Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MAKE STALKER FEARED BY PLAYERS ONCE AGAIN

(PSN)crozzbien

Dear DE,

I have been playing warframe for quite sometime now and I have noticed that the STALKER had been getting easier and easier to kill. Especially if the player can switch into tenno mode and avoid the stalker's attacks via void mode and counter with the use of the amps... I have played the quest and based on my understanding, the stalker was suppose to kill the tenno, that was his main objective, right? So how come he gets his ass handed down to him by the ones he's supposed to be hunting?... I have tremendous respect for the stalker back then when your screen turns red and he starts talking...."oh S#&$ oh S#&$! Guys! STALKER STALKER!" .. and everyone just groups up and prepares themselves for one hell of a fight....BUT NOW....screen flickers, stalker starts talking, everyone still chillin, then as he appears ...boom transference + void mode + amp counter attack..AAAAANNNNNDDD booop! Bye bye stalker!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DE! MAKE HIM TERRIFYING, SCARY, FEARED AND RESPECTED AGAIN! 

with all the rivens and op weapons and such.... at least make the game more exciting by using the full potential of the stalker.

THANK  YOU

Maybe the DE can make it so that with each defeat the stalker suffers from a particular player, the more difficult he becomes for that player with the next time he arrives, make it so that the stalkers level rises by 5-10 with each time he is defeated, the higher the stalkers level is, the more likely he is to drop rare goods such as blueprints for agony, despair, etc instead of the same dread blueprint every time.

However, should that player fall to the stalker, the stalker will leave knowing that justice is served (but more accurately, his level will drop back down to nominal levels as will the increased chance at rare goods.)

High Risk = High Reward.

P.s. This idea came to mind when learning about the Index (about how the enemies level rises with each kill/point capitalised.) I figured the stalker could use the same levelling formula.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Skullstachio said:

Maybe the DE can make it so that with each defeat the stalker suffers from a particular player, the more difficult he becomes for that player with the next time he arrives, make it so that the stalkers level rises by 5-10 with each time he is defeated, the higher the stalkers level is, the more likely he is to drop rare goods such as blueprints for agony, despair, etc instead of the same dread blueprint every time.

Pretty sure something like this is already in place for the stalker and the syndicate squads....

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Skullstachio said:

However, should that player fall to the stalker, the stalker will leave knowing that justice is served (but more accurately, his level will drop back down to nominal levels as will the increased chance at rare goods.)

High Risk = High Reward.

P.s. This idea came to mind when learning about the Index (about how the enemies level rises with each kill/point capitalised.) I figured the stalker could use the same levelling formula.

From the Stalker's wiki page:

• Stalker has a base spawn level of 30. While partially influenced by the level of enemies in the mission, his level upon next spawn for the targeted player increases every time the player or their squad succeeds in defeating him, as with all assassins. If the player dies to him, said factor will reset

For other suggestions, the player-controlled Stalker at Tennocon looked interesting...

21 minutes ago, Maicael said:

From the Stalker's wiki page:

• Stalker has a base spawn level of 30. While partially influenced by the level of enemies in the mission, his level upon next spawn for the targeted player increases every time the player or their squad succeeds in defeating him, as with all assassins. If the player dies to him, said factor will reset

For other suggestions, the player-controlled Stalker at Tennocon looked interesting...

if that was the case then he should be way tougher against me than he currently is :I 

11 часов назад, (PS4)crozzbien сказал:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DE! MAKE HIM TERRIFYING, SCARY, FEARED AND RESPECTED AGAIN! 

Return to update 8*legends mode on* Black Excalibur with a bow. Came out of nowhere and oneshots you. And you are playing solo.

12 hours ago, (XB1)Skullstachio said:

High Risk = High Reward.

This would be awesome, more RNG sure but i also feel like the stalker is more of a guy who's just there to drop dreads and then drop dead, i remember when stalker was tough in my early game, now its just ganging up on stalker with a melee weap just for sh.. and giggles 

i'd love if they introduced umbra with a slight rework on stalker based on what you said. just imagine how awesome it would be to fight a lvl 100 stalker i don't even mind the loot i just want a fight that will put me on edge that "aw yeah come on you bastard bring it on"

1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

in fact, yes.

If we are no longer weak, we don't have the incentive to getting stronger through grinding, and would just quit playing.

However if you're forever weak you -can't- get strong through grinding because you're forever weak. And ultimately there's no point to trying since you can never accomplish your goal. When faced with a sisyphean task that doesn't encourage people to try harder, since it's pointless, it instead encourages them to give up and let the boulder crush them. After which... then, yeah, you just quit playing.

Since the stalker a) has no drops I don't already have and b) always seems to show up when I'm running freshly forma'd gear.... Thank f*ck the Stalker is a pushover to the new amps. At least G3 "finishes" the mission for you, and the syndicate ones drop blueprints (B> more Loka invasions lol). Stalker and Zenuka are just annoying.

If you want people to want a stronger stalker, give him a reason to be farmed once you're at the point where Dread/Despair/Hate/War/BWar are all mastery fodder you've completed and you're sitting on 5+ of all of his mod drops and have completed Leaf Red for your clan. Give me a reason to not see him as an annoyance.

Only then will I support him not being a pushover to a kitted space kid.

Oh and uh... if you want a hard G3, have them spawn during a Kuva Flood. The sniper will oneshot you if you aren't in a particularly tanky frame.

Edited by TheBlueJelly
Forgot War/BWar

Okay, so you want the Stalker to be strong. But did you think this through from both ends of the spectrum?

The reason the Stalker is easy is because the modding system increases the power of weapons ludicrously above all else. If we match the strength of the Stalker to those players who have Rivens, Primed mods and every other powerful event mod, rare mods, all maxed out with the best weapons in game... than what about those players who don't have any of that? The Stalker would become a guaranteed death sentence for them.

And we all know how "feared and respected" a guaranteed death is in games. Just look at how much people praise that about the Glast Gambit for instance!

4 hours ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

However if you're forever weak you -can't- get strong through grinding because you're forever weak. And ultimately there's no point to trying since you can never accomplish your goal. When faced with a sisyphean task that doesn't encourage people to try harder, since it's pointless, it instead encourages them to give up and let the boulder crush them. After which... then, yeah, you just quit playing.

We are generalizing the statement too much when the post is just talking about the stalker case. And, you misread my point also. 

let me rephrase my point: if none of the enemies are able to make us feel weak, we can't have the satisfaction of getting stronger and overcome the obstacle anymore. Without such feeling, it would signal us that we beated the game, that there is nothing left to conquer. (and the sisyphus references is completely unrelated here, feel weak =/= impossible task)

Right now, there are only the eidolons are capable of invoking that feel for more advanced players, but they are no stalker. The feeling of being scared when the light flickering are just ... being robbed for newer player as the OP said. Furthermore, it created a bad contrast impression on how scary stalker are in the quest, and pre 2nd dream quest, with how pathetic the fight are after u build your amp. We only suppose to have pity feeling for Ordis, not Stalker.

I never feared stalker. I had 2 reactions

1) Hey look stalker, wonder if he will drop war this time
or
2) Great I am solo, leveling a low level weapon, on mercury, on Loki, and I am about to waste a revive. 

Stalker has no "Teeth" he is not hard to kill, and if he does kill you, you lose a revive....whoop de doo.... 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Dornez:

Stalker has no "Teeth" he is not hard to kill, and if he does kill you, you lose a revive....whoop de doo.... 

I'd love to see a mission like the one from Zanuka added for the Stalker. Also i would appreciate if the old "Stalker kills you and you are his target = No Revives for the reminder of the Mission (in Solo play = Missionfailure)" would come back.

I agree with this.

I think that way Stalker spawns need to change,that part when he spawns kneeling and slowly getting up.Intro and warnings of him coming is ok but the place where he spawns should be a surprise and he should attack as soon as he spawns.

All warframe powers should be nullified and couldn't be casted if he is present.Same as you were in nullifiers shield.I just hope this wouldnt bug the game after Stalker dies or leaves.

Stalker should be more oriented on melee attacks than casting abilities.Some new faster attacking methods should be made for him.