Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End game, veteran game mode - challenge.

IfritKajiTora

We need end game content for fully upgraded equipment and for veterans, I'm playing the Warframe from update 7, but I'm already burned out (MR25 everything maxed), because almost everything is too easy, want to farm some prime parts, but after one mission I just want to exit, too easy = too boring.

Today survival sorties wasn't hard, but level 80 enemies give me some fun, just like others people on squad and we totally forgot about life support xD, we need some mode to not remember about anything just pure fight matters.

We need something like endless Arcade mode, all you have to do is survive:

Starting at level 80 for example.

Wave1: Group of normal enemies are attacking you.

Wave2: Group of eximus enemies are attacking you. (nice focus farm, eximus enemies give a lot more exp that normal enemies)

Wave3: Boss/miniboss(g3, zanuka, stalker etc) arrive with eximus enemies around.

Want to fight next stage? OK lets do it again with +10 levels higher.

There should not be new rewards, just some nice stuff that veterans want, and for not end game players it's not a must play in this mode. like:

-Amber stars (too rare, I have around 60 ambers and 800 cyan stars, this could help getting more ambers)

-kuva (its always nice)

-ayatans (too many cyan stars, and not enough ayatans to use them).

-rare reward: Boosters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second idea for second mode would be with holding the positions:

Two large points to protect A and B, 4 players split on two groups 2&2.

Starting from enemies level 80.

Waves of enemies are coming to these two points. Those two points can be taken really fast by enemies, if there are no Warframes near them.

If one point A or B will be taken. Points A and B are out of game.

Now players need to protect the final largest point C, so all 4 players are in this point, so its like easier, but now all enemies are charging at this point.

If enemies take point C it's game over.

The same idea, every 2-3 waves enemies are 10 levels stronger.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people could ask: "If you enjoyed the survival, then why you do not replay it several times?"
Answer to that question: "Because I get nothing from that, I want a challenge with rewards, so doing two stuffs at the same time."

Nice Challenge, and some good rewards = fun.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Be nice but there are already enough endless gamemodes, not very original, and would much rather see more open space combat between multiple ships in contingency than support the second coming of the void, despite how much I liked it. 

So basically what they already have planned? Though they feel it won't be a sequel to darksector but a standalone game mode.

Secondly there is always a way around or through a challenge. You just got to find it first then the whole objective is no longer a challenge, in OP's case no longer fun. In example Ivara + daggers, atterax + crit build, or just rivens can practically barge through all content.

I like your ideas.  My own personal idea for this was to start above sortie level.   We already know sortie level mobs offer little challenge to most higher end players on just about any warframe in game.   I would like these modes to start out where the enemies are tough enough to be a challenge right away.   I suggested level 150 to start.

I really really love your ideas,   I think you should boost the starting levels some.  Can find level 80 stuff on the plains or in sorties and one shot it pretty easy with many weapons.  Good ideas,  needs to be higher level though.  You got my vote.

2 hours ago, (XB1)MerlyBR said:

Dude realy it is cool and stuff but imagine the amount of people complaining (for me this is a nice ideia)

People will complain if you give them the whole world, because they have no where to put it.  I can care less about complaints  :P

3 hours ago, IfritKajiTora said:

nice focus farm

I thought this was end game, not lead up to end game?

-Amber stars

This is not an end game reward.

-ayatans (too many cyan stars, and not enough ayatans to use them).

This is already a Sortie reward, a rather highly weighted one at that.

Two large points to protect A and B, 4 players split on two groups 2&2.

Starting from enemies level 80.

Waves of enemies are coming to these two points. Those two points can be taken really fast by enemies, if there are no Warframes near them.

If one point A or B will be taken. Points A and B are out of game.

Now players need to protect the final largest point C, so all 4 players are in this point, so its like easier, but now all enemies are charging at this point.

If enemies take point C it's game over.

The same idea, every 2-3 waves enemies are 10 levels stronger.

An easier Interception. Just from reading it, the final stage would be the easiest and there are quite a few team comps that would sleepwalk through it at any level.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

An easier Interception. Just from reading it, the final stage would be the easiest and there are quite a few team comps that would sleepwalk through it at any level.

His idea was to scale the difficulty by enemy level not by what the actual task involved was,  I personally love this idea.  It gives our overpowered warframe and weapons something to do.  As far as the rewards go I think they're absolutely fine too.  I would definitely play it for these rewards.  Rare chance at boosters would be pretty fun.  Kuva and endo too? Yea, I'd be fine with that.  Obviously just like every other mission in the entire game this wouldn't be the only rewards, or drops, or benefits.

3 hours ago, BBaw said:

His idea was to scale the difficulty by enemy level not by what the actual task involved was,  I personally love this idea.  It gives our overpowered warframe and weapons something to do.  As far as the rewards go I think they're absolutely fine too.  I would definitely play it for these rewards.  Rare chance at boosters would be pretty fun.  Kuva and endo too? Yea, I'd be fine with that.  Obviously just like every other mission in the entire game this wouldn't be the only rewards, or drops, or benefits.

Then the idea should actually include the actual rewards, drops, benefits, etc. and not just a rehash of Sorties plus some Kuva. Everything suggested is in the existing game mode that requires a level 100 mission to complete.

The suggestion starts lower than Sortie 3. Bakes in a focus farm, which again, this doesn't say end game but just how to check all the boxes for blitzing through other content.

This isn't a challenge but a pinata.

20 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Then the idea should actually include the actual rewards, drops, benefits, etc. and not just a rehash of Sorties plus some Kuva. Everything suggested is in the existing game mode that requires a level 100 mission to complete.

The suggestion starts lower than Sortie 3. Bakes in a focus farm, which again, this doesn't say end game but just how to check all the boxes for blitzing through other content.

This isn't a challenge but a pinata.

I don't think I need to see a list of everything on the drop table to understand what the point of this topic was.   I think the goal here was more about introducing some higher level content than what the actual rewards where to be.  That is the part I agree with and would love to see also.  If you've got some ideas about it I'd leave to hear them.

9 hours ago, peterc3 said:

If you have already maxed your favorite school tree and have maxed Equipment, it's the end game, focus is a nice bonus to max other school trees.

Amber stars are really rare, this should close the gap between how many cyan and amber stars you pick up from missions.

From sorties you can get only ONE ayatan per day, and it's still rng. You can get different ayatans from other missions but they are rare too, so no use for all other 800 cyan stars you have.

It's not an easier interception, because there should be more enemies than in standard missions, and bosses/MiniBosses appears with enemies around, and a lot faster level scaling, so you can get to level 150 in 15 minutes. Maybe I did not make it clear enough.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

11 hours ago, Postal_pat said:

So basically what they already have planned? Though they feel it won't be a sequel to darksector but a standalone game mode.

Secondly there is always a way around or through a challenge. You just got to find it first then the whole objective is no longer a challenge, in OP's case no longer fun. In example Ivara + daggers, atterax + crit build, or just rivens can practically barge through all content.

I see there 23 level enemies.. that's just like in other missions xD, and I still don't see that you HAVE to kill enemies, I see her running to the objective and to the portal, repeat etc. eehhh another running mission ignoring all enemies like Rescue, Capture or sabotage.

About ivara invisibility and melee 8x damage, yeah some builds are extremely overpowered, but that's why they are changing Warframes, maybe they will balance it in someway in the future.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

So basically you want a boss and connected stages with always tougher enemies? That was what I was thinking about too - I realised that something similar was in that story infiltration into kuva fortress - it felt like multistages, but more stealthy. If it would be something similar but for 4 players and a real assault with a boss in final room. But I don't know if it would be better and fitting warframe if it would be based on rooms - like when you land on Kuva fortress and you had to run to the gate (stealthy or killing everything) , open the gate, then next room I imagine something big where all the soldiers would gather, then to the right 1 side mission, to the left 2nd side mission, then a boss. Would that fit warframe as an online fast paced game? I don't know really.

EDIT:

I mean multistaged different missions combined together - not just 1 mission with tougher enemies - like to the right - rescue a prisoner, to the left - capture a target and then final boss, everything timed, so you would have to decide whom you should put to sleep, which group you would have to kill and if you would fail timer, they would bring cannons or something really hard.

Edited by Morndawn

I think all planets end around level 40? Maybe there could be some tileset (like those with a boss or nightmare level), with higher level enemies on each planet. 

Then sorties as they are now would become a bit pointless and it could be replaced with high level missions, but with more of stages and boss in the end?. 

Edited by Morndawn