Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Day 850 Login is a joke

Voltage

33 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

Would you care to explain to these forum people what you did for 1400 hours?

Bringing up my time played is a moot argument, and the fact you dont realize that is extremely telling. Going by your hours you've spent 5.4 hours a day in warframe every single day for the last five years. Its a shame that means absolutely nothing in this discussion.

You and I are anecdotal when it comes to discussing how Warframe should be changed and marketed for the majority of players. As regardless of what you or I think, they are more important.

You say Long-term systems have been 'devalued' but I challenge you to understand those systems weren't being touched by the vast majority of players for the exact reason you think they were 'great'.

Having to spend literal months grinding out focus (of which the majority was worthless, and still is) was not a marketable game mechanic, it was a chore. With the current system much of the tree remains mechanically insignificant but is attainable in a much more marketable time period and thus more people are dabbling in it. Though whether or not the system will see much use outside of Eidolons or customary energy regen has yet to be seen.

Having to run hundreds of raids to get sets of arcanes you want for your warframe (of which the majority are still worthless) was not marketable or feasibly maintainable, and thus Raids were sacked, and arcanes were put into an acceptable challenge, with varying levels of 'difficulty'. This is a step forward, not a step back. With that said I would like to see Raids return some day, but that may not be possible.

The log-in system is far more subjective, but to put it simply, it does not hurt the game to let people choose their reward every 50 days, because they still have to log in to get it. It just means people could get the Sigma & Octantis without sitting around for 2 years. If anything the fact they applied MR ranks to login rewards means they'll probably still be marginally time-gated to brand new players, and thus incentivize them to actually play the game  and get through the MR instead of just log on and leave.

This is how you make an actual argument. By not waving your time played around like a flaccid noodle and making actual points. Good Day

Edited by Nox_Terminus

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

Have we considered the likelihood that, like the Login weapon, these Rivens will be gifted with their own free slots? 60 plat at least is a pretty nice gift.

Yeah speaking of which we don't have enough information about the reward we know it's 3 Rivens.

13 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Bringing up my time played is a moot argument, and the fact you dont realize that is extremely telling. Going by your hours you've spent 5.4 hours a day in warframe every single day for the last five years. Its a shame that means absolutely nothing in this discussion.

You and I are anecdotal when it comes to discussing how Warframe should be changed and marketed for the majority of players. As regardless of what you or I think, they are more important.

You say Long-term systems have been 'devalued' but I challenge you to understand those systems weren't being touched by the vast majority of players for the exact reason you think they were 'great'.

Having to spend literal months grinding out focus (of which the majority was worthless, and still is) was not a marketable game mechanic, it was a chore. With the current system much of the tree remains mechanically insignificant but is attainable in a much more marketable time period and thus more people are dabbling in it. Though whether or not the system will see much use outside of Eidolons or customary energy regen has yet to be seen.

Having to run hundreds of raids to get sets of arcanes you want for your warframe (of which the majority are still worthless) was not marketable or feasibly maintainable, and thus Raids were sacked, and arcanes were put into an acceptable challenge, with varying levels of 'difficulty'. This is a step forward, not a step back. With that said I would like to see Raids return some day, but that may not be possible.

The log-in system is far more subjective, but to put it simply, it does not hurt the game to let people choose their reward every 50 days, because they still have to log in to get it. It just means people could get the Sigma & Octantis without sitting around for 2 years. If anything the fact they applied MR ranks to login rewards means they'll probably still be marginally time-gated to brand new players, and thus incentivize them to actually play the game  and get through the MR instead of just log on and leave.

This is how you make an actual argument. By not waving your time played around like a flaccid noodle and making actual points. Good Day

Yeah we need like some time gated stuff. Maybe future systems (that won't be put into another system.)
Yeah would like some form of trials/heavy mechanical thing to come.
Yeah additionally hopefully systems that aren't compromised just by trading ingame as well but more gameplay/time based.

Edited by Kinjeto

The only real issue I see is..

what if a player is already capped out on Rivens, what then? I certainly hope DE wouldn't force us to get rid of 3 Rivens. Because if so I should quite playing till I can pick my log in path to completely avoid this cluster duck. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

The 850 login isn’t one of the major ones. So, I’m alright with it.  If it were the 900 day reward I’d be a little miffed.  To be honest the sigils aren’t all that great. Some people may love them though.  

If if they’re going to change the system the way they described by allowing people to choose a reward path or something similar then. I can see offering a bit more variety as a good thing in the long run.  New players will have something to look forward to.  Veterans who’ve done the logins already will have all the rewards already so I don’t see it as anything but more incentive for newer players to keep logging in.  

Just now, jfhsanseiIII said:

The 850 login isn’t one of the major ones. So, I’m alright with it.  If it were the 900 day reward I’d be a little miffed.  To be honest the sigils aren’t all that great. Some people may love them though.  

If if they’re going to change the system the way they described by allowing people to choose a reward path or something similar then. I can see offering a bit more variety as a good thing in the long run.  New players will have something to look forward to.  Veterans who’ve done the logins already will have all the rewards already so I don’t see it as anything but more incentive for newer players to keep logging in.  

Indeed

4 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Screenshot_31.png

850 days logged in is the equivalent of 3 Sortie missions. That is just disheartening, especially when you know that you basically recieve Endo for 2+ years logged in. What happened to cool cosmetic sigils/glyphs every 50 days and weapons/mods/syandana for 100?

Logging in does not require any effort. Complaining about free stuff for zero effort is not going to make DE like you more and give you better stuff.

Another QQ post by the Q clan. Checks out. 

But seriously, how do you manage to become more self entitled with each post? Try thinking about other players for once just like DE are. I approve of this reward, daily logins should NOT hold time gated exclusives (at least in it's current form). 

"But it shows how long we've been committed to the game!" And? Who cares? Is a horribly big playtime something to be proud of now? I'm at day 800 and I wish others could have the things I've gotten from the login system but for less time. 

3 Rivens for 850 days log in is a joke.

You can thank you by all the people who complained about the daily tribute system.They shot in they own feet with that because of their begrudge of good rewards.

Edited by K0bra

18 minutes ago, MopUpCrewman said:

Another QQ post by the Q clan. Checks out. 

But seriously, how do you manage to become more self entitled with each post? Try thinking about other players for once just like DE are. I approve of this reward, daily logins should NOT hold time gated exclusives (at least in it's current form). 

"But it shows how long we've been committed to the game!" And? Who cares? Is a horribly big playtime something to be proud of now? I'm at day 800 and I wish others could have the things I've gotten from the login system but for less time. 

I wouldn’t pay attention to what this dude says, because just a few days ago he posted something about “its free stuff why do you complain?” Ofc the context is different but it’s still stupid contradiction 

Just ignore him, he’s basically here to get upvotes lol (I’m guessing he even has followers dedicated for that) 

Yeah because we definitely need even more sigils and glyphs. Not as if we can't use loads of them on one warframe at one time.

Primed mod yeah would've been nice, but I think it's something to ease the gap in accessible content for the time being until the login rework. Valid point would be for those at 90/90. Maybe even 10 extra slots to bring that limit to 100 would've been better.

Either way I do think it is a pretty lousy complaint you're making, a joke indeed... :facepalm:

Edited by Valiant

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

hey, if they come with Slots (pretty sure they do) it ain't all bad. that's 60P I'll save.

if you don't want them, you could always give them away to others.

Well it'd be decent if it went past the current limit. If it doesn't then it's one less little bonus which might've pleased people a touch more if they're 'that distressed' over the 850 day reward...

2 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Well it'd be decent if it went past the current limit. If it doesn't then it's one less little bonus which might've pleased people a touch more if they're 'that distressed' over the 850 day reward...

I don't see how being 3 slots over the limit can really hurt the game. I reckon the whole "Rivens taking up lots of data" argument is kinda false since they basically went from a max capacity of 60 to 90 without really saying much; personally I think they could put as many slots in as they like, they just want to give you limited slots so that you only go for the Rivens you want most, which you would do via trading, which of course takes Plat. they've also made sure to make it so that console can't get market discounts for Riven Slots.

make no mistake, DE are quite savvy when it comes to Riven Slots, because it's making them so much money.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I don't see how being 3 slots over the limit can really hurt the game. I reckon the whole "Rivens taking up lots of data" argument is kinda false since they basically went from a max capacity of 60 to 90 without really saying much; personally I think they could put as many slots in as they like, they just want to give you limited slots so that you only go for the Rivens you want most, which you would do via trading, which of course takes Plat. they've also made sure to make it so that console can't get market discounts for Riven Slots.

make no mistake, DE are quite savvy when it comes to Riven Slots, because it's making them so much money.

Same.

Guess we'll find out once someone reaches 850 days.