Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a Hotfix adressed to Tridolons...fast

GnarlsDarkley

It's getting worse with everyday passing...

Like Friday there were some minor problems (for us). Rarley ported Tridolons even with enough charged Lures or my Frame decided to holster his primary (Vectis) for no reason and refused to reload.

Yesterday we decided to stop with Tridolons...it's just not fun anymore. Harry did port 7 times in one fight and we had all the charged Lures tied to Trinity which didnt move more than 10 meters away from him. Next not only my Frame decided to holster his Primary, my clan and suqdmates have the same problem...after about 2-3 shots...we have to switch to secondary and back or use Transference. Unnecessary time consuming.

Another run we had to search for 9 MInutes for Vomvalysts to spawn.

Armor stripping only counts for the host (we tried this around 20 times through several nights). Host (Chroma) gets red health bar and does a huge amount of dmg (50-100k without Madurai) and clients with the same loadout right next to him (so they do have Vex Armor buffs) do only 3-5k. With 4x corrosive all doing the same dmg.

This can't just be us or is it?

Hello,

And do not forget those lures getting in front of you when shooting, so all shots, and your entire vision, are blocked.

Many fixes are needed, I have experienced all this in the same hunting:

- Eidolon will teleport even when lures are attached and fully charged.

- Damage is not registered at all, shooting a more than 20K radiation damage capable weapon, with buffs from a Chroma in the team, does 0 damage (shield from Eidolon was removed), I do not understand which the collision cage is for these Eidolon's parts, in special the arms, but it is very similar with the legs too.

- The Eidolon hunting time is not exact. The Eidolon enters in his invulnerability escape mode minutes before the real time for the hunting runs out.

- Many times you are stuck not being able to use your abilities, or weapons, this may be due to out of the sync data after dying, but it is a real pain in the... when happens.

Not a bug, but a hassle:

- The illumination and effects should be toned down, a little at least. In its current status you barely will see something. It is spectacular, but impractical.

- The lures getting in your way when shooting.

IMHO, the time for the hunting should be extend a little, if not, the hunting is a niche adventure only practical for... :

Spoiler

Chromas + Trinitys + {Opticors, Plasmors, Lankas} with full and dedicated radiation damage

Kind regards

Edited by (PS4)Khaleg
Fix typos

Here are the bugs our team ran into, and we aren't even running those hunts much.
- Someone dies as an operator and gets stuck forever in some limbo. No, not the frame. They can't move, use abilities and take no damage from anything. They are just stuck forever and ever.
- Softer case of the above when someone just can't use abilities or melee anymore. At least this can be fixed by dying.
- You thought Dolan (local codename) teleporting with lures attached is bad? How about Dolan teleporting with lures attached even though we haven't even broken the next node yet? The thing just goes "lolnope" and teleports out in the middle of a fight.
- Huge inconsistencies in damage. Shooting the exact same spot twice in a row can deal vastly different amount of DMG. Even moreso, red hit marker (aka "headshot") deals less damage than shooting some other random parts of Dolan.
- Dolans doing damage from beyond the grave. Somehow in some cases they manage to do an attack while melting during the capture animation.

So yeah. It's not very fun tbh.

For the teleporting Eidolons;
It seems like it only happens if it's near the water (like, one foot in the lake). Let them walk away from the water before you nuke them and it shouldn't be a problem.
I have done 14-15 runs using this "tactic" and they haven't re-spawned once.

The worst bug I've encountered in pubs (both experiencing it myself and seeing others in the group get it several times) is that sometimes when you go down or die (I'm not sure the exact cause) you enter an extremely broken state where you can not cast any ability or re-enter operator mode. Weeks ago you could fix this by jumping into a lake, but that doesn't seem to work anymore (or doesn't always work apparently). It may have something to do with what kills you or possibly hitting the self res key timed a certain way as someone else tries to res you. This obviously is more likely to occur in pubs where people go down or die a lot more often than in an organized group. 

Another bug is if you dash as an operator and sort of land in water accidentally as you also hit the key to exit operator. I'm not sure if it requires really specific timing, but it can force you into a state where you can literally not do anything at all in your warframe. You can't shoot or use abilities or even jump or have significant control over your movement. You sort of drift forward with momentum and can sort of barely control your trajectory. If you are lucky and drift into a lake/water that will port you back out that seems to fix the problem. Otherwise you'd probably just have to alt-f4 or something. 

I also once had a bug where I lost my main weapon. There were no grineer to steal it (do those even spawn on the plains?) and it wasn't on the map. It happened after going down and getting back up. It was just gone and I could't access it or get it back again for that session. I believe that also happened along with an inability to go back into operator mode. 

There were a lot of bug fixes in the patch that just came out, some of which are fairly vague talking about fixing various script errors. Hopefully some of them apply to the horrible bugfest that is the plains. 

Edited by Borg1611

I think that in order to get a enjoyable experience, a mix with bug fixing and increasing the usability is needed. The problem is not only the bugs, it is that the hunts are very visually stressing. Too many brilliant lights, with too much intensity; add to this 5, 6 lures getting in your way, with their bright lights too; Eidolons having little collision cages in the parts to be destroyed.

There is another problem too. Prior to the latest two updates, each Eidolon part would keep the damage after destroying a part. Now all parts are reset after destroying one. This poses an additional difficulty to team play, because you need all people shooting the same part each time, you would say, use the voice chat to organize the team, ok, it is fine, but please take into account that in the same team there will be people speaking different languages, so this coordination through voice communication not always is possible. In the ideal situation a feature allowing putting a marker on the Edolon's parts would be very handful. This mark would be limited to a change of the color for the marked part, for example a purple / red tint, instead a traditional marker that would get in the way your line of sight.

What do you think? Would you found helpful being able to mark the Eidolon's parts so a more coordinated attack would be possible, or may be learning a language, different from your mother tongue, is a "meta game" required for the game?

Kind regards

Edited by (PS4)Khaleg
Fix typos

getting very fed up of this

can we get a fix to stop them from teleprting around, and look into why the shrine does not work with certain hosts!

these two bugs should have been addressed weeks ago and are gettin more frequent with every patch.

13 minutes ago, zAph. said:

getting very fed up of this

can we get a fix to stop them from teleprting around, and look into why the shrine does not work with certain hosts!

these two bugs should have been addressed weeks ago and are gettin more frequent with every patch.

Its funny they fixed some bugs for eidolons but specifically not the most big issues to begin with.

When the teralyst first came out last year it was also pretty buggy but DE fixed most of them relatively fast and it became smooth sailing since this shrine of the eidolon update. I agree it's taking an awful long time for some of these more severe bugs to be fixed. They tried to fix the hitboxes in a previous patch so at least they're looking into it. I just wish they would put a lot more focus and priority into fixing this though, because this has been the main new content they introduced this year so far and it's still pretty buggy. 

I often get a bug where I have my main hand or off hand weapon equipped, but my frame is holding their melee weapons in the same position the gun should be held. I can shoot my weapon, but I cannot reload or use secondary fire modes. Even when emptying the magazine, it will just sit at 0. The only way to fix this for me is to swap weapons and swap back. This has happened to me in nearly every part of the game, including tridolons.

It's becoming absurd. Eidolons now even teleport while in downed state (having killed all 4 or 6 synovia). You move to their new spot, and then they "re-teleport" back to that same spot, and re-emerge from the water with a full shield. I haven't had a bug-free Eidolon night in months now.

DE please, stop releasing new stuff, and fix eidolons first!!

About the respawn bug:
It's usually connected to nearby water and extremely fast kills (void strike, uinaru). The Eidolons change directions as soon they suffer considerable damage to shields or limbs. If you hurt them at the shoreline, they wiggle around that line and are prone to respawns.  I think it's a badly programmed fail safe mechanism in case the Eidolon walks into water and cannot be hurt by Operators or Warframes. DE probably hadn't VS-Wisp-Meta-Teams in mind when designing the Eidolon fights.

My tip:
Before dealing any damage to Gantulyst and Hydrolyst, let them move 20-30m away from the shore. The time isn't lost, use it to further charge your void strikes. It's better to wait those few seconds and not to bug than doing an instant-limb kill and risking several respawns and the loss of void strike charges and the involved time.

Any tips about the bloody Shrine bug?
This is a royal pain in the behind, truly nerve-wrecking. Sometimes removing and inserting the shards help, often it doesn't and you have to abandon the run. Has anybody a safe method to do this?

Today I saw an entirely new incarnation of "Eidolon acting as if no lures are attached, even though they clearly are" bug. It was all the more frustrating, since it happened on kill/capture. All lures attached, we got the message "sentient energy contained", all lures still alive when dealing the final blow, and yet eidolon ends up being killed instead of captured, and we're left looking stupid with a bunch of lures to mock us.

This happened twice in a row, we took the bounty from Cetus (also got a pretty "Bounty failed" message to cheer us up), both happened for Garry. The first time we thought that maybe Trin got a bit too far away with the lures when we dealt the final blow, so we tried again, this time paying attention. All the lures were nicely attached, alive and kicking, Garry was nowhere near the water, nor we depleted its health particularly fast, and yet he just decided to die on us. Not fun, please fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

Harry did port 7 times in one fight and we had all the charged Lures tied to Trinity which didnt move more than 10 meters away from him.

I dont want to brag but, Hydrolyst Has FREE TP in his Abilities, If someone fo ya watched devstreams u could see that Hydrolyst can Teleport Freely when he wishes to do it, So thats not a bug.

Am 13.3.2018 um 08:27 schrieb GnarlsDarkley:

Next not only my Frame decided to holster his Primary, my clan and suqdmates have the same problem...after about 2-3 shots...we have to switch to secondary and back or use Transference. Unnecessary time consuming.

I am having this now permanent with every weapon (primary, secondary and sometimes melee lol). And it also can happen in every normal mission as well. FIX IT!