Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Codex

Gandergear

As an MR25 player who doesn't really have much else to do i've been hammering out my codex, as the spoiler shows, i'm basically almost done (My PVE mod codex is 100% :D). Most of these are just gripes but the only one I could be called out for wanting to make easier is the rare container gripe later...

Spoiler

Hopefully this dissuades most players for saying i want stuff 2 be EZPZ

5tKFHRO.jpg

The unscanned items are "Cascade bomb, infested tumor (JV), Reinforced rare oroking st. container", "Carrion Charger eximus, ghoul target (expired), infested mesa, and the quanta/penta ranger eximus units". For the 0 people who are wondering.

I know exactly what i'm missing and where to find them.

What I'm asking for is DE to add literally everything they left out of the codex (grineer systems, orokin systems, these weird lancers that spawn on earth spy that aren't lancers, the lua room music rare chest, corpus walkers in infested tilesets) and add them in, OR change certain units (like those weird lancers) into actual units (actual lancers).

A few examples.

Spoiler

There is only 2 places that spawn 'large grineer exploding barrels", one very specific uranus tile with a flooded lower section, and the one very specific kuva fortress tile that looks oddly like a swastika and you have to enter in only 1 of 4 of its entrances for the bomb to be there, likewise it also takes 12 scans. Why. Anyways, other large grineer exploding barrels that ARENT the same are the ones used in the conveyor heavy grineer spy, and the scaled up ones in the hek bossfight. Make them all "Large Grineer Exploding Barrels" that share the same codex PLEASE!

Orokin Systems, I don't know why but my helios is still scanning the sabotage systems and mobile defense systems despite my codex entry being complete, these are funneling into some weird extra unlisted orokin system, merge them!

Corpus Walkers, they're just moas but named differently and spawn in the eris corpus ships in that one tile with the hanging robot parts, also, mutalist lynx when?

Rare containers: why are they so rare? and why do i need 5/3 scans for the rare/reinforced? I've only ever found 1 orokin rare, 0 reinforced, and i play lua exterminate a LOT. Merge the lua music rare scan (which doesn't have a codex listing) with the proper rare please!

The JV infested tumor and the normal infested tumor should be merged, ESPESCIALLY Since jordas is on hiatus

A few things I 'need'

Spoiler

Make Once Awake and Patient Zero replayable already

Increase chance for the manic bombard fight, it's like a 10% chance to even get that sabotage room! (Note: Drehkar manic bombard in the tyl regor fight is NOT a manic bombard, why?!)

Increase the chance for a kavor eximus charger, I don't like killing them on purpose just to get a normal one over and over! I'm not that sadistic!

Reduce corpus stasis mine scans from 12 to 3, you put players on a time limit and want them to scan the mines? cmon!

Orokin Power Core: why would you make me play this 20 times to scan it, why! Reduce the scans to 5 please!

Baliff Eximus: The only way I got one to spawn was by alerting every spy room and forcing the exterminate, this worked once in 10 tries, where are baliffs hiding DE!

Hacked Drone: This guy didn't even show up in my codex until i scanned him for fun in the plains, what else are you hiding from me DE!!!

Angst: I angst how i keep forgetting to scan her when she comes around

Aerial Commander: My flappy boi, why does he feel so rare?

Prod Crewman Eximus: Nah I don't have a gripe, i'll get my prova boii eventually.

Stalker: Since when you finish the second dream you only ever get faced with the shadow stalker, I guess I could go bother players playing on planets before the second dream quest (uranus and before) but seriously, merge the two please.

Last QOL

Add every name and its location (for example: Hellion: Ceres, sedna, derelict) but keep the picture blacked out, have the entire codex named and where to find them, this allows players to know what the heck they're looking for, because otherwise I just go to the wiki and find out that way. Granted some things like the eximus being right next to the named unit i'll never have to guess (or all the tusks, frontiers, etc being put together) but seriously, manic bombards. They're inbetween mania and mesa spectre, you might not even guess they're manics, or where to find them, because it's entirely possible NOT TO KNOW that the manic bombard is one of the TWO sabotages that almost NEVER SPAWNS!

Update: my last scans are as follows as I continue my epic journey of purposely screwing up spy missions and aborting uranus sabotage missions (all solo btw, i'm not gonna subject anyone to this)

Spoiler

Objects

Rare Orokin Storage Container

Reinforced Orokin Storage Container

Infested Tumor (JV) (Unobtainable)

Enemies

Angst (I'm OK with waiting for them to come around, but why 3 scans? I think 1 scan for boss baddies should really be enough)

Baliff Eximus (seriously I've only ever seen 1 doing the spy-exterminate, and thats in 10+ runs of doing it, never saw a baliff outside of spy/assault, and the one i saw in assault spawned consistantly but wasn't eximus in the 6 attempts i did)

Manic Bomard Eximus (Why do I have to deal with the 10% chance of spawning the bombard sabotage room, and then whatever chance for a manic eximus, please just combine drehkar and manic bombard! Wait, why isn't there a drekar manic bombard eximus, DE why is there a manic bombard eximus?! They only spawn in one location! and there's only one! WHY!)

Stalker (Seriously I don't know how i'm going to find players who haven't finished second dream, DE should combine him & shadow stalker or make a way for us to find normal stalker)

Expired Ghoul Prisoner or something (Ghoul Purge)

Edited by Gandergear
update

That Reinforced Orokin Container is a nightmare to the point where I just stare at Darvo's in jealousy...

I agree that some of the things that need around >20 scans need to be reduced like the aforementioned Orokin Power Core (only on the Grineer Asteroid Defense Tile). Not too long ago, they reduced the Kuva (50 to 3) and the Alpha Ghouls (each from 20 to 3).

The Reinforced Containers are another thing I wish it got reduced to one scan. The Glappid Fish (rarest and most valuable fish) on the Plains only need one scan, but it's drastically easier compared to hunting those crates.

The Helios is also incapable of scanning allies and the Acolytes (could be that they are technically a Warframe and are seen as an ally?), and possibility hidden entries.

It doesn't help that the codex entry's name and the in mission name above the enemy can be different, such as with the Carrion charger eximus; which is named Sanguine Charger during Defection missions.

The Cascade bomb entry needs 3 scans to register fully, though you only have one chance to get it, unless you quit or fail the mission, as the quest is unrepeatable.

Then there is the separate Hyena pack entry, which according to some other threads can be achieved but has very specific perimeters for it to scan and can be sotrie only.

The Helios is also incapable of scanning allies and the Acolytes (could be that they are technically a Warframe and are seen as an ally?), and possibility hidden entries.

It doesn't help that the codex entry's name and the in mission name above the enemy can be different, such as with the Carrion charger eximus; which is named Sanguine Charger during Defection missions.

The Cascade bomb entry needs 3 scans to register fully, though you only have one chance to get it, unless you quit or fail the mission, as the quest is unrepeatable.

Then there is the separate Hyena pack entry, which according to some other threads can be achieved but has very specific perimeters for it to scan and can be sotrie only.

• 2 months later...
On 2018-03-14 at 6:43 PM, Rex-Lykos said:

can you explain plz

6 hours ago, wheels31 said:

Was able to help new players do their quest so that I could scan the cascade bomb. 'The Hyena Pack' and 'The Raptor' have been scanned once each time they appear in Sortie 3.

Started making a list of new entries to the Codex that are missing.

I've made good progress since March, currently i'm only missing the following

-Reinforced orokin container (all scans)

-Eximus Baliff (2 scans left)

-Infested Tumor (The jv one)

-Sigma & Octanis

-Angst

And that's all I got left for the visible codex! (except for new peculiar mods which i'm going to get at my own rate when each one becomes cheap because i'm not playing ESO due to how boring it is)

Also for me cascade bomb only requires 1 scan.

Edited by Gandergear