Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idles Animations!

[DE]gefu

Hey everyone, (this Geoff for anyone unaware)

Firstly thanks for all the feedback, I've been following it very closely. I totally appreciate the mixed feelings with these changes and admittedly think I may have gone about it wrong waiting too long to force changes on people's characters.

So! Moving forward its probably best to make idles a customization choice in the arsenal. What we are thinking is each warframe will share a default idle (the old animation and the one Excalibur currently uses) then provide 2 custom stances for each warframe; a tall one and one that's more compressed maybe theming them as "noble" and "agile"....still trying to work that out.

The idle anims help with the role playing aspect to these characters and providing more choice rather than pushing a personality onto them will serve much better. I'm *hoping* we can have this ready to roll out in the next week, should be able to.....and yes we will for sure take in the feedback and adjust the current idles in game also :)

Thanks for the support

My word...!! I had no idea this was stated. This is awesome! Some of new animations look cool but Rhino and Vauban, particularly, look super stiff, not "Ninja" at all.

This is really great news! However, I have to ask this already...

Let's say I decide to pick the "default" idle (Excalibur), does that mean my Mag will lose her new, unique idle animations? Here's a great example of the (arguably the best) idle animation I had in mind:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93889-mags-despair-idle/?hl=%2Bnyx+%2Bidle

I hope you guys find a way to keep these unique idles in even if we pick different stances than those currently given!

Edited by Casardis

Will these idle animations be expensive?

(Did everyone complaining customization inadvertently screw over free players?)

Anyhow, thanks for all the animations. Sorry you and your team had to weather a storm of callous and ill-contrived criticisms. Goofy or no, no human being deserves to have their work spat on like that.

Neato. Sounds good, thanks.

Also, nice a-vor-tar! :D

Edit: I'm curious, regarding these new idles and the addition of some unique "personalities," does this mean each frame is eventually going to get its own entire animation set (sprinting, jumping, knockdown recovery, etc.)?

This is what I'm wondering as well. I.e. with Loki one minute he's hunched, the next he's running upright all 'Lala Braaaah'.

The hand positioning on some idles need to be adjusted somewhat to match weapons if possible. As for other 'bugs', Loki's left arm goes a bit weird when he has a Sobek and any other weaps which have the same positioning. 

Edited by Naith

Will these idle animations be expensive?

(Did everyone complaining customization inadvertently screw over free players?)

I really hope it's not expensive, at least not more than the colour packs' cost for the whole set of animations. But being as one of those people complaining about customisation, I'd love to pay for more of everything personally :P genders, sliders, alternate suits, weapon skins, even more animations, you name it. It is a F2P game after all, it's pretty normal to charge for cosmetic and alternate extras.

Hey guys just an update on this....my hope was to have these ready for this week but turns out that was a little too ambitious. So looks like they will be rolled out next week.

Also for people wondering, these idles will be......free! I could see us in the future adding more customization options with animation packs offered in the store but not for these guys :)

Hey guys just an update on this....my hope was to have these ready for this week but turns out that was a little too ambitious. So looks like they will be rolled out next week.

Also for people wondering, these idles will be......free! I could see us in the future adding more customization options with animation packs offered in the store but not for these guys :)

Awesome. Literally the definition of awesome..

Can't wait to see these, and my sympathies with the pushed back release. I know how meeting a deadline with artistic stuff can be @_@ 

Awesome! And here I was thinking DE was going to sell them for 200plat or something. Thanks!

Still hoping you adressed the Nova idle in the Dojo though and make her look more 'docile'. Kinda like the concept art image where she just casually holds up one hand and plays with the antimatter while her body starts to glow. :D

I think that would make a really awesome idle stance!! ^_^

kd7c6e.jpg

Will the idles that play in the dojo (IE: Nyx's lotus-style levitation) be available on all idles?

For instance, if I choose the default idle set, and not Nyx's "noble" or "agile" set, will I not use that animation in the dojo?

I hope an initial release of animations and idle's will come out free... i've literally stopped playing my Vauban because he looks like a $&*&*#(%& hunch-back troll with his current idle and animations.  He literally claw's up his off-hand when using a pistol, as if he is some sort of... caveman.  He is hyper twitchy, as if his armor is uncomfortable, and he sloops forward as if he is suffering from a spinal injury. 

Not the type of animations i'd expect from a warframe which is supposed to be inspired by one of the greatest military engineers in modern warfare.   I mean he is wearing a freaking High-Tech Tail coat!  The epitome of High Class Royal Command!  But now we added animations to make him look like he's meant to be in a bell tower... what went wrong?

Edited by PyroPaul

I hope an initial release of animations and idle's will come out free... i've literally stopped playing my Vauban because he looks like a $&*&*#(%& hunch-back troll with his current idle and animations.  He literally claw's up his off-hand when using a pistol, as if he is some sort of... caveman.  He is hyper twitchy, as if his armor is uncomfortable, and he sloops forward as if he is suffering from a spinal injury. 

Not the type of animations i'd expect from a warframe which is supposed to be inspired by one of the greatest military engineers in modern warfare.   I mean he is wearing a freaking High-Tech Tail coat!  The epitome of High Class Royal Command!  But now we added animations to make him look like he's meant to be in a bell tower... what went wrong?

The Vauban idle animation reminds me of

Edited by ThePresident777

Wow....not a peep since the 17th? Come on DE <_< Even just a "Hey guys, taking longer than expected. Here's some screenshots of what we've got so far." would be nice. Heck I'd settle for a screeenshot of Steve's R34 desktop wallpaper ._.

Wow....not a peep since the 17th? Come on DE <_< Even just a "Hey guys, taking longer than expected. Here's some screenshots of what we've got so far." would be nice. Heck I'd settle for a screeenshot of Steve's R34 desktop wallpaper ._.

I'm guessing they're saving it for the next major update. But who knows, DE works in mysterious ways ._. can't wait to see what they've come up with.

Edited by CapricaSix

I'm guessing they're saving it for the next major update. But who knows, DE works in mysterious ways ._. can't wait to see what they've come up with.

mhmm me too - the suspense is irksome though. Regular - or even irregular progress updates would be nice. Courteous even. Sometimes I feel that all our interest and enthusiasm for supporting this project - is refunded with blank silence for no apparent reason. >->