Nekros is really boring..Thoughts on some improvements

Clearly Nekros Prime looks awesome and is great for farming. But this doesnt change the fact that his abilities feel way too boring. 

Abilities and Passive changes

First Ability: Launches a target and inflicts damage to any in the projectiles path (Ragdoll not very good CC or damage)

>>>Change to >>> Launch the targets soul out of its body and wherever the soul hits explodes for 750 damage at lvl 30. This should also stun the target it is used on for up to 4 seconds. It should also have a bonus of turning the targeted enemy into a spectre if it dies to the first ability. This lets nekros turn his one into something he can work around and treat his first ability as a soul rocket launcher.

Second Ability: Terrify causes enemies around him to run away in fear (can stack reducing armor) 

>>>change>>>to instead of armor reduction, make it so affected targets have their souls ignited, this can combo with his first ability, if using Second ability>to first ability it should cause the enemy to detonate and inflicting massive damage like 3500. A terrify augment to slow enemies down should be included in the ability.

Third ability: Desecrate purely is a farming ability, just makes enemies drop more loot in exchange for energy or health with an augment. (DE making us kill ourselves slowly for loot :heartbroken:)

>>>Change to>>> Release a random effect corrosive/gas/viral on desecrated corpses after loot is dropped for the second time. This ability is honestly not bad since its a give and take to farming but if there were to ever be any changes maybe make it so that enemies that are desecrated release their status effects on death to enemies that are still alive. 

Fourth Ability: Summons shadows on enemies killed in highest ranking gets priority. 

>>>Change to>> summons shadows with greater speed and strength. Reduce shadows to max of 5 but increase their damage and movement speed. Shadows should also release a SOUND EFFECT different than usual as to help nekros keep track of the dead shadows (the number on the ability is useful but sound delivers the info faster in a fight). By default shadows should  The fourth ability is already extremely useful but sometimes hard to keep up since shadows are not much better than AI, I think zombie/shadows should be able to (release their anime limiters lol) move faster and hit harder like a zombie should in my opinion. 7 Shadows is alot and can be increased if the enemy spawns more. Though with more spawned in there is more visual clutter and in exchange for increased strength and movement speed 2 zombie/shadows could be sacrificed.

Passive: Nekros heals 5Hp for every enemy that dies within 10m.

>>>Change to>>> Regen's 5 Hp and 50 health when reviving an ally. This adds incentive to play more as a teammate with nekros and his passive kinda feels underpowered like rhinos. 

Augments and some suggested Changes.

Soul Survivor: Use first ability on ally to revive them for a max of 30% of their health but uses up all of your energy.

>>>Change to>>> Use first ability on ally thats down to restore 30% of their max health and grant 50% movement speed for 8 seconds, cost should stay the same. Or Use on a living ally and grant them Fatal immunity 8 seconds at the cost all of your energy. This should allow enemies to move out of the way faster while they run from the fight to recover, and useful on living allies if they are doing a certain obj that requires them not to die in some scenarios.

Creeping Terrify: Affected enemies have 60% reduced movement speed.

>>>Change To>>> Terrify has a chance to spread to enemies. with 45% reduced movement speed. Allowing word to spread on nekros will cause enemies to run like they should. 

Despoil:Desecrate costs health instead of energy.

>>>Change to>>> Desecrate costs health instead of energy. And enemies within range of desecrate should have a chance of getting terrified.

Shield of Shadows: Shadows within 50m each take 6% of damage done to nekros in his stead. 

>>>NO CHANGE: This is one of the best augments and I really cant see this being improved. Improving his shadows abilities movement and attack if possible would be best because faster moving allies are more useful than slow moving. IF there would be a change, shadows could detonate when using his first abilty, at the cost of the shadows remaining life to deal damage in a 6m radius.

Thoughts: My main gripe is that none of his abilities interact with each other and his usefull ones can be done passively. Zombie/Shadows should be better than their living counterparts not only by damage dealing but by movement speed. I tried to be consistent so let me know if there are any changes I should make or you think would be better.

EDIT: Fixed some wording to better convey what I wish to say.

Edited by VarianStark

Nice improvments for my main :D. But yeah his 1 sucks hard and its not a very good cc after all. I like your idea with the spectre but what i wish for his 1 is something like titania's 2. Punch the soul out of the enemy and get a armor/dmg buff for nekros and his Shadows. His 4 needs a change they should ignore some armor like 25 - 45% or should works with statuseffects on your primary weapon. do you ever let your grineer shadows fight against some other grineer's? they do no dmg to nox, bombards or other high armoured units and i have a 4,5 dmg multiplier on my shadows xD.

Edited by Object_MSTK

another suggestion for shadows:

reduce energy cost when moving/healing shadows and make the energy cost for the ability vary depending on how many shadows are being healed/moved/summoned

reduce hp decay on them

3 hours ago, Object_MSTK said:

Nice improvments for my main :D. But yeah his 1 sucks hard and its not a very good cc after all. I like your idea with the spectre but what i wish for his 1 is something like titania's 2. Punch the soul out of the enemy and get a armor/dmg buff for nekros and his Shadows. His 4 needs a change they should ignore some armor like 25 - 45% or should works with statuseffects on your primary weapon. do you ever let your grineer shadows fight against some other grineer's? they do no dmg to nox, bombards or other high armoured units and i have a 4,5 dmg multiplier on my shadows xD.

I like the idea of buffing his shadows and working like titanias ability is a nice way to do it. And I really hate that the shadows barely do any damage, they should ignore armor and run fast because they are zombies.

2 hours ago, TKDancer said:

another suggestion for shadows:

reduce energy cost when moving/healing shadows and make the energy cost for the ability vary depending on how many shadows are being healed/moved/summoned

reduce hp decay on them

I get why the cost should vary but its a little too random and works better to just have a base cost IMO. Reducing hp decay won't really help the problems with his shadows. They are merely taking damage for him and are in the way, I feel like they should be more useful and do more damage or something of the sort.

1 hour ago, VarianStark said:

I feel like they should be more useful and do more damage or something of the sort.

i agree, but i also wish their decay was slower

i also wish shadows were properly doing dmg and being more than meat shields with shield of shadows

1 minute ago, NezuHimeSama said:

tbqh, I'd just like to see shadows of the dead become transparent, so they don't get in the way so much.

yeah.... that actually sounds good, make them go transparent when looking over them like mirage clones

if you find Nekros uninteresting, that is because Despoil and if you can make it fit Shield of Shadows mixed with Equilibrium define Nekros. they make Nekros the Warframe that thematically he's supposed to be.

i'm fine with what you want to add to Soul Punch, however it sounds like you want to remove the strong Ragdolling Effect. doing so would be greatly nerfing Nekros.
the Ragdolling Effect is the strongest point of the Ability. it's very important.

why remove the Armor weakening from Terrify? that would be greatly nerfing Nekros. again, i like what you want to add to Terrify, but you're trying to remove the main existing features of Abilities which is ridiculous.
and i don't want Terrify to slow Enemies, so i don't have Creeping Terrify Equipped. if the Augment was to be integrated, i'd want it to be like having two ways to Cast, and a Hold Cast performing a Slow instead or something.

hmm, yeah i think i like Corpses making small Clouds of Status Effects upon being Desecrated. 0.5-1sec within a Meter or two above their Corpse.

i probably don't want my Shadows to make Audio Spam. the game is both Visually and Audially pretty noisy as it is. yes Shadows can be hard to discern from Enemies but the VFX on them(since they have some already) is what should handle that problem so that we aren't adding more noise to the game.
reducing the Shadow Count but not changing Shield of Shadows is a nerf to Nekros, heh. i don't think there's anything wrong with 7 as it is anyways.
Shadows could seem a lot smarter if they followed the Nekros around (loosely, not like a meat wall or anything) instead of deciding to stay somewhere and ignore their owner.

4 hours ago, TKDancer said:

make the energy cost for the ability vary depending on how many shadows are being healed/moved/summoned

not something i thought i wanted but yes that makes complete sense.

Just now, Maka.Bones said:

It's fun though

1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

Use his soul-punch more often. It's hilarious/fun AF. Also, summon more dead people, or use the fear ability. 

I'm glad you think its fun. But the ability is just kind of there. What I think they should do is almost the same as it currently is, but instead of ragdolling everything in its path it can be more productive for damage.

Just now, VarianStark said:

I'm glad you think its fun. But the ability is just kind of there. What I think they should do is almost the same as it currently is, but instead of ragdolling everything in its path it can be more productive for damage.

Hey, the post title said nekros is *boring*.... Didn't see anything about nekros being weak.  So yeah, it's not boring if you soulpunch more. 

4 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Hey, the post title said nekros is *boring*.... Didn't see anything about nekros being weak.  So yeah, it's not boring if you soulpunch more. 

Where in anything that I said he was weak? I said I want him to be more productive. To me having his kit synergize more and have more purpose is "fun"

1 minute ago, VarianStark said:

Where in anything that I said he was weak? I said I want him to be more productive. To me having his kit synergize more and have more purpose is "fun"

10 minutes ago, VarianStark said:

In the context of which you're using "productive" and saying that soulpunch is "just there" 

I'm not saying I disagree... it would be nice if it could do a bit more damage. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

imo, I'd rather soulpunch synergize better with the rest of Nekros' kit. Maybe make it so soulpunching enemies heals shadows, or even nearby tenno by a fraction.

Everyone just seems to want everything to do lots of damage and more damage and all the damage though. It's such a shame, we already have competent frames for that, and a massive arsenal of weapons. But I guess it's like how they nerfed all the fun high-recoil weapons because people whined it was too hard to pull down a little. Anyone remember when Latron Prime had kick?

Edited by NezuHimeSama
6 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

In the context of which you're using "productive" and saying that soulpunch is "just there" 

Either I'm not being clear or you are confused. Soul Punch is indeed weak, there I said it. It does not synergize with any of his abilities. Unless you count the small chance of him actually killing anything with it yes, I guess he's right up your ally. To me that is not fun. There are ways to make this ability more fun to use is what I'm trying to say.

Edited by VarianStark

Either I'm not being clear or you are confused. Soul Punch is indeed weak, there I said it. It does synergize with any of his abilities. Unless you count the small chance of him actually killing anything with it yes, I guess he's right up your ally. To me that is not fun. There are ways to make this ability more fun to use is what I'm trying to say.

I'm not confused. I'm just trying to get you to admit that the context in which you're saying "nekros is boring" what you're really trying to say is "please buff nekros, to make him do more damage"

Accomplished. 

1 minute ago, Maka.Bones said:

I'm not confused. I'm just trying to get you to admit that the context in which you're saying "nekros is boring" what you're really trying to say is "please buff nekros, to make him do more damage"

Accomplished. 

Ok? Im glad you pointed that out.

Im also glad you read all this because damage buffs are not the only thing I suggest.

I did, I actually just like nekros' kit already, and here's why:

Fear helps him mitigate damage to him, and his team, whenever they're overwhelmed.

His shadows help mitigate damage done to him, as well as distract enemies from allies, and helps with some damage.

• I believe the damage they do also increases with power str, but people never build him that way

Desecrate makes him pretty much immortal, unless oneshot

Soul Punch is fun to use as a gag power, because it's funny to see... but yeah it doesn't have much function outside of CC. However this is probably mainly due to the build most people use for nekros, because i'm guessing that if we built him for max strength, he would also become a "one-punch man"

So yeah... In conclusion, I don't exactly agree with everything. He's already strong, but yes it would be nice if his souldpunch did more than just be a fun gag joke. Like the healing effect.