Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.16.1

[DE]Drew

just want to bring this up...I cant trade with all with people after the two hotfixes were deployed. I dont know if other people are having same issues since trade chat is still very active. Just wanted to bring this to your attention if you didnt know already

So this patch has been far from ideal and here's why:

1) Did a bounty with a public group and came across a mission location with an empty dargyn.  I jumped aboard and having read there were game crashes when bailing from a dargyn, I thought I'd test it.  As my dargyn was about to blow up, I bailed... and warframe crashed...  Not good.  At least the bug reporter noticed it! (Yay, bug reporter!)

2) Went to do a bounty and the gatehouse from Cetus to the plains was up in the sky.  Other players were below the ground (I was host) and when I went to extraction, the gatehouse was an abyss (only rendered in erroneous spot up in the sky).  Fortunately the other players were able to get to extraction (and they appeared to be in the sky gatehouse above Lake Toht!  The gatehouse abyss issue was specifically supposed to have been addressed with this patch.  If it helps, I kept seeing the message "Invalid launch point" or some such.  So another issue not fixed contrary to developers' beliefs (or perhaps fixed in unintended ways?)

3) While the patch was being deployed (didn't know one was coming until already on the plains), was in an open Plains of Eidolon group at night.  We had literally just killed the Eidolon Teralyst when the host left (I think they had died all 5 times and rather than waiting for extraction, decided to abort).  This forced a host migration... which because a patch was mid-deployment, things went haywire.  I wasn't able to pick anything up as I suddenly found myself being "returned to the multiplayer menu" and lost everything, not just the stuff the Eidolon had just dropped that the rest of us hadn't grabbed yet.  Could you give us more than a few minutes warning so we can avoid entering missions sooner? I'd appreciate it... especially with an update this large.  I realize there's a limit to what can be done when a patch is deployed and a host migration occurs, so warning us sooner is the only solution I can think of.

4) Finally, just prior to starting this post, I was in an Axi interception fissure.  We had just finished round 4 when 3 of us went to continue and the host extracted.  Host migration occurred and I found myself god-knows-where.  I hit /unstuck and was placed in a normal location only to find I couldn't move or do anything.  No response from any actions I attempted.  I tried chatting to the other players (chat appeared to work, or at least I could type in the window), but got no response from anyone else still in the squad.  A minute or two later, the game suddenly ends and it's telling me mission failed.  I lost my 4 Axi relics (or the 4 rewards including at least 1 gold and 1 silver) depending on how you look at it) 

This leads me to the belief that host migration seems to be a constant source of unplayable bugs.  I'd like to suggest upping the priority of work on a better system for synchronized distribution of game data in the event of a loss of host.  I've posted about this issue before and experienced several other incidents caused by a host migration including this one since that post.  Perhaps at various mission checkpoints (end of interception round/defense wave/bounty stage/mission objective change, etc) create a hash key of the game data to create a "restore" point. Hell, I wouldn't mind a brief mission "pause" with a message of "creating restore point" while the players' machines crunch their data and compare their hash value to the host's.  Would take all of a few seconds, if that.  Git is a good example of this concept.

Anyway, as a fellow member of the IT biz, I suspect I know what's going on that can explain many of today's issues.  I know there can be drift among the various repositories (from individual developers' repositories up the various stages to the live repository) causing all sorts of issues when moving branches up the deployment tree (been there, done that).  So please, from one IT person to another, take some time to bring your repositories back into sync.  I realize that can be a big task with a project more than 5 years old, but today should give plenty of reason to do so.

All that said, I've been enjoying Warframe immensely since I started last December, but today has me questioning its reliability going forward.

Please consider ways to do better.

Cheering for you,

Ruat

2 hours ago, lqid10t8181 said:

Currently can't trade. Anyone entering a dojo is put into their own instance.

2 hours ago, xDiend said:

Another problem that started today was that no one can trade in the Dojo currently. Players are able to enter the Dojo, but when you go to the trading terminal to start a trade, it says no one is present (even though obviously the player is). 

Also happens with Maroo's Bazaar, but this may be cross region related

To the geniuses from the "Motion Blur" crowd....

I do not know your IT knowledge , or the general power of logic and deduction you are capable of , but this is not motion blur .

However I know that 99,99999 % of the people on the planet cannot make a distinction between an RJ-45 connector and their GPU (unless they google the images)

There is a video showing the glitch from 2 and a half years ago :

I have experienced this issue right after this patch.

Someone from the development team has dug up a branch of code which is at least 3 years old.

For all intents and purposes , this looks like a dying GPU artifacting out , but given the evidence on the web , and that this is happening only with WF , and it started with the latest patch - it is clear that it is WF issue.

Holmes signing out.

28 minutes ago, Volf3r said:

To the geniuses from the "Motion Blur" crowd....

I do not know your IT knowledge , or the general power of logic and deduction you are capable of , but this is not motion blur .

However I know that 99,99999 % of the people on the planet cannot make a distinction between an RJ-45 connector and their GPU (unless they google the images)

There is a video showing the glitch from 2 and a half years ago :

I have experienced this issue right after this patch.

Someone from the development team has dug up a branch of code which is at least 3 years old.

For all intents and purposes , this looks like a dying GPU artifacting out , but given the evidence on the web , and that this is happening only with WF , and it started with the latest patch - it is clear that it is WF issue.

Holmes signing out.

Thanks for being the first person to realize that it takes more then a screen shot to explain the issue lol

can you please remove the slight delay when entering the starchart, its already pretty annoying

why did u even add it?

what was the point?

who wanted to see their frame kneel before actually playing?

again, its just annoying, notthing more nothing less

6 minutes ago, Ev1dentFir31 said:

Can you take endo back from a mod? Then why would you down grade an arcane?

Because it was a feature that had existed until the latest changes. The UI was really weird, so many people accidentally upgraded the same arcane to the same level instead of upgrading a single arcane to its max. Hence there are people stuck with two sets of Rank 1 Arcane Victories instead of one single Rank 2 Arcane Victory. It is a problem, and it needs some way of getting fixed. They let people downgrade Arcanes with distillers before, why not re-implement them?

I've noticed two bugs in the amount of time I've played since the update:

1 - When you go into navigation, the screen dims out before you can see your Warframe do the kneling animation. There isn't any loss of functionality, it's just odd that you added a delay so you would see the animation, but can't see it because the screen dims too quickly.

2 - When you have the Aksomati equipped in your arsenal and mouse over the secondary slot, the weapon will fire a single shot.

Archived