Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr tweaks for Prime release.

Caelward

I'm gonna keep this simple.

Please let her move around while charging up for Tailwind. Standing still breaks her flow.

Please Unlock her hover so she doesn't remain in a static position. Allow her a degree of airborne control to move around.

And the most important.

Merge Divebomb into her Airburst. Have it function so that while you are using tailwind, tapping airburst will have Zephyr smash down to the ground. If Zephyr is not in the midst of a tailwind dash, then she uses airburst. This would eliminate any targeting confusion or the need to even purposefully look down. Just tap 1 and 2 in quick succession and she Divebombs. This would also serve as emergency brakes for tailwind overshooting.

Edited by Caelward

Just now, Aggh said:

Only a zephyr player wouldn't know how annoying zephyr is to other players lol.

Are you talking about tornado or are you talking about airburst.

Regardless, None of the recent changes to Zephyr are related to anything I asked for, so thanks for lumping me in with the perceived group.

Just now, Caelward said:

Are you talking about tornado or are you talking about airburst.

Regardless, None of the recent changes to Zephyr are related to anything I asked for, so thanks for lumping me in with the perceived group.

Everything.  She takes ages to kill stuff and just bounces enemies around.  The only warframe that is more annoying is limbo.

Edited by Aggh

1 minute ago, Aggh said:

Everything.  She takes ages to kill stuff and just bounces enemies around.  The only warframe that is more annoying is limbo.

Well then its a good thing DE discarded literal years of feedback and went with their own updates or this might have actually changed.

Thanks for the useless input though. I had hopes for this thread, but they're gone now.

1. Yes to that, as long as I can still do the derpy praise-the-sun pose when charging in place or while running around like a chicken.

2. Didn't know I want that til now. Let her levitate at a slower move speed in the air would be great.

3. Anything to let me stop above where I want when I want. Tail Wind's recast delay is holding it back IMO (no recast delay like Void Dash would be great here).

A few tweaks I would personally like to see for Zephyr:

• Personally I would prefer if they scrapped the hover mechanic from Tailwind and just gave her an extended Air Glide time as a passive. The current mechanic takes too long to charge and just leaves her a sitting duck (heh).
  • Instead of Divebomb requiring Zephyr to look down at the floor, I think she should simply generate a shockwave whenever she crashes into any surface mid-Tailwind, regardless of the angle. Could make the sub-ability a bit more versatile and easier to pull off (and it take anything away from the base ability to have it function as such).
  • I think Zephyr could afford to decelerate a bit faster at the end of Tailwind. The fact that she retains momentum after the ability duration ends is certainly nicer than coming to a complete halt, but outside the PoE the distance travelled post ability is a bit overkill and usually results in you sliding into walls constantly.
  • Tornadoes need to move significantly faster towards the reticule when aiming down sights, as it stands Tornadoes aren't super reliable when left to their own devices, and while I think the "RC tornado" mechanic really synergizes with her ability to get a bird-eye's view (heh) of the map, at the moment steering them is nearly useless since most enemies and briskly walk faster than them.

6 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

• Personally I would prefer if they scrapped the hover mechanic from Tailwind and just gave her an extended Air Glide time as a passive. The current mechanic takes too long to charge and just leaves her a sitting duck (heh).
  • Instead of Divebomb requiring Zephyr to look down at the floor, I think she should simply generate a shockwave whenever she crashes into any surface mid-Tailwind, regardless of the angle. Could make the sub-ability a bit more versatile and easier to pull off (and it take anything away from the base ability to have it function as such).
  • I think Zephyr could afford to decelerate a bit faster at the end of Tailwind. The fact that she retains momentum after the ability duration ends is certainly nicer than coming to a complete halt, but outside the PoE the distance travelled post ability is a bit overkill and usually results in you sliding into walls constantly.
  • Tornadoes need to move significantly faster towards the reticule when aiming down sights, as it stands Tornadoes aren't super reliable when left to their own devices, and while I think the "RC tornado" mechanic really synergizes with her ability to get a bird-eye's view (heh) of the map, at the moment steering them is nearly useless since most enemies and briskly walk faster than them.

She already had an extended air glide as part of her natural passive.

Having dive-bomb be activated when hitting a surface is one of. Many. Suggestions. that were ignored.

I'm still uncertain as to why her tailwind distance mechanics were changed...

I think Tornado 'aiming' is a waste of time. The only reason I can see using it is because I'm trapped in a hover I never. ever. wanted. Something I argued loudly against the moment I was aware of, but we got it anyways.

14 hours ago, Caelward said:

Well then its a good thing DE discarded literal years of feedback and went with their own updates or this might have actually changed.

^

14 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

-1 Basically yeah, just increase the time before terminal velocity/gravity kicks in, but damn, let us disable passive by pressing C so we can quick fall.
-2 as Cael said was yeah...asked for in hundreds of posts.
-3 Doesn't matter too much to me, I would prefer this over last form if there was no anim lock or we wall latched or the TW anim stopped upon world geometry collision.
-4 Funnel cloud tornadoes are a bit better in this regard but still, just one tornado going where you tell it is kind of eh.  If we could control the whole cluster and do to all of them what you do with one (click aim and it will head there, you don't need to hold), Zeph would be pretty fightening.  As it is though, funnel clouds can be pretty ridiculous with certain setups.  Needs more reliability though.

Edited by Terrornaut

8 hours ago, Caelward said:

She already had an extended air glide as part of her natural passive.

As far as I can tell her Aim Glide time is the same as every other Warframe. She just has a reduced gravity effect as a passive (which tbh is more annoying than useful if you ask me).

19 minutes ago, Paradoxbomb said:

As far as I can tell her Aim Glide time is the same as every other Warframe. She just has a reduced gravity effect as a passive (which tbh is more annoying than useful if you ask me).

TW refreshes Aim Glide, but otherwise yeah its the same.  I honestly wish we could just disable the passive or press C to descend normally like any other frame.  The only time I want the reduced gravity is after a TW or bullet jump.