Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ranked up Arcanes should be able to be combined and/or disassembled..

xommified

It should be possible to combine or derank arcanes that have been ranked up separately. I was not aware that a) you can no longer "disassemble" ranked up arcanes into individual unranked arcanes like you could in the past, and b) that you cannot combine multiple ranked up arcanes.

I currently have a Rank 2 Magus Elevate (costing 6 arcanes), a Rank 1 Magus Elevate (costing 3 arcanes), and a Rank 0 Magus Elevate that I would like to combine into a Rank 3 Magus Elevate, but I can't. It does not seem to make sense that 6+3+1 = 8, and not 10.

This was possible in previous versions of the game when distilling a rank 3 arcane from an item into 10 unranked arcanes.

As some arcanes can get fairly expensive in time/resources, it does not seem reasonable to treat a ranked up arcane as 1 arcane when it took 3 or 6 of the same arcane to rank it up.

Now I know someone's going to bring up mods, so: I understand that you can't combine 2 rank 5 mods to get a rank 10 mods, but that's a completely different story.

The total amount of resources used for 2x R5 mods and 1x R10 mod are not the same. The rank 10 mod of course costs much more Credits and Endo than 2 rank 5 mods combined.

However, the total amount of resources in a R2, R1, and an R0 arcane is the same amount of resources that was used to create a Rank 3 arcane. Both sides contain 10x R0 arcanes.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've no idea how forum threads work, but I really want this idea to "surface" again.  Can we bring back the Arcane Distillers in a way that allows us to separate ranked Arcanes?  (Or, far more preferable, just let us pull them apart without rare/expensive items?)  I've been a real dingus and a made rank one and a rank two Arcane Barrier after doing the same mortifying accident with my Arcane Graces.  It seems a better idea to be able to un-rank them rather than getting lucky with a series of trades to correct the problem.

In a way, to say that the same amount of resources are being spent, I think we could combine the Arcane ranks, but not disassemble them.

That can be used as an exploit for market purposes, and (as much as you did warn about the mods issue), with mods we can't do the same.

IIRC, going "backwards" with mods was an issue already discussed within DE that cannot be done because of the game's architecture. So, kind of impossible right now. But for Arcanes, I'm not entirely sure if they remade the system when they removed the Raids, so that may be a limitation as well. 

2 hours ago, Kyoketsu said:

In a way, to say that the same amount of resources are being spent, I think we could combine the Arcane ranks, but not disassemble them.

That can be used as an exploit for market purposes, and (as much as you did warn about the mods issue), with mods we can't do the same.

IIRC, going "backwards" with mods was an issue already discussed within DE that cannot be done because of the game's architecture. So, kind of impossible right now. But for Arcanes, I'm not entirely sure if they remade the system when they removed the Raids, so that may be a limitation as well. 

How could it be used as an exploit?