Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros' New Shadows - An Amazing Start...

The_Tiddler

...but I don't think we should end there!

For those of you out of the loop, the recent update brought with it a graphical overhaul to Nekros' shadows that I absolutely adore!

lBYnosy.png

It seems his soul punch also gained more smoke and particles to it - huzzah! But his Desecrating and Shield of Shadows, I feel, is also due for a face lift.

----------------------------------------------

Let's start with Shield of Shadows

Spoiler

At current, Nekros' shadows rather uncouthly shoot a big skinny laser right into his crotch to suck up the damage he takes.

9eH2n0k.png

I find this both awkward to look at, and the lasers themselves incredibly distracting at time - especially when you've got 7 of them!

zLqhXZG.png

I propose an effect much akin to Ivara's pick-pockeing; something thicker, like the shadow's essence itself is being drawn towards Nekros. Perhaps something to stop just shy of him as to not obstruct the player's vision, while also making it more clearly a shadow than an enemy. Something like... THIS:

sVVKiJc.png

Now onto desecrate!

Spoiler

At current Nekros is enveloped by a flat, flickery sheet of energy. This doesn't translate to his attachments and also has many unsightly seams along it. Now, they seem to have lessened the effect's intensity by a whole lot some updates ago, but I still find it mighty unsightly.

My proposal is to replace the effect with something more noticable while not obstructing fashionframe too much: A dark smoke around Nekros' feet, from which energy-colour tendrils writhe in search for a dying Grineer to shake the pennies from his pockets. Something like this, give or take, and forgiving the shoddy artwork because I rushed it. Huehue.

d99fuPx.png

And that's it. Thanks for reading if you did! Feel free to SMASH THAT M-F-ING UPVOTE BUTTON and give your suggestions. I'mkiddingaboutthatfirstpartmostly

As a final word, I'd just like to say whoever did the new shadows needs to be fired just so they can be rehired. A pat on the back and a slice of cake would also work, and be less paperwork. Maybe forget my first suggestion.

Edited by Tiddlerdoo