Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tusk Bolkors are massively overpowered

dopey_opi

Lately I've been spending more time on the plains of eidolon, gotta farm them eidolons etc etc.  I've also been doing many more bounties.  And bounties have a (literally) fatal flaw: Tusk Bolkors.

At lower levels, say up to lv30 or so, they're a pain to take down but it's doable.  Higher level Bolkors are another matter altogether.  They can kill you almost instantly and have such gargantuan health pools there's no way to take them down.

So here's my proposal:

Keep the Bolkor's massive health and armor, but nerf the insane firepower

or nerf the Bolkor's health to make it killable, but keep the insane firepower.

Either way the status quo right now isn't working.

One tip is not to use fishing spears at them, they dont like it :V

Jokes aside, yeah, these guys not only take damage like a tank, they hit like a tank as well. An important rule is that always go prepared for any situtation.. The Opticor is a pretty good and solid weapon to use at them (Looks pretty darn cool too). Weapons with Corrosive is pretty good to deal with their massive health and armor. Warframe abilites on those guys are also great, like Octavia's Amp or Rhino's roar etc etc.

But overall, yeah, those flying battleships are quick, strong, and have a hell of a bad personality.

9 minutes ago, Sasha_The_Lynx said:

One tip is not to use fishing spears at them, they dont like it :V

Jokes aside, yeah, these guys not only take damage like a tank, they hit like a tank as well. An important rule is that always go prepared for any situtation.. The Opticor is a pretty good and solid weapon to use at them (Looks pretty darn cool too). Weapons with Corrosive is pretty good to deal with their massive health and armor. Warframe abilites on those guys are also great, like Octavia's Amp or Rhino's roar etc etc.

But overall, yeah, those flying battleships are quick, strong, and have a hell of a bad personality.

Corrosive works alright, but it's best paired with Radiation since they're Alloy Armor over Robotic as well. Same tricks that work for dispatching the eidolons quickly also work for Bolkors. They do have 3x the base armor, though, so you'll probably get rid of them faster with a Corrosive shotgun w/ 100% status chance and, say, the Lanka, than trying to whittle their armor down to just a hair above 0 with Shattering Impact first.

2 hours ago, dopey_opi said:

Lately I've been spending more time on the plains of eidolon, gotta farm them eidolons etc etc.  I've also been doing many more bounties.  And bounties have a (literally) fatal flaw: Tusk Bolkors.

At lower levels, say up to lv30 or so, they're a pain to take down but it's doable.  Higher level Bolkors are another matter altogether.  They can kill you almost instantly and have such gargantuan health pools there's no way to take them down.

So here's my proposal:

I don't remember finding anything that I couldn't one shot with my vectis prime in level 60 bounties.....aside from capture targets.
Anyway, I am sure there are many other weapons able to take these enemies down with almost no effort, you might simply need better mods , a catalyst or more formas on them.

Zephyr's turbulence allows for some good Bolkor Ignore, just saying.

Because they can't melee you. It's why I switched from Mesa to Zephyr for plains bounties.

Their damage output certainly is broken, especially with hit-scan-weaponry. But before we talk about making it easier to shoot them down, we should start making shooting down the transporters do anything at all. Because as it is right now, it's absolutly good for nothing to kill the transporters, no matter if they're full or empty. They'll just respawn almost instantaneously. But yes, their armor and health is absolutly messed up aswell. Good thing DE already acknowledged that armor scaling is a problem... oh no wait, that was two years ago ;)

7 hours ago, dopey_opi said:

So here's my proposal:

never notice i use ash in the plains when i do bounties so i just turn invis and wait till it goes

Edited by hellodownthere

8 hours ago, Elyann said:

I don't remember finding anything that I couldn't one shot with my vectis prime in level 60 bounties.....aside from capture targets.
Anyway, I am sure there are many other weapons able to take these enemies down with almost no effort, you might simply need better mods , a catalyst or more formas on them.

What build did you have on your Vectis Prime? Did you use any particular abilities against them?

They're definitely tough, considering they'll tear most frames to pieces and have tons of health (or at least armor) and seem to always have a vantage point over you. However, I always kinda saw them as some sort of flying fortress (not the plane) so I overlooked their power. Yeah they irritate me, but I at least had a reason why they do what they do.

12 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

Corrosive works alright, but it's best paired with Radiation since they're Alloy Armor over Robotic as well. Same tricks that work for dispatching the eidolons quickly also work for Bolkors. They do have 3x the base armor, though, so you'll probably get rid of them faster with a Corrosive shotgun w/ 100% status chance and, say, the Lanka, than trying to whittle their armor down to just a hair above 0 with Shattering Impact first.

This is not possible unless the weapon has innate damage of either kind (i.e. Stug, Nukor). Both damage types include electricity. As for "pairing" with different weapons, swapping weapons is honestly a huge waste of time when there are also mobs coming at you. Best economic way to take one down is to just use corrosive+status builds alone, and if you're really wanting to show off, the radiation+crit method can also work.

2 hours ago, Raspberri said:

This is not possible unless the weapon has innate damage of either kind (i.e. Stug, Nukor). Both damage types include electricity. As for "pairing" with different weapons, swapping weapons is honestly a huge waste of time when there are also mobs coming at you. Best economic way to take one down is to just use corrosive+status builds alone, and if you're really wanting to show off, the radiation+crit method can also work.

Euphona Prime built for Corrosive status and it takes just 2-3 Alt-fire shots to wipe out the armor of a Bolkor. AkBronco Prime and Twin Rogga will work as well, though the latter may need a reload beefore the armor is completely gone. Then a Lanka down it in maybe 3-5 shots to down it in a T5 bounty, less if the combo multiplier is built up or you've got a Riven. 2-3 for a decent Opticor build once the armor is gone or near gone. Of course, the time is shorted if you've got a frame that boosts damage.

As far as weapon swapping being a hassle, Streamlined Form makes it a breeze, though it's hardly too slow when it comes to dealing with the ponderous Bolkors. That said if you're really the type to get hung up by it , you could use a Sarpa with Corrosive damage and Shattering Impact as the Charge shot should take off the armor pretty quickly, especially with a decent combo multiplier and equipped Weeping Wounds.

Shoot the turret and forget about it :P  They have no health and are disabled easily.  Usually the big thing wanders off before its an issue again, if its an issue again, shoot it again :P

Forget all that talk about armor stripping and what to bring and how to do it,  not necessary at all.  But, if you wanna go that route more power to you its not that big a deal either way,  you might just end up accidentally shooting the turret in the process :P

These are one of my favorite things in the plains btw, so please don't try to get them nerfed :P

Edited by BBaw
Reasons

23 minutes ago, BBaw said:

That doesn’t solve the fact that Bolkors and Ogmas are ridiculously overpowered, especially in higher-level bounties.

Your ‘just do this’ comment is the equivalent of a guy I saw in another thread about Senturium and Nyth drop rates being too low saying ‘just trade for it, /thread’, or a guy telling someone with ADHD to ‘just focus’.

The point of fact is that Tusk Bolkors and Tusk Ogmas are too powerful. They are broken and they can kill an unprepared or unaware player almost instantaneously, and in the case of an Ogma even stunlocking them with constant carpet bombings until they die.

I don’t personally mind or care that Firbolgs (the Tusk dropships with no offensive capability) are nearly indestructible, but when it comes to Bolkors who actually are dropships with cannons on them, and Ogma who exist solely to obliterate you with no way to fight back, that’s where the problem lies with them having too much health, armour, and firepower.

Even my Shattering Impact Sarpa (gunblade - melee) that I use to delete Eidolon armour and basically the armour of any other enemy, paired with my 80% Crit and 7.8x CritDmg build multishot Ferrox that can deal upwards of 100k damage per projectile on a generic enemy without innate damage reduction (ie, Nox, Eidolons), can’t take down a Bolkor or Ogma on a Level 40-60 Bounty, or pretty much any bounty in general. Just free roaming I can oneshot a Firbolg but as soon as I run a bounty I’m out of it.

Flying an Archwing to go after them is fine if you’re not surrounded by Tusk Mortar Bombards or Mordda Turrets that will oneshot the Archwing itself, but then you need to content with terrible control over your vehicle as they move constantly.

Ogma bombing runs are waves of at most 20 explosions in the one run, four to eight of which land directly on or right beside your Warframe, which causes your camera to have a massive seizure.

Ogma and Bolkors are too powerful. They need to be dealt with, nerfed with their firepower and health and armour all alike so that they can be destroyed without dealing screw-uppance on another squad. Firbolg are fine as they are, we just need the other two ships nerfed and able to be destroyed in late level bounties so we can stand a chance, rather than using our Archwing to bolt until they despawn and run the risk of ‘Abandoning Objective’.

Edited by (PS4)Aerik93

16 hours ago, Jaysus41 said:

Shooting the cannon itself will disable it for a short while, enough time to kill it or at least take a chunk of its health off.

This. Nuking that gun turret with accurate armor melting firepower should be absolutely top priority when dealing with a Bolkor. I find my crit heavy, radiation flavored Tennora works surprisingly well for that, but other high damage, accurate weapons with decent rates of fire will suffice.

But yeah, I agree that damage and EHP scaling after Level 40 gets a wee bit crazy on those things. Even my Rage-build, healer Oberon needs to take cover from them at times.

They are fine. They are only a real problem in the higher level bounties, which is a good thing IMO. I usually use Zephyr for bounties and you can land right on top of them and get some easy shots. They are not broken. They are just tough and deal a lot of damage. They can still be dealt with pretty quickly tho if you're using the right weapons and builds.