Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Get Rid of Exalted Blades Slide Attack Flash

Asuraph

I never used his slide attack Radial Blind before, so I can't say much for it to begin with. I think it sucks that when I decide to pop Exalted Blade, my movement is immediately hampered and based on how much energy I have. As I said before, I never used the slide attack Radial Blind, because when I needed to blind things, I just pressed 2(or mouse button 4) when I needed it. Ever since the energy crisis hit Excalibur, I stopped building for Exalted Blade and just stuck to pumping his armor and health. I rarely, if ever, pop Exalted Blade. I want this to change. Get rid of the Slide Blind.

Make it a pulse of damage instead or just a slide attack. I'm not saying that I copter or anything. But it helps me maneuver midair sometimes. A little bit of course correction when I need it. Anyways, thank you for taking your time to read this. Have an awesome day!(edit: BUT PLEASE GET RID OF THE ENERGY DRAIN ON SLIDE ATTACK!)

Edited by Asuraph

No... that's like my favorite part of Exalted Blade. I would stop playing Excalibur if I were you and play Inaros or Nidus becuase you wan to build armor and health on them. Your very first sentence literally states you may or may not know what your talking about (I'm not saying your don't, but uhhh yeah).

I think it should just be replaced to the charge attack, since I don't think holding down the melee button does anything at all right now. That way, people who like the quick radial blind can still use it, and people who want to slide attack or just not lose their energy instantly can also enjoy themselves.

2 minutes ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

No... that's like my favorite part of Exalted Blade. I would stop playing Excalibur if I were you and play Inaros or Nidus becuase you wan to build armor and health on them. Your very first sentence literally states you may or may not know what your talking about (I'm not saying your don't, but uhhh yeah).

I just hate the energy drain... We are speaking of the slide attack variant of Radial Blind? My opinion is that it's redundant, useless, and a waste of energy. I'm pretty certain others would agree with me.

I like the freedom of movement Excalibur's slash dash offers. I love his look and set up. I've poured over 20 forma into Excalibur alone by this point and have two different variants of him. (Just to defend my position.

1 minute ago, Dawson1917 said:

I think it should just be replaced to the charge attack, since I don't think holding down the melee button does anything at all right now. That way, people who like the quick radial blind can still use it, and people who want to slide attack or just not lose their energy instantly can also enjoy themselves.

I love this idea!

8 minutes ago, TheWhitterMatter said:

Excalibur's slide blind is, mathematically, a waste of energy. It is cheaper (per second of duration and meter of radius) to just press 2.

Just now, Asuraph said:

I just hate the energy drain... We are speaking of the slide attack variant of Radial Blind? My opinion is that it's redundant, useless, and a waste of energy. I'm pretty certain others would agree with me.

I like the freedom of movement Excalibur's slash dash offers. I love his look and set up. I've poured over 20 forma into Excalibur alone by this point and have two different variants of him. (Just to defend my position.

I rarely if ever have energy drain issues, and I run a pretty standard Excal. if I need energy I have no issue putting away the blade and dish out damage with my other weapons.

Just now, TheWhitterMatter said:

I rarely if ever have energy drain issues, and I run a pretty standard Excal. if I need energy I have no issue putting away the blade and dish out damage with my other weapons.

This is a fair point, but I would say that if I'm building for Exalted Blade. I would like to stay in Exalted Blade. It's cool and flashy. That's what matters to me. I would use it even if it didn't have the energy waves.

Yeah the slide attack could just fire a normal blade wave or give off damaging energy like a Pre Nerf Telos Boltace.

They should just keep Blind to 2

On 3/16/2018 at 5:34 AM, TheGrimCorsair said:

They just need to remove his 2 opening enemies up to finishers if they do.

While I guess it would speed up his momentum somewhat... I think his 2 is perfect the way it is. It's a flashbang. It does its job. Plus, honestly, I hope they change stealth damage to make it more reasonable. As it stands now, it's a bit outstanding. I feel like stealth damage should only be given ON finishers. You already have alot going for you while invisible. Why is it necessary to give you bonus damage?

On 3/15/2018 at 11:55 PM, Asuraph said:

I never used his slide attack Radial Blind before, so I can't say much for it to begin with. I think it sucks that when I decide to pop Exalted Blade, my movement is immediately hampered and based on how much energy I have. As I said before, I never used the slide attack Radial Blind, because when I needed to blind things, I just pressed 2(or mouse button 4) when I needed it. Ever since the energy crisis hit Excalibur, I stopped building for Exalted Blade and just stuck to pumping his armor and health. I rarely, if ever, pop Exalted Blade. I want this to change. Get rid of the Slide Blind.

Make it a pulse of damage instead or just a slide attack. I'm not saying that I copter or anything. But it helps me maneuver midair sometimes. A little bit of course correction when I need it. Anyways, thank you for taking your time to read this. Have an awesome day!(edit: BUT PLEASE GET RID OF THE ENERGY DRAIN ON SLIDE ATTACK!)

this is one of the reasons i dont use exalted blade. the slide attack is slow and sluggish. second reason is the fluctus ala mold. excalibur has radial blind its redundant to have it in a slide attack.

As far as I understand, slide radial blind is there to limit the slide-to-win combo with exalted blade: you'll simply run out of energy if you try to do that. Not a good way to balance the broken slide attack but as it is the only thing they came up with, I cannot see slide blind being removed any time soon.

But to be fair, exalted blade does not really require slide-to-win. It's quite powerful as it is plus it has an energy ark ranged attack so personally, I just avoid slid attacking with exalted blade to save energy.

4 hours ago, Siilk said:

As far as I understand, slide radial blind is there to limit the slide-to-win combo with exalted blade: you'll simply run out of energy if you try to do that. Not a good way to balance the broken slide attack but as it is the only thing they came up with, I cannot see slide blind being removed any time soon.

But to be fair, exalted blade does not really require slide-to-win. It's quite powerful as it is plus it has an energy ark ranged attack so personally, I just avoid slid attacking with exalted blade to save energy.

I don't mind they keep the energy cost of the slide attack but it should be something else other than a crappier version of a good power. Maybe make it a radial wave instead. Or a radial Blast that knocks enemies down. Anything. Discount Blind is not cutting it and only makes you keeping a mental note not to slide attack as it would be a waste of energy.