Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream #12 - Dev Q&a On August 14 @ 2 Pm Edt!

[DE]Rebecca

When will you begin to add new Infested enemies to the game (excluding J3 Golem's rework)? The Infested haven't been getting very much spotlight since you gave the Ancient's a new look.

Will you completely rework existing Infested units instead of new additions?

Will you or have you already started work on a much-needed revamp of enemy AI?

Finally, how often do you look at the ideas for the game the Forum's community comes up with outside of the Design Council? There really are a few specks of gold in that pool of ideas that a large portion of the Tenno think you should implement.

Why has the game to run in host/client mode and not on servers? What was the decision there? Because an awful lot of people have problems grouping. Makes playing together a pain in the butt.

Is it about money? Account data and player progess and so on is already stored on a server.

I'd like to hear the developer's thoughts on some of the less used movements in the game such as rolling, blocking, and aim-backflips. Any plans to work out these defensive techniques and make them more relevant?

Also, I know this probably comes up a lot, but what are you guys doing with Armor scaling, non-armor ignore weapons yadda yadda. It's really the only thing right now that really still bothers me about the game. weapon balance in general. There are a lot of very cool weaker weapons that don't really serve a purpose.

Also, any updates on the gender option request? I would love to play a male Saryn, even if I have to spend plat on it.

Edited by Fundance

I absolutely love the game, love the dev/user involvement, if you ever come to California I will buy the beers!

That said, looking forward to end game content, Is there a way that we could possibly fight packs of Hyena's were they are working together, and the squad has to work together to take them down, not just have to bullet sponge the lot of them.

When will there be materials in the void, and for that matter when will we have more rewards for finding and opening locked lockers, because now Master Thief is expensive with little to no return, especially when you have ammo efficient guns, and even when not there isn't much reason because of lack of mats/mods/bps dropping from these lockers.

Puncture, help....  in the future I would hope that a sniper rifle could penetrate more than a foot or so.  Currently A Barrett 50 caliber sniper rifle with a depleted uranium round can puncture through hardened steel not to mention through reinforced concrete and a body or two... the point here is the tech already exists to get rounds to puncture much further than a foot. I saw an idea linking damage to pen, which I thought was a great idea,... also, why cant lasers penetrate, I mean, Lasers can melt metal already to shoot through them...

Lastly, Destructive environs, why not?  I mean there is this wicked cool pillar of ice, why can i destroy it? why can we penetrate doors but not put holes in them or destroy them with explosive rockets/arrows. we have a lot of different tile sets, that could easily be made to look very different with the addition of different props randomly and make some of the destroy-able.  Or collapse some caverns and then leave it to us to bust through them with antimatter and what not. Interactive environs make for great gaming via immersion!

What are the developer (group or individual) stances on addressing the issue of Armor Scaling that is being brought up relatively frequently on the forums? Do you intend to make all weapons decently viable, or are players supposed to progress from normal weapons to those that ignore armor values?

Will you please, please, please consider making Hek into a decrepit, corrupted bureaucrat fused into a Grineer-styled spider/crab walker-throne-thingy with a belt-fed Hek mounted on one of the arms? That would be totally awesome.

I have a few questions actually. :D

1. We've had events in all shapes and sizes, what about an Infestation event now? One with several phases and with increasing difficulty that spans over a week such as the Arid Fear would be nice, and you could take advantage of the hive-mind aspect of the Infestation to further develop the lore around this mass space plague. Will we see an Infested-themed event in the future?

2. Rumours speak about a hostile Tenno... the question is: are hostile Tennos possible? Assuming this enemy is actually existing, are we going to see more in the future?

3. Which is the next Prime Warframe we're going to see?

4. Will the Corpus have their own mining base tileset, like the Grineer asteroid base? I have thought of an icy crystal mine, to keep it along the lines of their snowy outpost, but if you have plans for it what are they?

5. In the Operation: Arid Fear video we heard the Corpus speaking English instead of their own language. Also, the Grineer don't use their language often, with the exception of bosses. Will we hear the Grineer speak it consistently in the future? - Also, some rumours say that we will have the option to change the localization to hear them speak either their native languages or English; is that true? Is that possible?

I will reserve this post for more questions if I come up with them.

Q1: When can we expect the UI update ?

Q2: Can you explain what changes is planned for UI so far? Or a preview?:)

Q3: Can we expect the daily rewards to change any time soon?

Q4: Are you planning to introduce a system to allow for "easier" obtaining of single pieces for a warframe, like a discounted price from market, transfusion of other piece blueprints to obtain a random one?

- When Nyx is gonna be reviewed at? (specifically Psychic Bolt and Absorb) look here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/40146-fix-ma-nyx-x1000-marks/

- Next Prime? Who and When?

- Mag's skill need further reworks: Increase % of Shield Polarize to 70-75% at max lvl and let Crush do Armor Piercing damage

- More aesthetic customization beside helmets? (such as armors?)

- New Gram skin please!! (or Prime version of it!)

1.when are you planning a new mods management system ?

2.What about in game balancing frames and weapons ?

3.When can we hope for a real end game ?

PS:

When are you planning to nerf nova ? : p : p

When are you planning to fix my nyx ? : p : p

Question one: will you stop dodging questions ?

Question two: will there be alternative ways to get void keys ?

Question three: why are the rewards for missions outside of defense so lackluster... they take time to play also

Question four: why is the only new content behind a paywall AGAIN (new void)

Question five: why did you just dodge all of my questions....

1. In past livestreams, DE told that they are planning to give Warframe n Weapon Slots based on Mastery Level. So my Q is -

When can we expect that to be implimented(like Update 10 or 11 or 12) or if the idea has been removed from ur Plans?

2. Trading or Gifting System-

When can we expect this system to be implemented and will we be able to trade or gift Warframe BP or Weapon BP?

(I have 5 Ember Chassis BP,but I dont need them :-( )

Quote:

"VOLT can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage Warframe perfect for players who want a potent alternative to gun-play."

I can hope only on my guns in battle. But why my favorite warframe become so weak eventually? Offensive abilities useful only on low level enemies, and totaly useless on high level.
Maybe you want me to run through the missions as mad without any "war" (let's call this game "Runframe" then).

Near Nova
I feel worthless as Volt, especially in Defence mission type.

Any changes for Volt planned?

When are you planning to nerf nova ? : p : p

When are you planning to fix my nyx ? : p : p

Just wait until new frame release.

Edited by Skynin

1. The game is just beta, but there is already plenty of unobtainable items (Vandal series weapons, some mods). Isnt it too early for the temporary actions like that?

2. All the infested utilize "W+Mouse1" tactics, they are just charging at players. Will we get flying / cloacking / ranged attack infested units in nearby future?

3. Will the event special enemies (such as informers and eviscerators) return as regular enemis?

4. Damage over time. Only a few weapons cause it. Will the elemental mods inflict it too instead of just increasing regular damage?

Edited by Se7ense7en