him. Oh, wait, you're not allowed to kick people for that. Should have knelt and begged I assume (:

Just you wait til you go to answer the door for two minutes then get votekicked for "afk". Despite saying in chat you were going afk. 

Then lets see how you much you like votekick...

this is why you don't PUG anything unless you are prepared to deal with the worst teams imaginable. against my better judgement I decided to try the matchmaking. not had any groups that bad, but we can't make it past the Gantulyst because I'm the only one with a Granmu Amp and maxed Virtuous Strike for getting his shield down quickly. with friends though, I've done several Tridolons already and it's way easier because we can communicate.

communication is key, and it's hard to do that with people you don't know. IMO you should only use the matchmaking if you know you can carry weaker players through each fight, otherwise it's a total gamble. 

1 hour ago, Cryptix123 said:

Just you wait til you go to answer the door for two minutes then get votekicked for "afk".

I am fine with that. My choice to go afk, their choice not to tolerate it. Why should it be the other way around, like I go afk and you suck it up?

If I don't participate, why should I be in the game? If I get doorbell or a call I simply alt+f4 in public matchmaking. Guess why? Because then they get another player to substitute me, besides RL comes first.

Edited by SeaUrchins