Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day 850 Login is a joke

Voltage

So... That "reward" landed me 3 bad rivens, to which I added another bad riven I already had, one transmuter... And I ended up getting another bad riven for a weapon I don't ever plan on using.

Wasted time(omitting 850 days to get there): close to 40 minutes unlocking Plains Riven challenges.

Wasted items: 1x transmuter, 1 bad riven. 

Total reward: 1/4th of a (potentially) another random Riven. In a month, maybe, seeing how Sorties mostly reward Anasas. 

Good job at disappointing loyal players, DE, the only thing I can compare that reward to is getting three cheap lottery tickets for a major anniversary event. Even a sigil would've been better than THIS. 

Edited by Reifnir

One has to look at how these rewards were implemented.  When the game launched they weren't thinking about the day 850 reward.  Also those who have been playing continuously or semi regularly are much closer to the 850 day reward then someone who started last year.  The relevance of the rewards vary case by case but I would think the 850 reward is a harder sell to someone in the land of MR12 who plays semi regularly opposed to a MR20+ who is much closer to the 850 door. 

I get my 3 guaranteed rivens tonight.

I figure that's like... 12 days of sortie missions, because with the way RNG treats me, all I tend to get is pineapples, endo, or another golden potato to go on top of my pile of 30 I already have.

So yay! I don't have to spend almost half a month to get 3 rivens! Woo And that means I don't have to suffer through another Sniper-Only Assassination of a Lvl 100 Lephantis.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:42 PM, Reifnir said:

So... That "reward" landed me 3 bad rivens, to which I added another bad riven I already had, one transmuter... And I ended up getting another bad riven for a weapon I don't ever plan on using.

Wasted time(omitting 850 days to get there): close to 40 minutes unlocking Plains Riven challenges.

Wasted items: 1x transmuter, 1 bad riven. 

Total reward: 1/4th of a (potentially) another random Riven. In a month, maybe, seeing how Sorties mostly reward Anasas. 

Good job at disappointing loyal players, DE, the only thing I can compare that reward to is getting three cheap lottery tickets for a major anniversary event. Even a sigil would've been better than THIS. 

Translation:  You got greedy.  Could've just sold the rivens for plat and gotten more value than most login rewards.  

Also, what makes 850 days so much more special?  I could understand if it were 1000 days or something, but there's nothing that makes 850 days a major anniversary event.

1 hour ago, Aggh said:

Could've just sold the rivens for plat and gotten more value than most login rewards.  

I don't need any plat value in my login reward milestones. I was perfectly fine with untradeable mods, weapons and sigils before. Even with Formas, Adapters and whatnot. This? This feels worse because it's just more of nausea-inducing RNG. 

13 hours ago, Reifnir said:

I don't need any plat value in my login reward milestones. I was perfectly fine with untradeable mods, weapons and sigils before. Even with Formas, Adapters and whatnot. This? This feels worse because it's just more of nausea-inducing RNG. 

That's your problem.  DE is running a business, they're handing out items of value and they have to control what they give out based on that value. Forma and Adapters can be bought with plat. Three veiled rivens can sell for anywhere from 90-450 plat depending on what types you get, that's a lot of value to give when long term players who log in consistently tend to spend money regardless.

Also, how on earth do you still need adapters after 850 logins?

On 4/10/2018 at 11:58 AM, (XB1)MarineDawg said:

One has to look at how these rewards were implemented.  When the game launched they weren't thinking about the day 850 reward.  Also those who have been playing continuously or semi regularly are much closer to the 850 day reward then someone who started last year.  The relevance of the rewards vary case by case but I would think the 850 reward is a harder sell to someone in the land of MR12 who plays semi regularly opposed to a MR20+ who is much closer to the 850 door

Pfft.  I know someone just shy of MR24 who only has 160 logins.  It doesn't take  very long to hit the point where it's pretty frustrating to have mods hundreds of days away.

Edited by Aggh

On 4/12/2018 at 9:15 AM, Aggh said:

Pfft.  I know someone just shy of MR24 who only has 160 logins.  It doesn't take  very long to hit the point where it's pretty frustrating to have mods hundreds of days away.

Dag, now that's dedication.  I am halfway to 24 and about 30 logins past Primed Shred.  Well everyone has their own take on it, frankly I am sure one of those three will be a riven I never had and perhaps one that might be fun to experiment with.  It could be worse, it could be an Anasa sculpture... or three.