Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream #12 - Dev Q&a On August 14 @ 2 Pm Edt!

[DE]Rebecca

Steve said a long time ago that the card system was cool because it easily let them add new things without the need to rework the system, one of the things that stuck out for a lot of folks is the mention of powers. Meaning that you could just drop new power cards whenever you wanted to.

As all Warframes are being looked over, Trinity and Ember are coming up, we already got the first round through and we saw that new power cards were added but the old ones were taken away. So my question is.... is there a chance that old powers can stay/come back to make frames more customizable?

Will we ever see 2v2 clan pvp??

I know you guys are trying to avoid taking emphasis off of the PvE experience in game, but I must say that all our clan talks about is 2v2 pvp in dueling arena or a worldwide pvp format(would be waaaaay more awesome)

While there is a certain amount of satisfaction from laying all clan mates to waste, defeating other clan's members would provide MUCH more satisfaction.

What is the next new frame not counting a prime, in the works?

Question1: Will currently greatly underpowered mods get a facelift (resist mods, punctures etc)?

Question2: Any infested based weekend event (expanding, evolving, outbreak)?

Question3: Older and inferior weapon boosts. Many good looking weapons are in many ways too weak to be worth using besides for mastery exp.

You finally added Vauban alt helms but still no Sentinel BPs. When will they be a login/alert reward or a boss drop drop in game.  Also a related suggestion, you could make a boss that Manufactures the Sentinels and has them guarding him/her/it and a BP is the reward for killing it.

Q1: When will the ninja-scarves be implemented in-game ?

Q2: Are there any more appearance customizing options for warframes/weapons to come ?

Q3: Is Rhinos current Iron Skin effect final ? It seems a little bit to squarish & globby imo. 

Great Job! to everyone on the team continuing to make improvements to Warframe and most of all listening to the communities ideas.

Now that there's a fair amount of content in the game in terms of weapons and Warframes, do you guys intend to dedicate more time into improving and balancing the elements that already exist rather than add new content?

Not to sound rude or say that events and new weapons aren't fun, though I think their is already a fair amount of content in the game, but now it's time to resolve some of the core issues with the game (Imbalance of power between Warframes and between early to late game content, many older weapons being lackluster or useless, the infamous armor scaling that is the main reason half the weapons in the game are useless, lack of story, drop tables, etc).

A lot of people seem to be asking about new content, and while there's nothing wrong with that, I feel that this close to retail (just a few months if I'm not mistaken) it's crucial to make sure the game is solid at it's core so people will actually buy the thing. Then you can release new weapons and such down the road.

That's not to say that adding new tilesets, improving bosses/enemies, and trying new mechanics is bad, that's stuff that does need to be done, but I think we've reached the point where improving upon what you have should take priority over events or new, crazy OP weapons that outshine existing ones..

Although I would like it see some more things done with stealth, but I think that falls under building upon what you have anyway.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Any chance that the never used elemental damage resistance mods will get their own slot in the warframe mod UI? For example there being 2 new slots that are reserved just for elemental damage resistance mods.

Can you confirm/deny if the new Arsenal/mod UI will be in U10?

Q: Are you planning to implement customization options for weapons themselves (not referring to mods).

detailled explanation of a (possible) way to do it:

Dread:

Optional 1: Tense Limb; -15% charge speed, +10% charge damage, -5% faster travel time, -5% drop

Optional 2: Phantom Arrow; no travel time (hitscan), +20% charge speed, -30% damage (charge and normal)

Flux Rifle:

Optional 1: High Output; +15% damage, -25% clip size

Optional 2: Endurance; -10% damage, +30% clip size, -10% reload speed

you'd only be able to choose 1 out of 2 upgrades, just as with the alternative helmets. the idea is that you can shape your weapon more to your playstyle and even make older and/or inferior weapons viable for higher level game-play. Of course the advantage has to be balanced with the disadvantage one way or another

Edited by Alighierian

Question time! Yay!

#1: Why were the Stance not made as options? (IE: Something like the helmets, where we can choose to use them)

#2: I didn't realize Rhino second Iron Skin graphic as getting a bad rep, Can you tell us what kind of feedback your hearing on the the new skin?

#3: Dojo Architect Interface: Will we be able to plan out the entire Dojo in the future? Or is "One room at a time" a limitation of the system?

#4: Rebecca needs her own Lotus Warframe. Not a question, a factual statement.

#5: Bows have mods only they can use, are their plans for Mods specifically for other weapons? (IE: Glave/Miter penetrating foe on death instead of bouncing off them.)

#6: Vandel Warframes Please?

#7: Where is Ember's Warframe Profile?

First of Hi Rebecca , I  simply have two questions/suggestions this time.

First for Warframes nightmare mode would it be possible to make the Nightmares toggleable , and to be able to select the type of nightmare similar to what we can see in halo games with the skulls. or have the level not have a nightmare at all.

Secondly would it be possible to add a way to find mods quicker when trying to equip for certain missions, maybe a different folder were your Favorite mods would be separated similar to how the  normal mod folder can be organized, or  a search function.

PS. what sort of bribe dose the Nyx Fan Club need to make to get a Nyx Prime, side note she must have cat like ears.

First off, we need one very important question answered:  will Sheldon be saved in the next livestream?

Okay, so my serious question pertains to Warframe's endgame.  I know nightmare mode was supposed to be a psuedo-endgame, and it’s a step in the right direction (I mean, it’s more difficult) but, well, it's still a bit grindy and rushy.

In nightmare mode you can complete the mission by rushing past everyone with ghost or some other invisibility, effectively making it more risky to fight than to just run.  That leaves you running through a level attempting to dodge as many enemies as you can and fighting (probably with an ultimate which one-shots everything) only when absolutely necessary, and your reward?

Your reward is a mod which potentially makes you more adept at killing things or being survivable, something which isn’t actually needed since you can just run through anyway.  And running isn’t a challenge.  It’s a thoughtless task that essentially adds more grinding to the game.

I know that might be a little harsh, but I know you all appreciate constructive criticism as well.  And anyway, I have faith that you’ll address these problems and continue to make Warframe better than it already is.

So my main question is this:

What plans do you have, if any, for creating a challenging and rewarding endgame in Warframe?

why don't you let them finish creating the lore story missions ect and get the game out of beta and fix the bugs and problems first lol

Firstly you guys are doing a great job with this game, I really can't get enough of it. Now questions:

Where did you guys come up with the design for the void?

What warframes and weapons are the favorites around the office?

Any warframe concepts that you guys nixed that might make an apperance still?

Any plans on implementing weather effects for planetside maps (rain, snow, etc.)?

Speaking to the PS3 owners, what games are you guys playing now?

And finally why don't you guys have an offical tumblr account? If it wasn't for the tumblr posts that I saw leading up to E3 I wouldnt't have even known about this wonderful game.

Thanks fo your time and keep up the good work.

1) Is there consideration to have custom weapon systems where instead of gathering blueprints, you gather weapon parts and can merge certain parts together to make a weapon based on the stats provided by the part, thus to create a completely custom weapon? (IE A stock with + 2 recoil reduction, barrel with +3 accuracy, etc.)

2) Will there be any more further customization for key bindings for players who use controllers - such as double binding much like how keyboard and mouse players have at the moment?

Edited by BladeMaverick

Q1. Can we get a revision towards "Clan Rewards" in events down the road?

Reason: Currently its only the "Top" clan in each tier (meaning first place) that gets a statue. Therefore if the top clan gets a large enough headway you have people in clans look at it and basically end contributing towards the event at all because all that would happen is good old bragging rights. I think this should be expanded to prevent that as well as to give more rewards to at least placing in a high ranking.

Q2. Can we get a system to remove parts we DONT need from void runs?

Reason: If you say have a paris prime, latron prime, frost prime. You don't need those parts again. I'd LOVE the ability to remove them from possible drops (this would require randomization on each player instead of each void run.)

Q3. Can we get an "Impeach" option for missing warlords?

What is the future of the clan Dojo?  Will it become a more interactive part of the game, allowing more players at a time inside?  I saw some really good ideas in a post (I don't remember who the OP was though), about having mission launch/group forming within the dojo and being able to launch missions without leaving the dojo.  Also perhaps some type of leaderboard activity for the obstacle course, and maybe add in a shooting range?

I think a clan dojo should make the clan members enter the dojo for more than grabbing a BP or doing a solo run of the obstacle course.  It should be a social place.

What is the rationale behind recent events awarding 4 times as many points for a coop run, when it is already quicker and easier to complete the event coop than it is running solo; coop content in warframe is a cakewalk.

It is you, DE, that claim to support solo play, so support it fairly; solo players don't expect an easier time playing solo, most chose solo because at higher levels it is harder, much harder. However, difficulty and reward are different; where is the balance when they have do 400% more runs for the same reward.

While I have no problem facing greater difficulty solo, I do not expect to be rewarded less for having expended more effort, frankly its asinine and clearly back to front. Plan a solo only event, restrict it to high level zones and see how the community would respond to that, the majority would be outraged, most would not stand a chance, yet you expect your solo community to swallow this crap with every event.

Just how easy do you have to make the game for all the bad coop players before you are happy?

Edited by HexCaliber