[DE]Megan

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.16.0

39 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

We haven't gotten any new Tenno Reinforcements and it is March :sad: . I hope we get something after Zephyr Prime next week.

Thank you for the Dojo Remaster and Discord Presence. Hopefully we can see the clan Kingpin system added in the future to compliment these rich changes.

They're doing what people have been asking for for a long time now: focusing on QoL instead of pushing out new content.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Iceheart125 said:

They're doing what people have been asking for for a long time now: focusing on QoL instead of pushing out new content.

Grass is always greener, I guess.

Reset settings to defaults (that'll take me FOREVER to fix). Decoration placing is still broken. If I'm in the place decoration mode and I try to rotate my camera by moving the mouse, the screen blurs, lights and some textures turn around in circles, but my camera doesn't actually rotate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sid6dot7 said:

I do not. Even after relogging, the bounty fails for my after Lotus' introduction before the 1st stage.

When I said "I really hope your joking" That is another way of saying "well i should hope thats not the case" I really hope that it isnt because aren't we nearing the end of the prime vault opening?

Please, tell us something about a separate "Y Axis" for Mouse and controller, I like to play "inverted" with a controller but I like mining with the mouse.

LOL glad you spent time making that loud tapping sound which is insufferable on all bullet hits (especially bad with automatics) instead of working on anything important.. like splitting arcanes, or making plains work.  the sound effect is truely terrible. thank for you adding a slider/option to remove it. 

3 minutes ago, terribleperson said:

Reset settings to defaults (that'll take me FOREVER to fix). Decoration placing is still broken. If I'm in the place decoration mode and I try to rotate my camera by moving the mouse, the screen blurs, lights and some textures turn around in circles, but my camera doesn't actually rotate.

Have you tried leaving and re-entering the dojo? My decoration camera was locked to a single plane of movement (and the mouse was disabled) until I reloaded the dojo instance. 

Although honestly, for dojo decorating, the freecam is a worse option than the old way IMO. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

48 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Give you better decorating tools.
  • Offer you more decorations.
  • Give you more functionality in the Dojo. 

I have reason to believe the camera is broken. Won't let your "pan" your view around so you can go somewhere.

• Upvote 2

Since the Anniversary items made a comeback, and we're getting an interior decoration update I guess there is no better time to ask.

I missed the whole twitch event for PoE, so will there be another event in the future where folks like me can get a chance at a Cetus Totem?

Oooh I see many QoL changes! Thanks, DE!
As much as I'm waiting for new content, I'm happy with you taking the time to make improvements with the existing stuff.

2 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Have you tried leaving and re-entering the dojo? My decoration camera was locked to a single plane of movement (and the mouse was disabled) until I reloaded the dojo instance. 

Yeah, that fixed it. I'm glad it's working now, but less glad that I reset my settings.

Wonderful additoins and amazing fixes  Dojo Decorations and tons of new Cetus fixes! Love it! :)

Though....

Chesa Kubrows and other utility pets are still broken. They refuse to use thier precepts around enemies. Since then many community "solutions" have been offered. "Make sure you have the precepts in the right order in your loadout". "Make sure you are not attacking enemies as your pet will start attacking and overwrite its own priorites in favor of killing". None of these fixed the issue. Take my Chesa for example, it's neutralize mod is still useless, as even though it will activate when there are enemies, my Kubrow just disarms them then keeps attacking the same enemy until it is dead. Retrive is pointless in a firefight too as, with neutralize, my Kubrow only focuses on attacking enemies 15 feet from it and won't grab my gun ammo i need 3 feet from it.  Kavats are proof that this is a bug or a broken freature as they use thier non combat functions while enemies are nearby. Please DE fix my utility kubrows.

I do see this issue slowly being fixed, Before the Preciepts wouldn't even work near enemies. Atleast now to "kind of" work. Thank you so much for your continued work DE.

On that subject, Pets in general are just plain unbalanced compaired to setinials. I know, I know. you've all heard this a million times.. But i'm posting it again becuase nothing has been done about it. 

Lets look at Setinials first:

• Can be obtained almost right out of the gate when starting a new account
  • Cheap to make (no incubator or rare resource farming needed)
  • No wait times or resources needed to switch between compainions
  • No stat degredation over time while compainion is out
  • No Resource upkeep
  • More focused on Utility compared to Pets
  • Always stay by your side and don't get stuck on easily manuvarable parts of the map
  • Can revive you
  • Are easier to kill than pets and connot be healed as easily
  • only have a set number of "revives" before they are dead for the mission

Next Pets:

• Take longer to get as you need to complete a quest for kubrows and then must make it to the derelict to get Kavats
  • Require Much for prerequiste work to get, the above quest to obtain equipment to use pets, Special rare drops only found at 1 location for each pet type (eggs for kubrows/Genetic codes for kavats)
  • 3 hour wait times to switch in between pets (or 30 min if you can get the resources for the "upgrade") or you can use plat or credits(upgraded) to "rush" it
  • Stat degredation for eqipped compainion which result in loss of compainion if you don't have the upgrade
  • Resource upkeep required to keep compainion alive/battle worthy
  • More focused on combat with pets having higher damage and combat abilites than setinials
  • AI cuases pets to glitch out on terrain or not even follow you period which makes them less useful for combat or utility
  • Cannot revive you
  • Are harder to kill as they have more health and can be healed by player more easily
  • Can be revived an unlimited number of times during mission

While the Hunter mod pack has made it possible for pets to now heal you, bringing them one step closer to rivaling setinials. That is so sad that we need a mod pack that hinders our already exsisiting builds to help our pets closer to a substitute for setinials. Pets are a late game compainion, harder to get, require resources to keep going, and yet they are worthless both in and out of mission compaired to setinials. Yes, Pets are more combat focused and do more damage and survive longer, but that does not redem that amount of work or time spent into getting and maintaining/using them. The utility pets are worse than setinials in every way besides survivability since they don't use thier precepts. Even if they did, they don't match up to the setinials due to the sub par pathing AI for pets.

Please DE, please. Buff Pets!! Atleast the Utility Kubrows.. fix those. either that or remove all this "end game requirements/resources sinks" from them as they are currently not worth it.

As of right now the only Pet i use is my Smeeta kavat as she still uses her precepts, she strips armor, and she can heal me. plus doing tons of damage. She makes all the resources and time and grind worth the price both in aquiring and maintaining her.. the other kavat is good as well as striping armor is still availible, The Charger Kubrow also uses his precepts and does great damage so he makes the price more barable. But the other Pets aren't worth it they have been collecting dust ever since early Febuary 2016 when chesa's were somewhat new and you Changed how kubrow utility precepts worked.. in that they don't.

And now with the upcomming addition of Khora, the cat tamer, kubrows and other pets take an even greater fall into the useless depths. As Khora's 3rd ability grants her a, limited time, fully functionaly and modable Kavat that is even commandable. While still all other pets need constant resource dumps to stay with you. 

I am terribly sorry for rambling on and on. But this is important to me. I've worked hard and long to get these pets and all but one aren't useful to me. Please DE Help.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this,

•  
  • Like 2

Trinity's Strega Skin Maggor Leg armor is still out of place. Is it gonna be like with Saryn that we had to wait almost half a year till it got fixed?

gzHlpk3.jpg

Hopefully these tweaks will allow for better ability to work on content later.

So no actual content? Just improvements to decoration system... cool. Guess I have to wait till zephyr prime access for some ACTUAL content. last time we got something actually new was Augments on the 25th Of January.. 

• Like 2

So much work gets done when not having the additional hassle of fixing Raids.  

• Upvote 1

@[DE]Megan Uh oh, Shadows of the Dead look nice but they are more focused on following Nekros than actually attacking anything now (even when they are under attack!)

P.S. Black colored Shadows look like Ink monsters, love the new visuals!!

Edited by PsiWarp
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes: 

• Fixed crash that would occur if you left Navigation open staring at blinking unfinished nodes on your Star Chart for 7 hours.

About time you did.

Just now, _Vortus_ said:

So much work gets done when not having the additional hassle of fixing Raids.  

I hope thats sarcasum lol