Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Child Room" wrinkles & the need for a Dojo "Room Editor".

Genji

One of the biggest stumbles of designing a dojo is hindsight & hall requirements... Once you've built up a section, years later you might want to streamline the halls, cut out rooms & halls no longer in use & or make better connections.

What stops this is the child room rule... The child room rule will apply to rooms that are in no way connected to the area you're trying to reconstruct. 

Leaving you to dismantle 20 rooms to make changes to 1 hallway & even then, pray  that one of those 20 aren't another room's "child room". Making a simple edit take a month if the dojo is large enough.

We need an editor mode that will allow us to freely snap these rooms & halls together & allow us a dojo room foundry to store built rooms or remove the time gate, as they already have a resource gate....

The changes while in editor mode happen in a private instance and after a set time to the actual dojo.

I am redesigning my dojo right now and let me just tell you it is a pain. If you could actually destroy more than just one room at a time and not have to apply the child room thing that would be great. Its like i am trying to destroy 2 rooms a once and it only lets me do one cause the child room is connected but also being destroyed. if its in the process of being destroyed i should be able to just destroy the other room. Not wait 2 hours before i can destroy the other room. also to redesign my whole dojo it's going to take me 18Hours in total because of the stupid child room effect.