Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Livestream #12 - Dev Q&a On August 14 @ 2 Pm Edt!

[DE]Rebecca

Q1: What will be the focus of U10?

Q2: Are you guys working on the credits-vanity items?

Q3: Will the next frame be released with U10 or earlier?

Q4: Why do pistol get so many good mods? Why do the base attack melees have smaller % bonus damage than charged attacks despite having an already lower base damage (compared to a charge)?

I'd like to ask a few questions

Question 1: Will there be new types of infested enemies?

Question 2: Are there ever going to be new warframe powers for which you need specific weapons equipped?

Question 3: What were the grineer arguing about that led to one grineer mentioning someone else's mother?

The transmutation function has been a mixed bag. Some players have gotten really lucky, while others have seen it as a waste of money and mods, combining rare mods and paying a high fee only to get fluff that could have been found from any enemy. What changes are coming to the mod transmutation feature now that it's had a couple of days to see usage?

On a side note, mod pools for stages seem to be fixed anymore. I've ran Xini a couple of times and have found it always gives us the same mod drops from enemies. I think condensing the mod pools is a bit of a better idea than the absolute random chances we've had before, but I think it actually increases the grind more than lessens it, trying to find a stage that drops what I could be looking for and then playing it until it drops the mod in question. What tweeks and additions or changes will we see made to the new way mods work? I think it's on the right track, but it's still missing something to make it both fun and workable.

About 3/4ths of the people who discuss melee want more to the melee combat.

Will there be any improvement to the melee system, for those who my not want to focus strictly on guns at later levels?

About 9/10ths of the people who discuss trading between players of some sort.

I understand that players buying and selling items to other players destroys the value of items, by inflation or deflation, but is it possible we could see some sort of galactic courrier service in the future so that players can send excess blueprints or resources to other players.

Can we get the ability to sell more than one of the same type of item at once? I have a lot of stable corruptors from last event and selling them one at a time is just painfull.

1 - So when are we going to have automatic Mod Setting for our Warframes?

(A.K.A.: I have two Warframes with a mod setup that uses the same mods: Switching between them does makes the Mods automatically switch too.)

2 - Will every single Weapon and Warframe in the game have its Prime version at some point? If not, can you tell us what wouldn't?

3 - BIG guns. I need that. (Seriously, the Ogris is a flippin' R.P.G. the size of a plushie?!? W.T.F?!?

Where's the want goddamn big-bad*ss guns?!? Am I the only one who thinks we need some huge Bazookas, Gatling guns, and Powerful rifles?!?)

cHL61lf.jpg

Edited by CenSilver

Well before any questions a thank you is a good start for listening to us. I have one question since I have started recently.

(poll)

Why do you think the community dislikes you when you do something they want?

1. The community does not know what they want.

2. We give them more than expected.

3. Other ( explain if you can)

Thank you guys :D

first question:

start with a statement: armor needs a rehaul

my proposal, remove "armor ignore" from all weapons (ie serrated blade/physics impact/poison/etc)

not saying to remove the dmg types from the game, but change it so that they do not ignore the armor stats in their calculations

this brings most all weapons back into viable use and makes the armor piercing mods serve their intended purpose

redo armor scaling on high level enemies to balance accordingly

what are DE staff's thoughts on this?

second question:

what's up with stamina? seems to serve little to no purpose currently, what are DE's plans to overhaul it? (fyi a stamina overhaul could tie-in with "big guns" or heavy melee, making gear selections affect movement speed)

third question:

infected (infested?) 2.0, when is it coming? the infected need new mobs and tilesets (ie the infected orokin vessel tileset that Lotus talks about on Themisto)

fourth question:

Hyena, when is overhaul coming? players want a pack of hyena's hunting them, not a mini-jackal

fifth question:

Jackal overhaul, upcoming? thoughts?

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Will there ever be a "mod set" that a player can set up and set a 'Frame to use it?

By this, I mean allowing a player to define a few mods to be under the set "Tank" such as Redirection, Vitality and Steel Fiber and assigning a 'Frame to use this mod set, automatically setting these mods to slots so that the player doesn't have to remove mods from one Warframe to put them on another Warframe?

If that didn't make much sense(which, it probably didn't..), then think of it like this:

I use Focus, Flow, Redirection and Vitality on a few different Warframes. It's annoying for me to have to take them all off one 'Frame, go to another and put these four mods onto the next 'Frame I'm using. By allowing a player to define a "Mod Set", I could put those four mods into a group and name it "Standard Mods". When I from my Vauban to my Ash, I could just have them both use the Mod Set "Standard Mods", so that it automatically pulls the mods from my Vauban to my Ash.

Will there ever be anything like this?

(And yes, I know I'm not the first to ask this.)

Edited by DeceitfulShade

* I've sent a message to Steve 3 weeks ago, and since I got no answer, here goes: Can we hope for more synergy between Shade and frames that can go invisible (Loki is obvious, but that may apply to Ash as well) ?

The problem right now is that when you go invisible, Shade stays visible... that doesn't make any sense, nor a good stealth-experience.

Does the team consider that as a problem, and if so, how far down is it on the priority list ?

In any case, what I propose is quite simple: when the frame goes invisible, Shade does so as well, and doesn't do anything at all until the frame is visible and attacking again.

* Can we have personal training rooms (notice the emphasis on "personal") ?

Right now when you want to try a new build (of any kind), you have to take it to a mission, which is time-consuming (unless you cancel the mission when you're done testing, but still...).

A very limited personal space (in the void maybe, just like the dojo ?) with some target dummies would thus be invaluable.

World of Warcraft did it well: dummies of different levels, even bosses, for players to fine-tune their builds...

* The new crosshair context-coloring is nice, but what about coloring the regular basic crosshair ?

It's sometimes very hard to find the crosshair when there's a lot of explosions happening...

* Along with what everyone proposes for mods sorting, what are the paths the devs are working on/thinking about ?

Then again, I'd propose something: at least when modding the frames and weapons (read: NOT the main mods list): sort the mods by ranks, and display their numbers.

So if I have a bunch of Hellfire mods, comprised of 1 rank-5, 1 rank-2, and 5325 rank-0, then only those 3 ranked Hellfire will show, along with the numbers 1, 1 and 5325 (you can possibly even hide the number when it's 1).

I did my best to provide a question every time, so it doesn't look too much like a wish-list.

I hope it's ok.

Dear devs, I have some question for you guys...

Q1: Any plan about improving Weekend events like less rushing or not killing the same thing over and over that make players boring and add something like Global bosses in the future?

Q2: Will the next Warframe be more stealthy that every skills of it are about stealthy?

Q3: Are bows getting more love from devs? (new bow mods, buff, new kind)

Q4: Bullet damage type weapons is super weak when vs. high lvl enemies, what will you do about it?

Q5: Will there more mods like Heavy Impact?

Thanks for reading DE.

Edited by LuanKing

Why don't we have texture/paint type packs in addition to color packs? Imagine go much cooler frames could look with Opaque, Matte, Gloss, Candy, Pearlescent, Iridescent, Metal, Tricked Metallic, Plastic, or Rubber paint jobs?

Or patterns similar to the new Desert Grineer weapon skins?

Sheldon is awesome!

Question: I love my sentinel, it makes me more badass in multiplayer and keeps me company in solo play.

What updates are coming to them in the future? will they be more programmable? will we be able to direct their personality? will they get a little voice and tell us when they are hurt? when will we get more weapons to equip them with?

Keep up the good work DE.

First question: Will we ever get a proper mini-game developed around the resource-flinging properties of the golf-club/Orthos? Like, 10 points for getting them close to an ally, 100 if you hit them and they pick it up, and 200 if you hit a Grineer in the face?

Second question: Why does it looke like Nova is pretending to be holding an invissible baby while in the dojo?

Are there any plans to change the way Forma functions?

It is currently an outlandish feature in the game that has little to no interaction or logic cross-over with the rest of the game, that I can only assume (by Steve's exact quote) was designed in direct inspiration from older games like Call of Duty's "Prestige".

Forma currently takes a magnifying glass and shoves it in the face of everything wrong in Warframe, at least in my opinion.

Q: The infamous "Session Unavailable"  bug (and many others) is still rampant throughout the game. While it's nice to see new content, events, and animations; I was wondering if we are ever going to get that oh so special patch with all the glorious bug fixes and improvements before U10? If not, how much longer can we expect to wait?

Q: There's been some on-going talk about the terrible nature of enemy armor scaling and the mods associated with diminishing it. Are you guys aware how obsolete the current system makes ~80% of the weapon catalog? Are there plans to change the way enemies armor scales? If not, are there plans to give a much needed buff to the armor pen. mods?

Q: STEALTH! When!? This game has nothing to do with Ninjas (barring Ash). Space Ninjas in an egregious overstatement of the word. Tenno are freelance space mercenaries, plain and simple. When can we expect the gameplay options to reflect the game's slogan (ninjas play free)?

Q: The Grinner Gallion tileset has been a welcome addition to the game, and with the new Grineer tileset about to roll out, it would seem the next place to look for a new tileset would be...the infested. Will they ever get their own ship/planet? Will their tileset ever be more than just floaty particles and stuff on the walls/floor?

Edited by Eulo